Maskrider? Folder Struture?

Thread: Maskrider? Folder Struture?

Maskrider? Folder Struture?

Hi Chris,

Being in the process of rebuilding multiple installations, I'm trying to remember a post you made say oh, three to four years ago.
    It was around the time of your latest DEI release and the Japanese island bases.

The post dealt with your scenery files contents or grouping, and IIRC, the sequence of activation via the scenery activation.
    I remember that this really improved performance for the Marianna's when I followed it.

It dealt with the grouping of land class, water class and airsrtip files with those associations in respective folders.
    I hope this rings a bell. I'm just going off of my memory and that has been pretty scary lately.

Thanks, Dave

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    I hope this rings a bell. I'm just going off of my memory and that has been pretty scary lately.
    LOL! Welcome to the club!

Sure Dave. No problem.

Looking at it in the Scenery Library is looks like this:

MR_Scenery
    MR_Scenery Land and Waterclass
    MR_Scenery Masks and Excludes

The masks and excludes are the ones that get used to erase whatever is there to begin with: land, rivers, roads. shorelines. These are the bgls that create the empty canvas as it were. They get loaded first.
    The land and water class is self explanatory- these also are the big land and water class files. There other more localized waterclass files, ones for river mouths, etc., files that call out custom water textures, that go in the MR_Scenery level.
    The Scenery is what it is- everything else: LWM-3 land and water poly bgls; VTP1-8 line poly bgls and VTP1-7 textured poly bgls; localized waterclass bgls and airfield-associated bgls.

Hope this makes sense!

Later,
    Chris
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

That's it!

Thanks Chris. This time I've saved your response in a doc.

It really does make a difference. My install of the Marianna's was studdering like crazy. Now all is cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0