Fire Power P-51D Repaint?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Power P-51D Repaint?

Blog Entries

Fire Power P-51D Repaint?

Does anyone know of any repaints for the Fire Power P-51D?

Thanks,

Geary

There are many of them at SOH, take your pick.

http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?lo...ype=cfs3-skins

Blog Entries
    lewis,

I must be blind; I can't find any Firepower P-51 skins on the page you linked me to. Can you be more specific?

Thanks,

Yes, this one for instance! Are you suggesting that it does not fit the Firepower P-51D????

http://www.combatfs.com/index.php?loc=archive&page=info&FileUploadName=Tim 13&FileID=661

That's for the stock P-51D. I have a feeling he wants repaints for the entirely different Firepower model. No idea where to get them though.

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    That's for the stock P-51D. I have a feeling he wants repaints for the entirely different Firepower model. No idea where to get them though.
    They don't use the same M3D files?

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys,

I was afraid re-skins for this bird might be a bit tough to find.

Geary take a look at these photos below, one is the stock P-51D and one is the Fire Power P-51D. I used the same skin on both of them and it fits each one exactly the same, this skin also fits the avhist P-51D as well. All of those P-51 skins on that SOH page will work for you. If you just don't know how to reskin an airplane just ask.

Attachment 77247

Attachment 77248

I think he means the one that comes with the Aircraft Powerpack, although it's actually from the Wings of Power 2 expansion for FSX, the p-51 was converted to work in cfs3 but it's called Firepower p-51 and no I haven't seen any skins either

see info here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Powerpack

looks like this

Geary I apologize I misunderstood which P-51 you meant. I have fire power so I thought it was the one I had. I went out and purchased the actual "FP P51D" last night. Don't worry Im sure a few skins will turn up eventually.

ghost
    i can make reskins for any plane u need just contact me (any that use .dds texture files) i dont have firepower yet but i guess it still uses .dds for the skins

contact info
    Ghost
    u-s-cghost@hotmail.com
    xfire id = ghostsnip

AFAIK the AvH P-51 uses the stock MS model, so skins which fit one will fit the other.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis11777 View Post
    Geary I apologize I misunderstood which P-51 you meant. I have fire power so I thought it was the one I had. I went out and purchased the actual "FP P51D" last night. Don't worry Im sure a few skins will turn up eventually.

Lewis,

I also apologize, I should've explained better. The P-51D was not a part of the original Firepower package. It was added to the FP package that is part of the Aircraft PowerPack for FSX, FS2004 and CFS3.

How do you like the "FP P51D" you bought? IMO it's the best P-51D in CFS3. But, not enough repaints. I never was a big fan of the checkerboard paint pattern many WWII units used.

Those stock P-51 repaints you showed us look good. I'll have to try them out. Maybe they'll fit the FP Mustang, too.

Thanks for the help.

Geary

Geary I really like the cockpit of the FP P-51D, the paint job as you said leaves much to be desired. I don't like the flight model that much either, the avhist P-51 flys much better. My personal mod of the stock P-51 flys better yet. The stock repaints could be used for this bird but that would require some modification.

thought you guys would like to know there is a paint kit available here.
    http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/...6cd9644e0706f9

Dancats link to the template will make things quicker for anybody who wishes to paint it, but I've made my own template tonight, (I don't like using other peoples templates) and have a skin well on the way for it, the model and pit are very good!

I'll show a shot or two tomorrow night!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

You see Geary, it appears some skins will turn up after all, and by one of the very talented skinners no less.

I understand better now... I wondered what the Firepower P-51d was, too, since "Firepower" simply updates the MS stock model. Now I see the light...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Not had much time tonight, but did manage to finish this one, so as promised here's a few shots!
    John

Keep it coming!

awesome!! not bad at all for one night, excellent work :ernae:

Excellent work John, good stuff!

Grief, John, how do you manage to do them that quickly? It takes me days at the very least!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Well it was two nights actually, and I cut the rivet count down a bit, then lifted a few bits from my AvH template! :d
    John

Keep it coming!

How's this Lewis?
    John

Keep it coming!

Members who have read this thread: 2