CFS 3 Upgrade package Version 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFS 3 Upgrade package Version 2

I'm at the same stage, with a totally vanilla install, not even the coastlines added.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi dhadsell, sounds like you know about the terrains2 folder on the CD.

@Priller, I assume you are talking about the stock upgrade, not ETO. As for the configdatabase issue, I have never encountered it for this install. Almost sounds like it could be a syntax problem which could be picked up with an xml editor.

I think I would have persevered with the setup where you got cfs3 open, but looking horrible. Its generally not hard to fix the look. You get clues like - is the view not at the standard monitor resolution? etc.

But really, configdatabase is an odd one. I don't know what could be wrong other than a typo/syntax problem. You could try pulling out the shader package - all you really need to remove are the two d3d8 files and back them up somewhere.

Yes, I know about the terrains2 thing. I haven't even done that this time.

Might deleting the zx files have been where I went wrong? Shall I try again, running the nuke bdps but leaving the zx alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi dhadsell, sounds like you know about the terrains2 folder on the CD.

@Priller, I assume you are talking about the stock upgrade, not ETO. As for the configdatabase issue, I have never encountered it for this install. Almost sounds like it could be a syntax problem which could be picked up with an xml editor.

I think I would have persevered with the setup where you got cfs3 open, but looking horrible. Its generally not hard to fix the look. You get clues like - is the view not at the standard monitor resolution? etc.

But really, configdatabase is an odd one. I don't know what could be wrong other than a typo/syntax problem. You could try pulling out the shader package - all you really need to remove are the two d3d8 files and back them up somewhere.
    Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I'll do as you say and pulling out the shader package. maybe at a later date I'll install the Ankor shaders.

Cheers,

Priller

Deleted the things you told me to and it worked for exactly one time. After that, I got the error message about the configoverrides file being out of date again.

Installing a combat flight sim shouldn't take more than three days to get it working.

I ditched it. But thanks to all who offered help.

Priller

SOH-CM-2020
    Easy fix for configoverrides message: make sure configoverrides file "read only" option is deselected. Configure to your taste using cfs3config.exe.

Ankor's shader package stops the config message from happening, once it is removed cfs3config.exe needs to be run again.

However, it is worth making it read-only once set up and running, because of CFS3's habit of selecting "dual pass render" which can stuff up the look.

Thank you. So you advise unticking the read only configoverrides and trying again, including deleting the zx files as per the instructions?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thank you. So you advise unticking the read only configoverrides and trying again, including deleting the zx files as per the instructions?
    Hi dhadsell, the advice is a response for a specific circumstance. When trying to get an install running, and the message "configoverrides is out of date" pops up, there are several possible responses.

1. If you have Ankor's shaders installed, the d3d8.ini file has an entry fakedriverversion=1. This is intended to stop the configoverrides process from running. So in this circumstance, just close down and re-run, the fakedriverversion=1 instruction should work this time.

2. If for whatever reason you don't have Ankors shader package installed, and you get the configoverrides message, then you need to go to your AppData for the install, and change the properties of the configoverrides file by unchecking "read only". This will allow you to run the cfs3config.exe, set up the config the way you like, and get the install running. The first time you run after doing the config, the screen may have poor visuals. use the drop-down menu at the top right of the screen of the running CFS3, and edit the resolution manually. The next time you run CFS3, things should have "stuck finally and things are starting to look good. NOW go back to your AppData, and make the configoverrides.xml file "read only" again.

This set of instructions is only for the upgrade package, where I have provided a "read-only" configoverrides file, and the usual process is you have to simply run cfs3 once or twice before the shader package and the visuals "stick".

Stick that in the knowledge sticky as well David, please.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Stick that in the knowledge sticky as well David, please.
    Yes, I know I should, James . It will only happen when I am at my cfs3 computer. I would need to get the wording precise and accurate, rather than a recollection which is basically what my last post was!

SOH-CM-2020

Configdatabase.txt

I think I've gotten my addled brain around the issue that dhadsell and Priller reported - a corrupt configdatabase.txt file. It may be that the one in the v2 upload is corrupted.

Try using the stock version. The file is located in the main root of the install, NOT in the AppData pathway.

It looks like I was confusing it with a configoverrides.xml problem. The configoverrides xml file is located in the AppData pathway, whereas the .txt file is in the main root of the install (eg my root install location is D:\\Combat Flight Sim Modded\).

Sorry for any confusion, I usually blame chemo brain at this end.

Thank you. I might take a look at that and try again.

David

I tried installing the v.2 upgrade this morning myself. Seems to be something wrong with line 51 off the configdatabase file. I removed the new one and replaced it with one from an old install I have on a external drive, but still no luck! On a different topic, anyone know where I can locate eto_p_47d ? Loaded up a misson pack that requires it!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    I tried installing the v.2 upgrade this morning myself. Seems to be something wrong with line 51 off the configdatabase file. I removed the new one and replaced it with one from an old install I have on a external drive, but still no luck!
    Coincidentally I looked at the package yesterday. I got rid of the corrupt configdatabase.txt message by installing the stock version. But I got another weird message about whitespace in the frontline.xml spawn file! Was able to fix that fairly quickly by deleting the first line of the file.

Really my computer has never been the same since the C drive got corrupt and I rebuilt Windows 10. Ankors shaders runs on some of the installs, but haphazardly. I get weird model cache overflow messages and crashes. I installed a fresh version 2 of the upgrade package over a stock copy of CFS3, but because of the flaky nature of my computer it does not run consistently like it used to. I cannot test the package itself because I think I have bigger underlying issues with the computer and Win10 in particular.

Hello

I'm not a really beginner, I've played a lot with European Air War, CFS2 and a little CFS3, and there is a long time I've not flied ...
    So I'm trying to reinstall CFS3 with the upgrade package V.2, but with some difficulty.
    First, I've an error message with the cfs3config : "Unrecognized property set on line 501 - Propertyset=global settings".
    When I launch CFS3, another message appears : "Th configuration override file is out of date. Please re-run CFS. CFS3will now exit".

I've read a lot of answers, and applied the solutions without success. My english is not very good, so perhaps I don't all understand.
    Can you help me please

thank you

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by tartinou View Post
    Hello

First, I've an error message with the cfs3config : "Unrecognized property set on line 501 - Propertyset=global settings".
    Greetings, tartinou, It must be difficult to follow this in English.

This first error is from "cfs3configdatabase.txt", in the main install. Try using the copy from your original CFS3. My file is dated 21 January 2003.

When I launch CFS3, another message appears : "Th configuration override file is out of date. Please re-run CFS. CFS3will now exit".
    This second error is in your AppData folder for your modified stock install. The file is called "configoverrides.xml". Change this file from "readonly" to readable. Use the mouse, right click on "configoverrides.xml", select "properties" and find the "Read only" box. Untick the box.

There is good description above in this thread about the procedure from here.

Just run cfs3config.exe, and set it up the way you like it.

The run cfs3.exe and use the top right drop-down menu to make more changes to display options.

NB you will probably have a problem with the horizon - this is "dual pass render" in the configoverrides file in the AppData pathway. Go into the configoverrides file and Turn Off "Dual Pass Render".

Now run cfs3.exe again. If it looks good, then exit. Go to AppData pathway and make cfs3configoverrides "Read Only" again! (this will stop cfs3 from turning on "Dual Pass Render" sometime)

Salut,

Thanks for our help

I had already made some correction witout sucess ... J'm going to continue with your details

Super !

Thank you, it's working for the moment.
    I put a copy of "cfs3configdatabase" from my dvd, and after lauching the program, I return the update file.
    I also did the manipulation with the file configoverrides.

Now I need to found how to change the cockpit view, I only see the viewfinder.

SOH-CM-2020

Now I need to found how to change the cockpit view, I only see the viewfinder.
    F4 cycles views. F3 turns on/off the open view with the gunsight. Add a screenshot if you have more problems. Ctrl+shift+F4 cycles view from player/target to target/player.

It's alright, I've found two keys in the configuration that allow to advance or to go back in the cockpit

thank you

SOH-CM-2020

Upgrade package V2.1 Available

Version 2.1 simply overwrites some files in V2 - mostly .xdp files but a whole new spawn set for campaigns. More ai aircraft are provided, to deal with the pesky ai aircraft that fly unencumbered with fuel weight.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nag2s..._V2.1.zip/file

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Been looking for something else to play with and this is it ! Thanks ! Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 25