Manfred's C-47 with PBR - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manfred's C-47 with PBR

I'm looking for some feedback here, I'm working on PBR textures for camouflaged aircraft.
    Here's a few shots of one of my first attempts, what do you think? Too much? Too little? Too large? Any comments? and yes, those wingroots were my mistake..

oh, and what did you think of the earlier ones?
    jk2873

jk2874

jk2876

jk2877

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Look´s good as usual , not to much

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Jan-

Is this UPDATED PBR Alaska Airlines file available for DL anywhere? Hope you are staying safe during these troubling times!

Ta- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan-

Is this UPDATED PBR Alaska Airlines file available for DL anywhere? Hope you are staying safe during these troubling times!

Ta- C
    sure, here in the library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=229&id=26142

Manfred's C47 PBR

HelloI have the above freeware on my system but note your download link for Alaska Airlines paint scheme makes ref to placing file in PBR folder, I dont have this folder in my sim abjects /airplanes, would you advise how I can get your paint scheme on my system, perhaps I have to purchase it?.I am pretty new to SOH and the Flt Sim passtime so am not very knowledgable on these matters.Any help much appreciatedKind RegardsCharlie
    Best Regards
    Charlie

PBR version of Manfreds Dakota is in User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Addon (addon folder if You have P3D v4 or v5).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Jan-

Thank-you, I installed and am happily flighting her out of Homer this evening.

When she was first released many moons ago, I remember something about editing a specific file so that the nose as seen through the VC, would be the same color as the external model. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for this please? I want to re-familiarize myself with the old girl in preparation for the AH SP dropping.

Also, do you (or Manfred, Ted, Gordo, Nick, Yoyo) know of any further development pending? There are a few small items (one of which is the inop Anti Collision, another is reducing the size of the wingtip lighting) I would love to see rectified. I still cannot believe how much I enjoy this old girl, and remain obliged to the entire team.

Best- C
    Last edited by cavaricooper; April 16th, 2020 at 16:50.

Does the awesome C-47 works with no issues in P3D5? Did anyone tried the installation in latest P3d?

Thanks
    Ega

When she was first released many moons ago, I remember something about editing a specific file so that the nose as seen through the VC, would be the same color as the external model. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for this please? I want to re-familiarize myself with the old girl in preparation for the AH SP dropping.
    Also, do you (or Manfred, Ted, Gordo, Nick, Yoyo) know of any further development pending? There are a few small items (one of which is the inop Anti Collision, another is reducing the size of the wingtip lighting) I would love to see rectified. I still cannot believe how much I enjoy this old girl, and remain obliged to the entire team.
    Hi there (and happy flighting).

That nose texture file is called noseout.dds and it's located in the local texture\ folder.

[Edited]No anti-collision/beacon light on this model. Perhaps add via aircraft.cfg?

Reducing the size of the wingtip nav lights: they look perfectly normal on my setup, but if they don't on yours, either a) edit textures lights.dds and lights_spec.dds by toning them down or b) make them fully black and set the usual nav lights via the aircraft.cfg.

I have heard that the PBR version crashes in v5, probably due to a materials conflict. This Dak has a mix of PBR and FSX materials, which works fine in 4.5 but apparently not in v5.

No further development is planned at my end. Model is getting long in the tooth.
    Last edited by mjahn; April 17th, 2020 at 02:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ega View Post
    Does the awesome C-47 works with no issues in P3D5? Did anyone tried the installation in latest P3d?
    Ega
    I am getting reports that the PBR Dak doesn't fly in v5, and sometimes even crashes it. The older FSX version seems to be OK. That's logic for you.

Edit, another report says if you rename file panel\windshield.dll it might work....

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Hi there (and happy flighting).

That nose texture file is called noseout.dds and it's located in the local texture\ folder.

Reducing the size of the wingtip nav lights: they look perfectly normal on my setup, but if they don't on yours, either a) edit textures lights.dds and lights_spec.dds by toning them down or b) make them fully black and set the usual nav lights via the aircraft.cfg.

No further development is planned at my end. Model is getting long in the tooth.
    Manfred- before anything else, thank-you! Your creations (not just this one) have given so many, so much. In this case it has spawned unbelievable greatness!

So, to get the black nose, do I just fill the noseout.dds with black? I do have the nVidia plugin for PS6...

Not quite sure how to edit the lights but will research some more.

If there are others reading this with solutions (DLs in the SOH Library or elsewhere) to these problems, please chime in.

Ta- C

Hi Mandfred,

I am getting reports that the PBR Dak doesn't fly in v5, and sometimes even crashes it. The older FSX version seems to be OK. That's logic for you.
    Edit, another report says if you rename file panel\windshield.dll it might work....
    A2A says there "rain" mod does not work with P3V5, could this also be for your PBR version?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick - A2A
    Important note! To avoid a CTD when loading a P3Dv4 Accu-Sim aircraft in P3Dv5, you must disable the "Windshield.dll" in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder. You can do this by simply renaming or removing the dll in question.
    Regards,

Marcel

Thanks Marcel. Could well be that windshield.dll is the culprit. Hope so...

Manfred- before anything else, thank-you! Your creations (not just this one) have given so many, so much. In this case it has spawned unbelievable greatness!

So, to get the black nose, do I just fill the noseout.dds with black? I do have the nVidia plugin for PS6...

Not quite sure how to edit the lights but will research some more.

If there are others reading this with solutions (DLs in the SOH Library or elsewhere) to these problems, please chime in.

Ta- C
    Yes, if you have PS and it loads and saves dds files then it's fairly easy. For noseout.dds just use the color that's needed and save as dxt1 dds. If you need different noseouts for individual liveries then copy the individual noseouts to the individual livery folder.

For reducing the nav lights open the two files in PS, find the alpha channel, and fill the white areas for the green and red blobs with shades of gray, down to full black if you want to blank them out completely.

Let me know if you need the cfg lights entry for navs and beacon(s) (depending on where you want the beacon to be).

my mistake it would seem. But if you take the noseout file from any of my other paints where it is black (for instance the original Alaska paint), and copy that in the alaskan pbr folder you should be right

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    my mistake it would seem. But if you take the noseout file from any of my other paints where it is black (for instance the original Alaska paint), and copy that in the alaskan pbr folder you should be right
    Jan- NEVER! We are privileged to fly your work. I will get the other file and copy it over- nothing problematic whatsoever!

In fact it was a 30 second fix-

With eternal gratitude- C

Need Beacon Light

Hi Manfred,

Yes...I would like the .cfg entries (and whatever else is needed) to get a Beacon Light on top of the Vertical Stabilizer.

Thanks
    Garry

Garry, check the aircraft.cfg, section [lights], there should be a line there saying:

//light.0 = 1, -57.65, 0.00, 13.6, fx_beacon , //un-comment for c47_2 model

Delete the first two slashes and you will get your beacon on top of the fin.

V5 Update

Seems the PBR model will no longer crsah in V5 if you rename/remove windshield.dll from the local panel folder.

However, it also looks like the _metallic texture sheets need to be changed for better appearance. Standby on this.

Garry, check the aircraft.cfg, section [lights], there should be a line there saying:

//light.0 = 1, -57.65, 0.00, 13.6, fx_beacon , //un-comment for c47_2 model

Delete the first two slashes and you will get your beacon on top of the fin.
    Thanks Manfred,

Okay...did that but all I get is the flashing...no structure for the light (see attached screen shots).

Garry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Non-PBR Beacon Light.pdf   PBR Beacon Light.pdf  

Yeah that's correct; we only have (I only made) this one PBR model. No plans to do any of the variants. Sorry about that.

Cheers,
    Manfred

" Model is getting long in the tooth"

Manfred,

Would really hate to see this model fade away 😢but understand you all have put umpteen tons of work into it. Could it be turned over to one of the "good" payware developers (hope I'm not speaking heresy here) to upgrade and keep her alive and growing? I would be more than happy to pay for an updated version. At this point I really don't see that the AH version has anything more to offer except some "whistles and bells"...don't know how they could improve on the flight dynamics from this bird and I really like the 2D screens in this model.

Personally I would like to see:
    • Dedicated DC-3 passenger version including Airstair & baggage doors, interior, etc.
    • Ernie and Nancy with additional chatting lines (agree this is one area that is getting "long in the tooth". Additional voices so more than just Ernie and Nancy...I did Jack the Mechanic for the Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5 for free, have the recording equipment and would be willing to do the same for this.
    • Sperry Autopilot finished
    • "Hamburger" door functional

Anyway...just my input.

Garry

upgrade and keep her alive and growing
    Or how about releasing the source files and turning her into a community project?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0