Flight 19 - Greece (Not the Musical)

Thread: Flight 19 - Greece (Not the Musical)

Flight 19 - Greece (Not the Musical)

Off and running in a surprising rainstorm...

Into Kythira Island. Rain seems to be following us.

I've been sitting around the airport at Kythira (LGKC) for most of the week, waiting for the rest of the crew - I wonder what Greek jails are like?

Yesterday a rather scruffy grey-haired fellow wandered by and asked where I was headed. I thought he might be looking for a ride (revenue?) and told him the plan was to head up to Preveza (LGPZ) in the next few days if my friends showed up. He responded that he was headed there, but did I have any sailing experience? Odd question but I replied "yes". Then he asked if I'd like to help him sail his boat up there, and he offered to pay my airfare back to get my plane.
    As soon as he showed me a picture of his "boat" I immediately said "YES!" After all what sailor wouldn't jump at a chance to sail a tall ship?

Hopefully, with fair winds we'll be in Preveza in time for me to grab a flight back to Kythira for Thursday...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 Greece Bounty 1.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

20 hours of sailing (and sleep), 20 minutes in a Greek Uber, 1+30 in a aerial tanker and we're back at Kithira, still waiting for the transport to bring the guys back from jail...
    I didn't expect the Greek Air Force shuttle, but I guess Captain Clive has contacts...

A nice view of the Aktion airport from Bounty's crowsnest; at anchor just off the airport; turning final again at Kithira in the CL-415T; parked, unloading and wanting a spa after a long day...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 Greece Bounty 2.jpg   19 Greece Bounty 3.jpg   19 Greece 4.jpg   19 Greece 5.jpg  

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    20 hours of sailing (and sleep), 20 minutes in a Greek Uber, 1+30 in a aerial tanker and we're back at Kithira, still waiting for the transport to bring the guys back from jail...
    I didn't expect the Greek Air Force shuttle, but I guess Captain Clive has contacts...

A nice view of the Aktion airport from Bounty's crowsnest; at anchor just off the airport; turning final again at Kithira in the CL-415T; parked, unloading and wanting a spa after a long day...
    OT: Rob, have you tried the Multiplayer version of HMS Victory yet? All of that ship's functions work correctly for both your and the other players' ships being functional and properly displayed.
    Also, the AI version's sails are properly displayed and oriented with the winds, and stowed when anchored.

I cannot try it here as my MP function refuses to work through my router and firewall as I cannot find the magic combination to get it working.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Not yet Milton, but if I can steal some time this weekend I'll fire up the laptop and run the two machines back-to-back. Not sure I can race one against the other as I might be biased

On the way to Skiathos Island with Rob somewhere in the clouds.

Nice surprise to find my scenery updated ( an OrbX goodie?) at Skiathos. The St. Maarten-style viewing beach is to the top left.
    Thanks to good wifi was able to watch the video while on the ramp... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqhYArauo3Q

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19- Skiathos  LGSK.jpg  

The Grecian Odyssey is almost complete. Rolled into Keffallinia (LGKF) and found a couple of good parking spots.
    Wandered over to look at the Flybe SAAB - wondering if it will be stranded here if they go broke in the next days as rumoured..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 Greece LGKF.jpg  

...and with an ILS approach to Ohrid (LWOH), Macedonia and a landing in 100 & 1/2, we end the Grecian odessey.

Where to next?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 Greece -the END.jpg   Grecian map.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0