Thread: A2A Free P-40 Accu sim

A2A Free P-40 Accu sim

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Great gesture....got it....

truly a great gift in those hard COVID-19 days!

A nice gesture! Thanks A2A-simulations

Huub

still have to find out how to engine start the P-40
    since it seems not like a simple ctrl+e aircraft

Thank you A2A.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

SOH-CM-2023
    Thank You, A2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    still have to find out how to engine start the P-40
    since it seems not like a simple ctrl+e aircraft
    Check the various 2D windows. With SHIFT+2 or SHIFT+3 (I don't remember which one) you have the Accusim controls, and you can make your engine start with just one click, if I'm not mistaken.
    Concerning the general operation of the plane, I'd strongly advise you to check the various youtube tutorials as well as reading the manual.
    Accusim aircrafts are just a joy to operate. Just keeping it running at parking is already a great source of satisfaction

Blog Entries
    I'm actually speechless...honestly no words. Thank You Scott and team. Unbelievably generous.
    Last edited by gman5250; March 19th, 2020 at 09:14.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

For those new to this aircraft, I consider it a "prerequisite"/a requirement to set a button on your joystick to control the hydraulic pump so that when you are raising/lowering the flaps or landing gear you're not having to look down into the cockpit to find the switch on the control stick. You do this by using the "P40 Input Configurator" within the A2A/P40/Tools folder. With the FSX installation, this folder is found within your main/root FSX folder.

Also, this is a must-watch for new P-40 pilots. Although this video features the P-40E, the systems are essentially the same as in A2A's P-40B/C and the two airframes handle very similarly to one another. Different power settings though because of early/later Allisons.

Well, I've got it and installed it without trouble, but I'm getting steadily more enthusiastic about Bazzar's CTRL+E plans!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thank you so much A2A - what a great gift to the comunity - like ******** said - Unbelievably generous.

All the Best

Dirk

I'm getting into it now, and it's great. A big thank you to A2A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-3-19_17-40-20-139.jpg  

+1

Most generous offer - thanks A2A
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Realism

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Well, I've got it and installed it without trouble, but I'm getting steadily more enthusiastic about Bazzar's CTRL+E plans!
    There is something for everybody in the flight simming world. I have always loved A2A, PMDG, iFly and Carenado to name some of those who not only create great aircraft but also totally as realistic in control as they can get. Aeroplane Heaven has made great aircraft with much realism in the past as I know because I have bought some of them like the F3F Fighter and the B-17 Bomber. Bazzar feels there is a market for both and to each his own. Thank you from the bottom of MY heart to A2A whose aircraft I also have quite a number of and love flying "by the book". Hats off too to Flight Replicas for their contributions in the past too and the upcoming B24 Liberator. Those are some of the payware developers. For freeware the C47 which had umpteen pages here devoted to it as it was developed ranks #1 but maybe too close to call IMHO to the G7S2F aircraft series that Milton Shupe and team spent so much time on making also pretty much BTB aircraft for free too. Ok for my "two-cents" or "tuppence" depending on your side of the pond. Its YOUR choice how real you want it.

Thank you so much for this gift in these difficult times

Since we are all mostly stuck at home, this is a great gesture.

Thanks A2A!

Take care all-
    Kevin

Installing it to P3D V3.4

I tried to install it to P3D V3 not V4 and not having any luck getting it un packed.

The installer wants to default to the C" drive and I tried to install it to a Dummy folder so that I could

manually installed the unpacked files. What a mess.

Is there a way to install it to P3D V3.4? I wanted to make sure all the files are accounted for.

EDIT: A2A is having server issues over there. Error 525 codes. SSL handshake failed. Unstable for now.
    Tried to post a question over there and their server drops off with525 error code.....

They offer two flavors.... FSX or P3D V4 and I am in the middle with P3D V3.......
    Last edited by gray eagle; March 19th, 2020 at 12:01.

Their site seems to be down now......

(later)Seems fine now and got this great download up and running. Thanks A@A. Makes for a much more interesting self-quarantine.
    Last edited by downwind; March 19th, 2020 at 13:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    For those new to this aircraft, I consider it a "prerequisite"/a requirement to set a button on your joystick to control the hydraulic pump so that when you are raising/lowering the flaps or landing geae....
    Where is the item in the cockpit I need?

Oh here it is. So after raising gear you need to left click and hold this hand pump lever for a while.

P40_hand_pump by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

There is a handle to the right of the seat, and also a button on top of the control column. As John says, itĄs easiest to assign a key for the hydraulic pump, using the P40 input configurator menu accessed from your "recently added" menu. Please note that this refers to P3Dv4 - I can't comment on FSX. There is also a hydraulic pump setting available in the SHIFT+3 2D popup.

David

A2A crew thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post

Oh here it is. So after raising gear you need to left click and hold this hand pump lever for a while.
    No, for normal operation you want to use the electrical switch on top of the control stick to activate the hydraulics to raise/lower the landing gear and flaps. As such, it helps vastly to assign that function to a switch on your joystick, since in reality you wouldn't be looking down into the cockpit searching for that switch, you'd simply move your thumb up to the switch and press it in (after selecting gear or flaps up/down). This way too it keeps your right hand on the control stick the whole time, as in reality, without having to fiddle with the mouse.

In the P40 Input Configurator, that function is named "Hydraulic Pump Switch". I use a CH Products Fighterstick, and I have the function assigned to a thumb button at the top of the stick, in much the same position as on the control stick of the real aircraft.

The big manual lever on the right floor of the cockpit is in the event that there are no electrics, and is used in normal operation only as a final assurance check to make sure the gear is fully locked up/down after the indicators show them as such (if the lever doesn't move, you know they're locked).

As Jeff Ethell explains, this is all leftover 1930's technology. Some other aircraft of its generation, like most original AT-6's, had a similar system.

Thank you so much A2A, most generous of you!
    Mark

Outstanding gesture! Thank you very much....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 3