Forrestal class carriers....

Thread: Forrestal class carriers....

Forrestal class carriers....

I am really looking forward to the release of the USS Forrestal class carriers that are included with purchase of the Heat Blur Simulations' Tomcat. They sure are tight-lipped about the release though.

All I have seen on the forums is that it is planned for release by the end of this year. It is a long time coming. I bought the Tomcat when it was first made available over a year ago, last month. Having done two deployments on the Indy and one on the Sara, I might actually spend more time with DCS! NC

Hello Chief,First let me say Happy belated Veteran's Day,And Thank You very much for your Service.
    Along with you and many others,I bought The Heatblur TomCat last yr.And after EA release in March,Heatblur have been Very Quiet about any future plans in DCS other than state...The F-14A,The A-6 AI and Carrier are all still planned.

My personnel opinion is we won't see The Heatblur Carrier until after DCS release The New Super Carrier Module as they share many of the same features/ Deck Crew animations.Again that's only my Opinion from a Business/Sales point of view.

Patrick

Doesn’t look like it will leave dry dock this yr redditr/hoggit - To Cobra/HB: Are we still going to get the new carrier this year

32 votes and 22 comments so far on Reddit

“Working through the holidays to get an update out on the Forrestal before eoy (don’t worry, I’m off in the beginning of jan! ); but the gist of it is no; we’ll launch it in one of the january patches. Macro texture detailing has been the biggest unexpected timesink.”

Patrick

***Heatblur Posted These on Their FB Page....Coming with other Goodies in Next Major Update***

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5ew6vozmno771.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	83407

Name:	j0xa9pzmno771.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	83408

Name:	ldiw6szmno771.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	83409

Patrick

Released!!!

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Released!!!
    I have the Tomcat, but how do I download the Forrest Fire?

NC, comes in the update if you have the HB Cat module, should not be a separate download.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    NC, comes in the update if you have the HB Cat module, should not be a separate download.
    Hmm, I am sure it is all installed ok, but where should the FID be listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Hmm, I am sure it is all installed ok, but where should the FID be listed? Also, my Tomcat order is not listed, but it is installed, and I have the email receipt!

Well, I uninstalled the Tomcat, but now I can't reinstall it. The link is not available, nor is the aircraft listed in the serial numbers. Crap.

I really hope that Heatblur will help me with this with a fresh install download link. If not, I will dump DCS altogether. The only reason I even kept the sim on my hard drive was because of the promise of the Forrestal, that I have been waiting on since I bought the Tomcat back in October of 2018. If they say I have to buy the Cat again, then NOPE!

NC

Chief The Forrestal Carrier is available in the latest DCS Open Beta.Just update your game,You will find it in list of ships in mission editor as its not an actual module

Patrick

Chief The Forrestal Carrier is available in the latest DCS Open Beta.Just update your game,You will find it in list of ships in mission editor as its not an actual module
    Thanks. I had not installed the open beta, but the other one. Uninstalled it, and now downloading beta. NC

All installed and working! I will need to do a LOT of practicing with this!

Great to hear Chief....I'm very much interested in your opinion of The Forrestal.

Patrick

NC, glad you got it sorted. Initial impressions for me was the darkness of the textures, which is going to get fixed. There is also a mod out to change the stack smoke and wake. In game, from ops on both SC and Stennis, CV-59 feels very small in the Turkey!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Great to hear Chief....I'm very much interested in your opinion of The Forrestal.
    I only have been on the deck of this virtual Forrestal for a few minutes, but I agree with a assessment from one of the Youtube videos I saw; in that the detail-work is nothing short of amazing! Take for example, the bolt heads on the catapult track. WOW!! NC

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    All installed and working! I will need to do a LOT of practicing with this!
    Only just saw this, but if you ever have to go from Beta to Release again, you can switch more easily without doing a full download by using a script.

You open a command prompt and navigate to to the DCS install directory usually C:\program files\Eagle Dynamics etc and then into the folder 'bin'.

Then type the following: DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

if you want to change back simply change the end to be @release

That will save hours, or at least minutes of downloading the whole thing again

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Only just saw this, but if you ever have to go from Beta to Release again, you can switch more easily without doing a full download by using a script.

You open a command prompt and navigate to to the DCS install directory usually C:\program files\Eagle Dynamics etc and then into the folder 'bin'.

Then type the following: DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

if you want to change back simply change the end to be @release

That will save hours, or at least minutes of downloading the whole thing again
    Outstanding tip, thanks! NC

NC, you can actually go back to or go forward to ANY version of release by specifying the precise version update you want to go to as well....it's a really awesome feature of DCS.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

When will be available, the USS Forrestal + VF-31 livery pack
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 0