Manfred's C-47 with PBR
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manfred's C-47 with PBR

Manfred's C-47 with PBR

My first attempts at playing with PBR textures for Manfred's C-47

jk2648

jk2653

I noticed there's a slightly different texture layout, and that the KN660 textures are even larger than the original.
    Will there be a paintkit for the new and larger textures (or is there one already that I missed)?

with camouflage paints, the effect is more subtle, I am not completely happy with the results yet
    jk2663

jk2665

next question of course, which ones shall I update??
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

a comparison, with and without PBR:
    jk2683

jk2682

clearly, more tweaking is needed
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

but from some angles it looks nice:
    jk2692

jk2691

jk2684

jk2687

jk2688

great work, im looking forward to seeing more models converted. i started doing mine a few weeks back with mixed results with the high polished, I just have to tweak the non gloss, but got distracted somehow

Flight replicas DC4 and A2A Connie is high on the list

I've uploaded the Belgian paint, please try it. I'm curious to see if you like it?
    jk2658

no replies, that bad, hey?

I'll save me the trouble of updating my textures then
    jk2700

jk2710

jk2713

I think it's a matter of taste. Your textures looks very well, but also a little matt.
    You can get more glossy like in the non PBR version, when you a little lighten up
    the metal parts in the corresponding metallic-alpha textures.

shinier?
    jk2742

jk2744

Hey, I like them. First I've seen of them. Actually been waiting on some PBR repaints.

Thanks,
    LouP

Very well.
    Can you do a French Navy livery?
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    shinier?
    jk2742

jk2744
    Yepp, you could also try to brighten your metal parts of your base textures, that makes the metal finish more silver than grey.
    It is the combination of basetexture and metallic-alpha brightness and the metallic base texture for raughness of the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Yepp, you could also try to brighten your metal parts of your base textures, that makes the metal finish more silver than grey.
    It is the combination of basetexture and metallic-alpha brightness and the metallic base texture for raughness of the surface.
    I know, just experimenting while adapting my textures to the new layout and size (these are 4096 textures).
    Even more shine:
    jk2746
    jk2749
    jk2747

I like them very much, Jankees. Just haven't had time to load them into the sim, yet.

My backlog of uninstalled textures is verrrry large.

Will take any and all you post.

Looking forward to all the textures you update.

Thank You
    Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

That's perfect! Almost real!
    Best regards, Manfred.

still tweaking, while updating my textures, less shine, but lighter color this time

jk2763

jk2764

jk2767

That Finnish aircraft is very shiny in real life...
    jk2771

jk2776

jk2782

but it is too greasy somehow. I want a sharp reflection. An even lighter alpha for the metallic perhaps?
    work continues...

but it is too greasy somehow. I want a sharp reflection. An even lighter alpha for the metallic perhaps?
    My guess is that alpha (smoothness) channel has to be lighter i.e. smoother.

I have a couple of photos taken on the really rainy day at Duxford this year of the Finnish plane. Would they be of any help?

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I have a couple of photos taken on the really rainy day at Duxford this year of the Finnish plane. Would they be of any help?
    Thank you, but I have more than enough pics I think

Thank you, but I have more than enough pics I think
    I would have been surprised if you hadn't. However I have some photos from Duxford if at anytime you need them.

OK, I uploaded six paints, with variations in color and shinyness, I am looking forward to see if you like my attempts at controlling the PBR monster, so all feedback will be appreciated.
    jk2784

jk2796

jk2798

jk2803

jk2807

jk2818

This looks great to me.

My last try was,to build a new metallic alpha from an inverted specular alpha channel.
    I have also brighten a little bit the metallic rgb textures and the metall parts from the base textures.
    and here the results.

Hi Jankees, great job with the PBR paints. I've only installed a couple so far but both have the same error in the cfg. The texture name in the cfg doesn't match the texture folder name. Easy enough to fix but may catch the unwary.

When I now try to download the Douglas_C47_P3D_45.ZIP I get a HTTP Error 404

Is this file available for download now?
    Best Regards,
    Vaughan Martell KDTW

Members who have read this thread: 0