A2A Shockwave / 3D Lights

Thread: A2A Shockwave / 3D Lights

Blog Entries

A2A Shockwave / 3D Lights

Hello,

Seeing the A2A sale got me thinking about their 3D Lights (formerly Shockwave?) product. Simply put, is it worth it?

Now obviously, I presume the answer is, it depends on the aircraft. I've really liked the few aircraft that came with it "natively" modeled (eg: Milviz T-38 and F-86, and a few others). But some factors in my particular flying, in decreasing order of frequency:

* Mostly older military jets (Garwood Hunters, SSW F-104, Milviz F-4, Razbam T-2, Razbam A-7, Virtavia A-4, RFN Etendard, FStns Buccanneer, Aerosoft F-14, Dino F-14, Dino T-45, FSXBA F/A-18 - future to buy AH Hawk)
    * Mostly naval aircraft with folding/moving wings, as per many of the above
    * Some classic jetliners (Freeware Falcon 20, CS 737, future will buy CS 727, L-1011, Aerosoft DC-8)
    * Some classic props (Manfred C-47, Shupe L-10, future to get Javis Convair props)
    * Some older GA (Carenado Bonanza)

I'm missing a few, but that's roughly 90% of the main fliers.

So factoring in things like folding / moving wings (where I assume these lights can't be used), lights on landing gear (most naval planes), and I what I understand is funky cockpit lighting as a side-effect, is this worth considering?

I welcome any points of view, but especially folks who fly these particular models, and what their experiences have been with A2A's light's being successfully attached or otherwise.

thanks,

dl

PS / Edit

As part of my research, I've referred to this database, which has precious few of the aircraft in my sphere of interest. That's likely telling, but I'm sure it's not just because no one sat down and programmed in the light coordinates. I'm assuming there was some fundamental downside, but again, hence the question.

https://www.a2asimulations.com/store...lights_fsx.htm

Blog Entries
    Anyone?

thanks,

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0