CFS2 Perma-stickied help / problem / tweaking thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: CFS2 Perma-stickied help / problem / tweaking thread

Guys, I have a question, probably a rather stupid one, but anyway..
    I bought a new widescreen monitor for my computer. Now, when I run CFS2, and of course also FS9, I get this distorted picture, as the proportions of the new screen are different from the old one.
    I didn't find anything in the settings menu of either sim to change the screen proportions.
    Is there anything I can change in the settings of the computer itself to get the old picture back? Or maybe in the config files of the sims?
    Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

I had the same problem around two years ago, I have a display 3440x1440 but cfs2 can't use the full size without trouble, I suggest making a backup of your "cfs2.CFG" file than hand-edit the cfs2.cfg, after doing that, never ever open the quality settings in cfs2 because cfs2 falls back to "16bit"

open the cfs2.CFG with editor, than serch for Display

my settings are

CFS2.CFG

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Mode=1920x1200x32
    Dither=0
    AntiAlias=1

For FSDS2 User: If you have a new big display (>1920x1080) , you will find out that you always get a DirectX error if you use the full screen.
    When working with FSDS2, I set the "Windows" display settings to 2560x1440 and everything works fine.

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Wolfi,
    Thanks for your suggeston,I tried it but the picture sill looks he same.
    However, I now tierd running the sim in windowed mode, and this works okay.

Thanks for the info Ali Cat.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

When it comes to display settings, here is what I use:

to get hardware texture lighting, and other options to work, I found that I have to had edit them in.

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    Dither=0
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1

CFS2 supports resolutions up to 2048 x 1536.

Other display settings to try in the cfg. file:
    Dither=0
    Filter=1
    TriLinear=1
    MipMap=1
    AntiAlias=1
    HWTnL=1

Modifying a dp file

Before all happy new year!

I am slowly daring to use DPed to play around some dp's for some planes, like changing gun sounds or allegiance but when I do that if the plane has some payloads (bombs, rockets) they don't appear on their racks anymore (bombs drop from the inside of the plane and rockets fire through the propeller). I don't change anything else in the dp so I don't understand why it messes things up. Am I doing something wrong while editing the dp?

Sorry if it's a dumb or already answered topic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Before all happy new year!

I am slowly daring to use DPed to play around some dp's for some planes, like changing gun sounds or allegiance but when I do that if the plane has some payloads (bombs, rockets) they don't appear on their racks anymore (bombs drop from the inside of the plane and rockets fire through the propeller). I don't change anything else in the dp so I don't understand why it messes things up. Am I doing something wrong while editing the dp?

Sorry if it's a dumb or already answered topic.
    Sounds to me like you and DPed aren’t understanding each other much. The changes your making doesn’t require a sophisticated software package just notepad and it’s faster. You just need a little basic knowledge on reading the dp files. You really only need Dpend if your tackling bigger projects but from what I’m seeing it’s better for you to start from the beginning and making simple edits with notepad. One step at a time easy does it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    I had the same problem around two years ago, I have a display 3440x1440 but cfs2 can't use the full size without trouble, I suggest making a backup of your "cfs2.CFG" file than hand-edit the cfs2.cfg, after doing that, never ever open the quality settings in cfs2 because cfs2 falls back to "16bit"

open the cfs2.CFG with editor, than serch for Display

my settings are

CFS2.CFG

[DISPLAY]
    Device=NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Mode=1920x1200x32
    Dither=0
    AntiAlias=1

For FSDS2 User: If you have a new big display (>1920x1080) , you will find out that you always get a DirectX error if you use the full screen.
    When working with FSDS2, I set the "Windows" display settings to 2560x1440 and everything works fine.

wolfi
    Once you edit the cog it’s best to make a copy. You can set it to read only to keep changes from happening but if you do that your gonna be starting out in the same airplane and runway you last used before editing the cuff file. You can switch aircraft and runways but when you do it works great but when you exit free flight it goes back to the old airplane and runway not what u last used.

I think this http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=26113 will have more info on editing DP files.

Thanks for the replies and for this guide, I will take a look at it

I must admit it's kind of intimidating, all those numbers doing differents things and being worried about messing everything up, but yeah, trying things here and there from time to time, to see how it goes. But maybe I should better let this to the pros who know their stuff

I´ve been running CFS2 in Windowed Mode ever since I bought the new widescreen monitor, and it works nicely.

However, today I ran into a new problem:
    I was playing around with the TR B-25, and found that the bombsight doesn´t work anymore. That is, when I select it I only get a black background, with the switches and autopilot controls showing normally.
    I found that this happens only in Windowed Mode, when using Full Screen I get the view of the scenery through the bombsight.
    The plane uses the Mosquito Bombsight, which was included in the download package.

Question: Does anyone know of a method to make this bombsight work in Windowed Mode? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Skylane,
    Had this problem a few years back. I don't think there is any fix for it.

Regards,
    B24Guy

The bomb sight thing has been like that since XP.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I already thought that there is no solution for this.

Members who have read this thread: 15