RFN F-8 Crusader is out!! - Page 22
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8 Crusader is out!!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Maybe so, but that won't stop some folks from using it anyway. As you can see, they still do here......
    Yep, and all of you are well over 60!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    You are what I was.... I am what you will be.....

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    You are what I was.... I am what you will be.....
    Nice one!! Really!

priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Nice one!! Really!

priller
    It is from LATIN
    Eram quod es, eris quod sum is a Latin phrase that is often found on gravestones and translates as "I was what you are, you will be what I am

Well guys, FSX will very soon be relegated to the basement with the other legacy sims like FS9, CFS1/2/3.

There is still a lot of potential in P3D (the 64 bit versions), but FSX is dead. It's just not known yet by the user base. That is not an opinion, it's a simple fact. 32 bit is dead.

Priller
    I think you are not too far off on this point. Also, I don't think any "military capability" will be available with the new MSFS anytime soon.

I test (using the same computer) in both FSX and P3Dv4.5.....and FSX struggles, especially since I have removed all of the static aircraft an the air bases I like to fly from and replaced them with AI.
    FSX simply can't handle it but P3D runs it all like a champ.

You can't see all the other aircraft that are on the taxiways or waiting to take off at Da Nang AB, but it makes a very realistic environment.

With the advent of FSCAI, being able to handle AI becomes even more crucial for the simulator.

REF Crusader flying with FSX native MAIW F-8E wingmen controlled by FSCAI....that will perform Air to Air and Air to Ground actions on command or independently.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails peZ7L6J.jpg  
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Just an observation here but I think FSX will soldier on much as FS9 has.

Simple reason: there are a large number of enthusiasts who have neither the resources to fund suitable equipment or commercial add-ons.
    Many are using older generation systems that are not capable of handling P3Dv5 let alone MSFS.
    Many are financially handicapped which limits their aircraft choices to freeware.
    Sadly this is the way of the World for many, they probably would love a decent i5-i7-i9 system and a 1080-2080 GPU allied to decent bandwidth, but paying their RL bills is their priority.

Like I said, just an observation.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Priller
    Well, not ALL of us anyway! I still have a few years to reach the big 6-0! (That said I do plan to get a new rig, skip over P3D and dive into MSFS 2020 as it sounds like most of my nicer add ons will be able to migrate. Still plan on keeping FSX on this machine for flying the older stuff though.)

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Just an observation here but I think FSX will soldier on much as FS9 has.

Simple reason: there are a large number of enthusiasts who have neither the resources to fund suitable equipment or commercial add-ons.
    Many are using older generation systems that are not capable of handling P3Dv5 let alone MSFS.
    Many are financially handicapped which limits their aircraft choices to freeware.
    Sadly this is the way of the World for many, they probably would love a decent i5-i7-i9 system and a 1080-2080 GPU allied to decent bandwidth, but paying their RL bills is their priority.

Like I said, just an observation.

All true.

Add to that why should a freeware developer be expected to make stuff for a sim he doesn't use?

She looks great Sylvain. Looking forward to release.

Well guys, FSX will very soon be relegated to the basement with the other legacy sims like FS9, CFS1/2/3.

There is still a lot of potential in P3D (the 64 bit versions), but FSX is dead. It's just not known yet by the user base. That is not an opinion, it's a simple fact. 32 bit is dead.

Priller
    You shouldn't have written this here! Because this is the FSX forum and not dead!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I think you are not too far off on this point. Also, I don't think any "military capability" will be available with the new MSFS anytime soon.

I test (using the same computer) in both FSX and P3Dv4.5.....and FSX struggles, especially since I have removed all of the static aircraft an the air bases I like to fly from and replaced them with AI.
    FSX simply can't handle it but P3D runs it all like a champ.

You can't see all the other aircraft that are on the taxiways or waiting to take off at Da Nang AB, but it makes a very realistic environment.

With the advent of FSCAI, being able to handle AI becomes even more crucial for the simulator.

REF Crusader flying with FSX native MAIW F-8E wingmen controlled by FSCAI....that will perform Air to Air and Air to Ground actions on command or independently.

This base is available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

This base is available?
    I believe that he is using the FSX@War SEA scenery. https://www.mediafire.com/file/98gcy...1.2.9.zip/file

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I believe that he is using the FSX@War SEA scenery. https://www.mediafire.com/file/98gcy...1.2.9.zip/file

That is brilliant!! Any plans to bring it to MSFS??

Cheers,

Priller

Hi,
    As far as military jets will not be covered by MSFS, I'll keep stick on FSX/P3D.
    When I say "military" I mean "carrier navy" because without navops features my models (aircraft and ships) are without any interest to me!
    And to be honest, I really like P3D rendering and I'm sure that the Crusader with a PBR VC(*) should look OK even compared to MSFS's average planes!
    regards,
    Sylvain

(*) I'm thinking about turning Crusader model to a P3D V4+ standard (including PBR) but it will happen only after having finished this current phase...Don't ask me what I'm including into this "phase" I even don't know myself...

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    As far as military jets will not be covered by MSFS, I'll keep stick on FSX/P3D.
    I fully agree !
    The more you do, the less you dream

Priller
    I actually find posts like this very offensive - keep your personal opinions to yourself instead of trying to railroad other users !

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    I actually find posts like this very offensive - keep your personal opinions to yourself instead of trying to railroad other users !

rohan, if you find a post offensive please report it. Don't tell people what they should do!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I actually find posts like this very offensive -
    I share this point of view. What are you doing in this forum if you think we and this sim are obsolete?

Cees

BTW, Rohan, you can put this person on an ignore-list. I did.

1. Looking forward to the TacPack Crusader.

2. FSX is not dead, not by a long shot.

3. I'm over 60 so I should know these things.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    I fully agree !

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I share this point of view. What are you doing in this forum if you think we and this sim are obsolete?

Cees

BTW, Rohan, you can put this person on an ignore-list. I did.

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

FSX is not dead yet, it's being kept alive by the people on SOH, which means that it is, like FS9/CFS1/2/3, on life support.

Seriously now: when I said it is dead, I meant that there is no support from the firm that released it. It's like any version of Windows. Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP/7/Vista/8.x are dead. Live with it.

Oh, and Cees, I never said that you people are obsolete. Don't put words in people's mouths and don't take things so personally.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

FSX is not dead yet, it's being kept alive by the people on SOH, which means that it is, like FS9/CFS1/2/3, on life support.

Seriously now: when I said it is dead, I meant that there is no support from the firm that released it. It's like any version of Windows. Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP/7/Vista/8.x are dead. Live with it.

Priller
    To be honest, I really don't care for the tone of this discussion.

I came to this thread to read about the latest developments of the RFN Crusader, not to debate about what is dead or alive. As you said, Live with it.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Just to get us back on topic...

Hoping there is provision to carry bombs for folks without TacPack. Similar to the Zuni rocket pods.

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    I known that the spot lights are not on FSX or even P3D these last weeks, but I wanted to share this screenshot of the on-going work...
    Regards,
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

Hoping there is provision to carry bombs for folks without TacPack. Similar to the Zuni rocket pods.

Give this man a !!
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

+1. Absolutely agree.

Members who have read this thread: 3