203 Angwin Parrett Field Freeware Install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 203 Angwin Parrett Field Freeware Install

203 Angwin Parrett Field Freeware Install

Hello,

Has anyone tried installing this freeware from Turbulent Design alongside Orbx scenery ?

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/p...ngwin-parrett/

I downloaded the scenery, extracted the install application, ran the installer (as Administrator), and 'nothing happened'.

No trace of scenery ...... nothing......

I have a lot of Orbx scenery (all installed via FTX Central) including Northern California full fat region, and this Field would fit in very well with that area. I would prefer to somehow do a manual install, if possible.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Just downloaded and did a manual installation:

Anguin by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I placed the installer on the desktop, made a folder with the Airport name. Then ran the installer once pointing it to that folder (it looks like it's installing but it's just verifying and unpacking). After that it asks you several questions and then states it will install. The second time around it automatically selected the same folder. If you already have SODE installed it will get to the end of the install and tell you that the installation ended prematurely. . .that's only because the SODE installation wasn't needed.

I then moved the two folders (scenery and Library) to a folder I have on the C Drive that houses every scenery I have. Added those two to the scenery library and loaded the Sim. I did fail to add the elevation bgl to the main FSX scenery/world/scenery folder but it doesn't seem to have caused much of a problem.

Current System Specs:

I had no installation problems when I installed that scenery a few months ago. It is very well done and definitely the best looking airport I have. I wish it had a bit of AI traffic. By the way, there is another airport in the download that is a little farm dirt strip in the valley around 203.

Another winner is Twentynine Palms KTMP, which has dust storms, soaring eagles, realistic vehicle traffic and excellent AI traffic. It is very affordable and very immersive.

I installed back when it was payware. No issues.

Just flew into it. If you can get it sorted its worth the time. Nice smallish GA airport.

It´s a very nice scenery !

I had no installation problems when I installed that scenery a few months ago. It is very well done and definitely the best looking airport I have. I wish it had a bit of AI traffic. By the way, there is another airport in the download that is a little farm dirt strip in the valley around 203.
    Ditto here. Think it was a strange install but it looks just like Ed's screenie. Fun to fly to the farm dirt strip. Will add some AI to give it some life. Great freeware scenery.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank-you, Ed, and everyone for the prompt replies.

Perhaps I wasn't patient enough after hitting the 'run as admin' key on the installer, and aborted things prematurely, lol !
    I like to install manually to a temp folder, then place myself into FSX, as that way I know what is where.
    I will give it another try in a few days when I find more time to play with this.

Sure is a beautiful little airstrip.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

This is what I see (although this is the original payware version). Felt I had to check as Ed's screenshot seemed a little...barren.

-A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 203 Angwin MINE.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    This is what I see (although this is the original payware version). Felt I had to check as Ed's screenshot seemed a little...barren.

-A.
    I agree. . .mine is barren where the autogen vegetation is concerned. The scenery folder contains a large number of "agn" files, however considering the massive amount of buildings placed all over the local airport area and the valley as well I assumed those agn files were for those buildings, but if they were placed in some other way then I'm not sure why the autogen vegetation isn't being displayed. Thanks for posting your pic.

Current System Specs:

If it's any help Ed, as a point of reference my texture folder contains 168 .agn files.

Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    If it's any help Ed, as a point of reference my texture folder contains 168 .agn files.

Gary.
    Just checked, same here. I'm going to see if I can load the Ground textures into the Annotator and see if the agn shows there.

Additional info: I loaded the Field Image into the Annotator and while I do have trees placed outside the field (those that show in my screenshot) there are none placed within the airport perimeter. Not certain why that is unless it has something to do with the freeware version. Good thing is I can check to see what vegetation they used and place my own to fill in the areas inside the airport.

Current System Specs:

Not sure if this is a clue but the scenery listing at the publisher's site states: "All vegetation within Angwin’s boundary use our new Real Flora technology". Does that need to be installed separately? It is a payware add-on.

Here are two videos from 'Scisimmer' which show some of the Angwin Parrett scenery. This man does beautiful video work.

https://youtu.be/hc3KBGf7mqg

https://youtu.be/_fNrhGjWgZY
    Cheers, MZee ...

Not sure if this is a clue but the scenery listing at the publisher's site states: "All vegetation within Angwin’s boundary use our new Real Flora technology". Does that need to be installed separately? It is a payware add-on.

Possibly, no problem though, I'll just use the Annotator to fill in where needed.

Current System Specs:

It seems 'Turbulent Terminal' needs to be installed first, in order to point the installers to where you want the scenery files placed.

"When installing the new Turbulent Terminal, make sure to install it to the same directory you wish to keep your sceneries. Once the Turbulent Terminal is installed, scenery and airport installers will automatically detect where you have installed the Turbulent Terminal and install to the same location."

More info here : https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/u...lent-terminal/
    Cheers, MZee ...

Tried several times to re-download from TD site, keep getting 'invalid key code' message from installer, so giving up on this one.
    Cheers, MZee ...

203 Angwin Parrett Field

I am a little late to the show here but just discovered this now freeware scenery and cannot download it from the site. I keep getting a secure connection failed.

Would like to see if it works in P3D. Any one out there have a better link to this scenery?

Thanks

I did find a freeware version (different then Turbulent Designs) and is not too bad.

Justflight still sells the Turbulent Designs version ($7) but if the TD site is down, how does one register it?

https://www.fs2000.org/2016/04/06/fs...unty-airports/

I have the payware version of 203 Anguin airport, and I don't show the enhanced version with all of the tall tress around the airport. I had the freeware version also and it came without the trees too. Is it possible the the trees are an Orbx artifact? Also Turbulent Design, I believe, has left the flight sim software business and sold most of its sim assets to Orbx, so Orbx may be the place to inquire.
    Last edited by downwind; April 28th, 2021 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    I have the payware version of 203 Anguin airport, and I don't show the enhanced version with all of the tall tress around the airport. I had the freeware version also and it came without the trees too. Is it possible the the trees are an Orbx artifact? Also Turbulent Design, I believe, has left the flight sim software business and sold most of its sim assets to Orbx, so Orbx may be the place to inquire.

From what I have read, this particular scenery will not be picked up by ORBX.

I did inquire at Orbx and this is the reply:

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/turbfs

Edit: Just flight and simarket still retail it, although Simarket sells it as JUST FLIGHT product, I wonder if Just flight supplies the reg key?
    If not, then that would be a waste of $$.

Wonderful little GA airport in a wonderful part of N California. Problem is I have lost all the static AI and probably other "extras." Have checked the right boxes e..g, static a/c and vehicles in the Turbulent configuarator but no success. Is it a SODE thing? I have that but not too sure what I do with it.

Appreciate any ideas!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The static objects reside in the library "<flight sim>\Turbulent\TRB_Libraries\Scenery" containing :

TRB_Lib_Aircraft_US.BGL
    TRB_Lib_AirportObjects.BGL
    TRB_Lib_Cars_US_01.BGL
    TRB_Lib_Clutter_Animated_01.BGL
    TRB_Lib_Clutter_Static.BGL
    TRB_Lib_Fencing_01.BGL
    TRB_Lib_GenBuildings_01.BGL
    TRB_Lib_GSE.BGL

Make sure that this library is active in your scenery.cfg with a priority lower than that of any other turbulent airports you may own (2O3, L35, etc).
    Now that the library is active, using the configurator (<flight sim>\Turbulent\Core\TurbulentConsole.exe) should work as all it does is rename the actual scenery .bgls as name.bgl or name.off
    Roman

Make sure that this library is active in your scenery.cfg with a priority lower than that of any other turbulent airports you may own (2O3, L35, etc).
    Absolutely brilliant - thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I am a little late to the show here but just discovered this now freeware scenery and cannot download it from the site. I keep getting a secure connection failed.

Would like to see if it works in P3D. Any one out there have a better link to this scenery?

Thanks
    I have the same problem!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0