Il-76_78Zh causes ctd

Thread: Il-76_78Zh causes ctd

Il-76_78Zh causes ctd

I have another plane doing the ctd thing.

Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's Il-76 and Il-78 package is the culprit.

What can i do?

If you've sorted out the fssound.dll, then there is another, similar Gaugesound.dll that might be culprit.

Personally, I think the Il-76 by Ilya Kulikov, aka Monumentum, at the russian Avsim site is better, but you do have to set up your joystick interface (it uses Project Tupolev Gauges) each time.

http://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?...s=1&minrating=

ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; March 20th, 2019 at 04:40.

Changed gaugesound.dll and still got the same result!

You prolly already know this but be sure to put the Gaugesound.dll in the main FS9 folder, not in the gauges or modules folder. I've had the Il-76_78 "in service" for about 2 years, no problems. Funny thing is, both the Il-76 and the A-50 Mainstay show up as empty folders in the main Aircraft Folder, but the both load up and fly just fine. Just a thought.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The file is in the main folder and it is still doing the ctd.

update

I have done some research on the addon that is causing problems. I think the culprit is a gauge that requires FSUIPC... so I reinstalled FSUIPC and I have yet to test the plane.

gauge problem...

I think it is a gauge issue: IL76.RADIO.

I forgot about what I had found with the A-50 and Il-76 models I currently fly in the sim. The "Copilot.gau" would cause the sim to freeze when either model was selected for the aircraft to fly. I commented out the entry for that gauge and it cured the problem. Also, I have Vladimir Zhyhulskiy's Il-76, not the Monumentum version. After removing the copilot gauge entry in the panel config, I booted up the Il-76 and scanned the panels and the pop-ups. It all seemed to be intact, and I'm not sure exactly what the copilot gauge does for the whole bit.

The Monumentum Il-76 model appears to be a very complex aircraft, with all the systems being controlled by mouse click and start-up sequences. I just downloaded and un-packed the zip file, had a look at all of it. The whole package is very large in size too. I don't have it installed at the mo.

BB686

I figured it out... I replaced the smoke gauge it came with to the smoke gauge of the AN-12BK made by the same person. I also put forward slashes on the gauges I thought as defective in the panel.cfg file.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    The "Copilot.gau" would cause the sim to freeze when either model was selected for the aircraft to fly.

BB686

I think the copilot gauge does the altitude and other callouts in Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    I figured it out... I replaced the smoke gauge it came with to the smoke gauge of the AN-12BK made by the same person. I also put forward slashes on the gauges I thought as defective in the panel.cfg file.
    I'm just curious, what gauges did you comment out in the panel config to get to a resolution?

BB686

here is the solution

First you take this line: gauge65=IL76zh!Smoke, 0,0,20,20
    Replace IL76zh!Smoke with An12zh!Smoke... and you're done for the panel.cfg.
    Finally, add An12zh.cab to the panel folder and voila!

I tried that little trick and I got farther than I did before. Now the model shows up in the preview window, but that's it. I cannot create a flight with it because for some reason it knocks out the text on the left side of the preview window.
    I have never been able to get this one to go... sadly. I have the An12-BKzh model installed and it works fine, as do both the "Monumentum" Il-76 and A-50. I reckon I have those, so I should just leave the "zh" version alone. I thought it was the other way around... that I had the "zh" version and not the Monumentum model. Getting old is hell.... :~{

Thanks for the info anyway,

BB686
    Last edited by Blackbird686; March 26th, 2019 at 06:14.

One more thing

These line in the panel.cfg file you put two forward slashes on.

gauge03 = IL76.RADIO! SOLUTION, 13,146,67,22
    gauge18 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_OM, 1121,708,44,25
    gauge19 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_MM, 1122,740,44,24
    gauge20 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_IM , 1122,774,47,28
    gauge30 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_OM, 621,55,27,15
    gauge31 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_MM, 651,55,26,15
    gauge32 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_IM, 679,55, 28.14
    gauge16 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_OM, 236,59,27,15
    gauge17 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_MM, 266,59,26,15
    gauge18 = IL76.RADIO! ANN_IM, 294,59,28,14

THAT did the trick! I was able to get the Il-76 lit with most of the warning lights off, but my Russian is not good. Accidently shut down one of the engines whilst mid flight between Amberlay Air Base and Cairns... ooOOPS! Got the engine restarted. Made it to Cairns International easily, had breakfast at the "Wallaby Lounge" in the terminal... lol (just kidding).

I made some adjustments, check your PM's

BB686

Members who have read this thread: 0