RFN F-8 Crusader is out!! - Page 23
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just to get us back on topic...

Hoping there is provision to carry bombs for folks without TacPack. Similar to the Zuni rocket pods.
    Yes Frank!
    It will be Tacpack compatible but for those who don't have it, the same wing configurations will be available.
    And as I did previously, I'll release a 32bit and a 64bit package to cover FSX and P3D versions.
    I still have some little adjustments to do in the cockpit and after I will need to re-compile the whole set of mdls ... So it will take again some times... I'm afraid I'll miss Christmas ...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    So it will take again some times... I'm afraid I'll miss Christmas ...
    Knowing it is on your work bench is Christmas enough.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    This base is available?
    It is Da Nang Airbase from the Vietnam War Project. I'm not sure how I could share it though. Back when I was on the FSX@War SEA theater team, we tried to get in contact with the VnW Project creators, but we never got any replies.
    In an effort to get the base looking like it did prior to "Project Red Horse" in 1969, I used ADE to remove all of the hardened aircraft shelters, changed/added parking spots and removed all of the static aircraft. It works pretty well in P3D, but in FSX, I pretty much have to turn off the AI.....which makes it a ghost town.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Once again, the Crusader is proving to be a little bit frustrating. This time with the ECM gear that it received via Project Shoehorn.

Does anyone have any good pictures of the F-8E/J ECM control panel?
    Specifically it controls the AN/ALQ-41, AN/ALQ-51, AN/ALR-45 and AN/APR-23. They are located on the right console, next to the exterior light control switches and between the AN/ALE-29A Chaff Dispenser and the AN/ARN-52(V) TACAN panel.

Just so people don't waste their time....we have already looked through the following reference material:

NAVAIR 01-45HHA-1 F-8_Tactical_Manual 10-Sep-1970
    NAVAIR 01-45HHD-1 NATOPS Flight Manual F-8D_E Aircraft 1-Mar-1968
    NAVAIR 01-45HHD-1A Supplemental NATOPS Flight Manual F-8D Aircraft 1-Dec-1966
    NAVAIR 01-45HHE-1 NATOPS Flight Manual F-8H Aircraft 1-Dec-1967
    NAVAIR 01-45HHE-1 NATOPS Flight Manual F-8H_J Aircraft 1-May-1974 (Figures F0-1 and F0-2 show the info, but extremely blurry)
    NAVWEPS 01-45HHC-501A Supplemental NATOPS Flight Manual F-8C Aircraft 15-Jul-1966
    SSP - In Action 007 - F-8 Crusader
    SSP - In Action 070 - F-8 Crusader
    SSP - Walk Around 038 - F-8 Crusader (page 21 offers a partial glimpse of it)
    IDS - Naval Fighters 016 - Vought F-8 Crusader Part-1 Development & Testing Foreign Users & F8U-3
    IDS - Naval Fighters 017 - Vought F-8 Crusader Part-2 Navy & Marine RF8 Photo-Recon Squadrons
    IDS - Naval Fighters 018 - Vought F-8 Crusader Part-3 Marine Fighter Squadrons
    Osprey - Air combat - Vought F-8 Crusader
    Osprey - Combat Aircraft 007 - F-8 Crusader Units of the Vietnam War
    Osprey - Combat Aircraft 012 - RF-8 Crusader Units Over Cuba And Vietnam

If we can't get any good reference pictures, we will have to do a "best effort" rendition.
    Current System Specs :

Probably will be a tough find on any Shoehorn ECM panels. This is the only one I found for AN/ALQ-41.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alq41.jpeg 
Views:	1081 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	80500
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Probably will be a tough find on any Shoehorn ECM panels. This is the only one I found for AN/ALQ-41.

That's the one for the Phantom.

The one in the Crusader looks like this (best photo I could find):

The second part of this was the threat indicator panel that was mounted on top of the instrument panel glare shield, just right of the gun sight:
    (best picture I can find)

Current System Specs :

Btw. Any news about this tackpacked version?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw. Any news about this tackpacked version?
    Sylvain is still tweaking some details on it, but it is looking VERY good.
    Current System Specs :

Btw. Its in P3Dv5 but I think this topic is more popular. I noticed a bug with model (P3Dv4+), if you fly low, near water (the best option to see it)

the model is accompanied by some external effects (looks like a smoke?) just above the ground. Is it any fix for this? 1.2v.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Btw. Its in P3Dv5 but I think this topic is more popular. I noticed a bug with model (P3Dv4+), if you fly low, near water (the best option to see it)

the model is accompanied by some external effects (looks like a smoke?) just above the ground. Is it any fix for this? 1.2v.
    Can you list everything in the [effects] section of the aircraft.cfg? Looking for some kind of water_spray effect or maybe snow_spray.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Can you list everything in the [effects] section of the aircraft.cfg? Looking for some kind of water_spray effect or maybe snow_spray.
    I have noticed this as well. (I see puffs and also toward the horizon it looks like a brush fire is happening.) I have noticed it is linked to the smoke effect. (Which seems to work backward. More smoke as I close the throttle and none above about 50-60% throttle. It also goes away under about 25% or so.)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I have noticed this as well. (I see puffs and also toward the horizon it looks like a brush fire is happening.) I have noticed it is linked to the smoke effect. (Which seems to work backward. More smoke as I close the throttle and none above about 50-60% throttle. It also goes away under about 25% or so.)
    My impressions are the same. Its not present always and it depends from the speed or the throttle.

Hi
    It seems this issue is fixed in the future update of the RFN F-8.
    Regards
    Michel

Hi!
    We've just released the Version 1.3 of our Crusader which brings you wing pylon's armament, Tacpack compatibility and some specific Electronic warefare panels.
    We took also this occasion to fix some bugs (like smoke issue un P3D) and improve some cockpit stuff.
    I hope you will enjoy this version !
    Regards,
    Sylvain

PS: the link :
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Avions.htm

My favourite by far fighter jet just got better. Thanks so much Sylvain for your and the RFN team's very fine work!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Definitely!

Dave

She's armed to the teeth and out for blood. I love it! Many thanks for this latest update!

Name:	f8 2.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	83105

Name:	f8 1.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	83106

Hi!
    We've just released the Version 1.3 of our Crusader which brings you wing pylon's armament, Tacpack compatibility and some specific Electronic warefare panels.
    We took also this occasion to fix some bugs (like smoke issue un P3D) and improve some cockpit stuff.
    I hope you will enjoy this version !
    Regards,
    Sylvain

PS: the link :
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/RFN-Avions.htm
    Thank you Sylvain, much appreciated
    The more you do, the less you dream

Outstanding as always. Thank you Sylvain and RFN.

Thank you Sylvain and RFND for this upgrade to your already awesome model of one of the most iconic jet fighters ever.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Many many thanks Sylvain and all involved😃! First out of the hangar when I get back to my desk!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Which model includes the wing pylons and weapons,or do they require Tacpack to load the pylons?

Regards Paul Day.

Hi!
    We've just released the Version 1.3.....

Thanks for your team's on-going support for the FSX crowd. Very much appreciated!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Which model includes the wing pylons and weapons,or do they require Tacpack to load the pylons?

Regards Paul Day.
    Hi,
    Both USN F-8E and F-8J models have wing pylons and weapons.
    Tacpack is required only if you want to fire or drop weapons with simulated impacts/effects.
    Without Tacpack you can pick up a wing configuration among the 9 configurations provided by the gauge (shift+1).
    Regards
    S.

Members who have read this thread: 3