RFN F-8 Crusader is out!! - Page 24
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1416171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Which model includes the wing pylons and weapons,or do they require Tacpack to load the pylons?

Regards Paul Day.

I don't have Tacpack.

Go to the pull down menu at the top of the screen:

Views
    Instrument Panel
    Configurations (the payload configurator has tabs on the left side of the menu to select between the fuselage and wings)

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Tommy
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, sometimes it seems I can't see what is staring me straight in the face.

Regards Paul Day.

Tommy, that is a great screen shot of the jet configured for air-to-ground work.

First I have to say this is an awesome addon and it is great to have something that is properly tacpack'd! A huge thank you to the developer! I noticed what appears to be a glitch on the Tacpack loader... On the wings stores when I select 4 zuni pods LAU 10 it loads properly but when I switch over to other payloads such as 8 MK82s the Zuni pods are still present on top of the mk 82s. Also for example if I load sidewinders but then try to switch to a Zuni or empty pylon the sidewinders are still present... Has anyone else noticed these issues?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-8 wpns1.JPG   F-8 wpns2.JPG  

Do the pods go away if you select "Clean Wings" and then re-select the MK-82's?

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot1980 View Post
    First I have to say this is an awesome addon and it is great to have something that is properly tacpack'd! A huge thank you to the developer! I noticed what appears to be a glitch on the Tacpack loader... On the wings stores when I select 4 zuni pods LAU 10 it loads properly but when I switch over to other payloads such as 8 MK82s the Zuni pods are still present on top of the mk 82s. Also for example if I load sidewinders but then try to switch to a Zuni or empty pylon the sidewinders are still present... Has anyone else noticed these issues?
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot1980 View Post
    Hi,
    I note that you use an extra livery, please check that your Aircraft.cfg file is the one coming from the v1.3 enriched with your extra livery inputs and not the old v1.2 aricraft.cfg file.
    I did a lot of changes into the aircraft.cfg, in many parts especially the "Weight and Balance" entries in order to manage weapon configurations.
    Your issue looks like a mess into the Station load list...
    Regards,
    S.

Hello! Another thing to do if you add some paint of the previous version is to copy from one texture folder of the new v1.3 to the added texture folder all the vc/interior textures in order to have the armament panel not messed-up. Of course they must be copied from the right paint coincident with the correct model.

The only little bug is that all the safety armament flags appear not texturized (grey instead of red with the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT)

GREAT MODEL
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Do the pods go away if you select "Clean Wings" and then re-select the MK-82's?
    Yes it does work properly if I go clean and then go back to the selection of MK-82s; or same thing with the sidewinders if I select 4 guns to make the sidewinders disappear then select zunis it works... It seems to occur only when going load out to load out...

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    I note that you use an extra livery, please check that your Aircraft.cfg file is the one coming from the v1.3 enriched with your extra livery inputs and not the old v1.2 aricraft.cfg file.
    I did a lot of changes into the aircraft.cfg, in many parts especially the "Weight and Balance" entries in order to manage weapon configurations.
    Your issue looks like a mess into the Station load list...
    Regards,
    S.
    Yes I did a bit of a "clean install" in that the previous version was in my main P3d simobjects\airplanes directory; where this time I did the add-ons folder install and used the addon.xml. When copying the liveries all I did was copy over the texture folders into the add-ons folder install and the [fltsim.x] entries into the new aircraft.cfg. Then deleted the older version in its entirety... I did that very intentionally guessing that the aircraft.cfg and stores had probably been significantly edited with the enabling of tacpack...
    Last edited by jetpilot1980; June 11th, 2021 at 04:42.

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello! Another thing to do if you add some paint of the previous version is to copy from one texture folder of the new v1.3 to the added texture folder all the vc/interior textures in order to have the armament panel not messed-up. Of course they must be copied from the right paint coincident with the correct model.

The only little bug is that all the safety armament flags appear not texturized (grey instead of red with the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT)

GREAT MODEL

???? isn't that what the texture.cfg file is for... and within the texture.cfg the fallback is the same...

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    GREAT MODEL
    Not a bug at all. Just the result of advanced details in the latest version and using repaints made for the previous versions.

As far as gray safety flags, that is because their color and some other new details in v1.3 are on the "Details02_T.dds" file.
    If you edited the previous one, like I did for my repaints, you will get gray flags until do something about it.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Tommy, that is a great screen shot of the jet configured for air-to-ground work.
    Thanks!

Now, I need to get up to speed on what aircraft carriers are available for FSX.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Hi guys!
    We've just uploaded a V1.4 of our Crusader.
    In this last package, we added a C version, removed the BLC and double leading edge for the C version, and reworked the US Navy cockpits (replacing French VHF panel).

I hope it will provide a nice overview of the Crusader fighter versions!
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Thanks Sylvain!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi guys!
    We've just uploaded a V1.4 of our Crusader.
    In this last package, we added a C version, removed the BLC and double leading edge for the C version, and reworked the US Navy cockpits (replacing French VHF panel).

I hope it will provide a nice overview of the Crusader fighter versions!
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    A big thank you !!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Outstanding as always! Thank you!

Sorry if this has been asked already, any hope of bringing this bird to MSFS 2020 ?.

Sylvain,

Thanks so much!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Hi,
    It is complex to develop for multiple platforms in parallel, and I know that some developpers moved definitely to MSFS2020.
    At the RFN, and as far as naval operations will not be covered by MSFS2020 we will not address MSFS2020 for our projects...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already, any hope of bringing this bird to MSFS 2020 ?.

Thanks Sylvain awesome work as usual.

Hello and thanks for a good payware level addon.

Configuration manager does not work here. I have Tacpack.

For some reason the first download did not have F-8 Crusader dll´s in panel files. I downloaded the plane again, added these and configurator is working.

I can't wait to install this...hopefully this weekend. Thank you very much Sylvain.

-Merci Sylvain!

Alain
    -

Members who have read this thread: 4