Campaign Error.

Thread: Campaign Error.

Campaign Error.

If I install the base game and no patches on my Windows 10 computer, everything is fine. When I install 3.1 and or 3.1a I start a "New" campaign with error "No British HQs/squadrons can be properly placed with spacing 2 given the current squadron data and front-line shape." I also tried all the patches with "Firepower" expansion patches still a no go. Anything added after the base game I cannot start a new campaign.
    Last edited by czinger; February 27th, 2020 at 15:06. Reason: paragraphs bugged?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by czinger View Post
    If I install the base game and no patches on my Windows 10 computer, everything is fine. When I install 3.1 and or 3.1a I start a "New" campaign with error "No British HQs/squadrons can be properly placed with spacing 2 given the current squadron data and front-line shape." I also tried all the patches with "Firepower" expansion patches still a no go. Anything added after the base game I cannot start a new campaign.
    Hi Czinger,
    This is an annoying issue related to the campaign.xml file. I've never seen it in the stock campaign.xml file. Have you modified the campaigns/campaign.xml file? (not the one in the root of the install).

Sometimes if you close out of CFS3 and re-open it, the problem goes away.
    For example, in the MAW expansion for CFS3, it is a known issue when trying one of their campaigns, they say just to close, re-open and try again.

Another option would be to use a modified campaign.xml file.

HTH,

Icon17

Thanks for the reply. No editing at all. I tried with all the varations i could, patch and expansion wise. So i was thinking since only the base game with no patches it only works. I'm going to copy the "campaign" file and then install the patches and "Firepower", and apply the old file.Edit: Didn't work.

Icon18

Well only work around is to start a campaign stock game, then install the patches and "Firepower" and use the old one file. That error seems to start after the 3.1 patch is installed, it seems.

SOH-CM-2020
    If you want me to send you a working campaign.xml file, just PM me your email address. You really need to patch your install to 3.1 and 3.1a level. These allow you to have four-engined aircraft.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi I've just made a long detailed reply but *** Microsnot update to Win10 v 1909 routinely drops my wireless connection, so I've lost the entire entry .

To summarise, you need to make the campaign <techtree> start dates consistent with the entered service dates in the aircraft xdp files. The campaign techtree is in error for at least the following: Ju88a4, ju88c6, fw190a5. I would tend to change the techtree dates rather than the xdp dates.

In addition stock cfs3 aircraft have a number of errors in the xdp files. If you have my modified stock upgrade these will have been fixed. - eg twice the fw190a5 pylon typo where 109a5 is used should be 190a5 in the loadouts section of the xdp file. Modelname entry for Ju88c6 is WRONG in the xdp file. Correct it. modelname entry for the p51d xdp is also wrong. On both occassions, a hyphen is used when an underscore is needed.

Once those changes have been made you need to check that there are a fighter and a bomber continuously available for each participating campaign nation, for the duration of the campaign.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by czinger View Post
    EDIT: I have found the solution. Run the 3.1 patch and the 3.1a fix using combatiblity in Windows XP Service Pack 2, then still run as administrator. Can start the campaign without problems
    Last edited by ElsnerMarkus; April 28th, 2022 at 03:39.

Members who have read this thread: 1