Odie / Others - Just a reminder that the carrier will not be available for use for a couple months (AFAIK, someone mentioned 4/1/2020). I would recommend a US Navy aircraft like the F/A-18 or F-14 as your first purchase. You will get a carrier with DCS and once you have a good US Navy aircraft for it, you will be able to prepare for the release of the carrier. It took me a couple sessions before I was anywhere competent at landing on the carrier.

Here is a quick review of my Case 1 (VFR) carrier landing pattern in the F/A-18: Upwind about 10 miles ("Instant Action" release point) (a) hook down, Tacan to 74X, HSI to Tacan 10 mile range....as you approach carrier on about a 360 / 010 heading get to 800' AGL / AWL and 400 KTS.... passing carrier to your left check clear deck and slowly count to 10, break left level at 800', pull 4 G's (or your speed divided by 100), level out on reciprocal heading (180) with speed below 275 KTS, drop gear and flaps, watch outside for carrier to about your 7 o'clock / HSI until Tacan pointer to 7 o'clock, turn back toward carrier to line up with angle deck, look for ball (I've never seen it very well, so I use HUD "E" bracket and aircraft path symbol), approach speed is between 135 - 140 (watch you indexer lights, but I find the HUD "E" bracket and aircraft path symbol a better speed indicator (bracket above path FAST, bracket below path SLOW)). Catch the number 3 wire (lol). Hook up, turn right to exit the landing area....nothing to it. (That is sarcasm...it is quite challenging.)

Good luck. Buy now while things are on sale!