FSX Native AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSX Native AVRO PWS-18 Uploaded!...

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Nigel,

Posting XML code into a website, or email, will usually reformat it into a useless set of characters.
    Just FYI, when posting code here use the "#" button above in the post editor functions to surround the code in "code" tags. This will keep the forum software from parsing/reformatting.
    Anyhow, attached is the same zip sent to you (if it works), so others may use it before you upload an official.. Hope you don't mind.

Roman

Attachment 67840
    Thanks, Roman - works great!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Thanks but I have picked up the file from Roman's post. Works perfectly! Many thanks to you all for making this plane even better!
    BTW, The new compass gauge can be used on all of the AVRO series panels so far released.
    Works perfectly in both in FS9 and FSX.

Many Thanks to Roman!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

SOH-CM-2023
    So thats why it wouldn't work for me. Having D/Led Roman's .zip it now does although the 2D pop up only flashes up on my screen - a SP2 problem as opposed to Accel?
    Anyway I've meddled again & placed a negative sign in the top value line so the needle swings in the correct direction. Changed the 'Avro Compass.bmp' for the one I use - it fits perfectly & funny how we both use the same serial number P8 compass! & I have added a lubber line to the $vc02.bmp
    I have also modified the tooltip text as I think the Reference value is misleading. I now have an almost perfectly working compass that I thought was not possible without Nigel having to create a modification to his Gmax. Only a working friction locking pad is lacking.

Now let me see if I can attach it....

OK it seems to be there. Exchange the $vc02 in the panel folder & the .xml in the NR621 folder. Add the P8 Grid Ring mod.bmp to the NR621 folder.

Keith (must stop meddling!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    So thats why it wouldn't work for me. Having D/Led Roman's .zip it now does although the 2D pop up only flashes up on my screen - a SP2 problem as opposed to Accel?
    Anyway I've meddled again & placed a negative sign in the top value line so the needle swings in the correct direction. Changed the 'Avro Compass.bmp' for the one I use - it fits perfectly & funny how we both use the same serial number P8 compass! & I have added a lubber line to the $vc02.bmp
    I have also modified the tooltip text as I think the Reference value is misleading. I now have an almost perfectly working compass that I thought was not possible without Nigel having to create a modification to his Gmax. Only a working friction locking pad is lacking.

Now let me see if I can attach it....

OK it seems to be there. Exchange the $vc02 in the panel folder & the .xml in the NR621 folder. Add the P8 Grid Ring mod.bmp to the NR621 folder.

Keith (must stop meddling!)
    WAIT...I've found a better way to show the lubber line & place it on the inside where it should be so use the V2 version. There is no need to change the $vc02, just add/ exchange the enclosed to the NR621 folder.

Keith
    Attached Files Attached Files

WAIT...I've found a better way to show the lubber line & place it on the inside where it should be so use the V2 version. There is no need to change the $vc02, just add/ exchange the enclosed to the NR621 folder.

Keith
    Works great. Thanks Keith!

Keith, must admit that I've never had any experience with the P.8 compass.
    My first mod was just to get some kind of heading reference.
    After looking at some vids and some docs, you sir, have nailed it!

One could use my mod as a "simple simmer" model of the compass and your version for the hard core, "as real as it gets", simmer.
    Thanks!

Roman
    Roman

SOH-CM-2023
    My pleasure Roman, I did it because John asked the question, but I had previously noted it to Nigel. I then found it possible to do the 'swinging bit' from your initial mod, so on.....I just hoped I wasn't treading on your toes!
    Doing a bit of research I found that a long time ago someone commented on the M$ DH Comet compass as being wrong rotation & having a fixed bezel, must admit I didn't fly that model very much, couldn't taxy it!

Keith

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    Keith, must admit that I've never had any experience with the P.8 compass.
    My first mod was just to get some kind of heading reference.
    After looking at some vids and some docs, you sir, have nailed it!

One could use my mod as a "simple simmer" model of the compass and your version for the hard core, "as real as it gets", simmer.
    Thanks!

Roman
    My pleasure Roman, I did it because John asked the question, but I had previously noted it to Nigel. I then found it possible to do the 'swinging bit' from your initial mod, so on.....I just hoped I wasn't treading on your toes!
    Doing a bit of research I found that a long time ago someone commented on the M$ DH Comet compass as being wrong rotation & having a fixed bezel, must admit I didn't fly that model very much, couldn't taxy it!

Keith
    Roman, Keith; Kudos Gentlemen - we now have an excellent P.8 compass!

I have to confess to no first-hand experience with this compass - similar to Roman, I did some searches online and now have a better understanding of its correct use.

Keith: The DH Comet compass 'did me in' - it was the very compass I based the original gauge on.
    Your diligence has once again paid off with dividends.

Many Thanks!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looksgreat!

iamready togetback flyingagain its birdslikethat makes me so frustrated it has been19years since ihad ajoystick inmyhand thanks iapreciate it
    henry
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Avro 621

Your beautiful model AVRO PWS 18 native for FSX, works fine on P3dv4.4.
    The model AVRO 621 port instead, does not work; can you make it compatible?
    Thank you
    pgbart
    Pier Giorgio Bartolucci, Venezia

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...highlight=AVRO

Works superbly- these 3 aircraft are among the very best offerings currently available for Flight Simulation- regardless of freeware/payware selection.

Enjoy the wonder!

C

Quote Originally Posted by pgbart View Post
    Your beautiful model AVRO PWS 18 native for FSX, works fine on P3dv4.4.
    The model AVRO 621 port instead, does not work; can you make it compatible?
    Thank you
    pgbart
    Pier Giorgio Bartolucci, Venezia
    They are just perfect...download last versions and install correctly…
    Saluti...

Great Birdie!

Paintkit available?

Thank you,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Just curious (re all AVRO models and both the port-overs and FSX native models) and to add more realism in screenshots etc. ......
    ........... is there a way of removing the pilot from the exterior view when aircraft is parked and engine/instruments are turned 'off' ?

I came across some aircraft before where pilots disappeared when certain conditions were met (parking brake set, battery off, etc. based on type of aircraft).

Thank-you.
    MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Adjusting the P8 for learning and own purposes.

Hi All,
    I was hoping that someone could help me as I am just trying to figure out how to program gauges in XML.
    (I run FSX on Win10 with Saitek controls and instrumentation and Spad.Next)
    What I want to do is to adjust a P8 Compass gauge for my own purposes so I can navigate using the P8, stop watch and whizz wheel.
    What I am aiming to do is transplant this gauge to some freeware aircraft eg DG Designs DH89 Dragon Rapid where theP8 isn't so visible in the virtual cockpit.

I want to undock and enlarge the P8 onto another screen, rotate the bezel as per and also maybe do a Saitek FIP version for me.

Keith has been very helpful (thank you so much) but now I can post in the forum I can throw it out there to spread the load.

I am able to undock this gauge now when the original Mouse section is removed (as it uses right click stopping the undock menu). I can set a hardware knob on my Saitek controls to control A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR
    I can enlarge the gauge but at the size I'd like (600x600) the graphics tear terribly and the centre sometimes jumps when rotated. Is a different XML command needed to rotate. I have already tried to enlarge the bitmaps to produce a "native" 600x600 gauge but it still tears and jumps. Suggestions please!

The b ezel does rotate with A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR but it seems to rotate the wrong way. The bezel does not read the same value as the variable. When A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR=10 the bezel reads 350. This is important so when you move the gauge o other aircraft it lines up with the onboard compass. Please could someone help me with the rotate to read correctly?

I have manage to transplant this gauge to a Saitek FIP by resizing the BMPs and changing position and axis. Still have the bezel not reading sameas A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR above. But what I would like to know is how to program the gauge to take input from the FIP buttons directly and adjust varies. Hw can I program the P8 FIP version to adjust A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR using one of FIP knobs. Can someone advise or point to a tutorial for FIPs?

Lots here. Sorry. Steep learning curve and got as far as I can fiddling. Time to ask.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob.

Code:
    <Gauge Name="compass_popup" Version="1.0">
      <Image Name="AVRO__compass.bmp"/>

<Element>
        <Position X="150" Y="150"/>
        <Image Name="compass_popup_needle.bmp" PointsTo="South">
          <Axis X="85" Y="86"/>
        </Image>
        <Rotate>
          <Value>(A:Wiskey compass indication degrees,degrees) - </Value>
          <Nonlinearity>
            <Item Value="0" Degrees="-90"/>
            <Item Value="180" Degrees="90"/>
            <Item Value="360" Degrees="-90"/>
          </Nonlinearity>
        </Rotate>
      </Element>

<Element>
        <Position X="150" Y="150"/>
        <Image Name="P8_Grid_Ring_mod.bmp" PointsTo="North">
        <Axis X="143" Y="143"/>
        </Image>
        <Rotate>
          <Value>(A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK DIR, degrees)</Value>
          <Nonlinearity>
            <Item Value="0" Degrees="-90"/>
            <Item Value="180" Degrees="90"/>
            <Item Value="360" Degrees="-90"/>
          </Nonlinearity>
        </Rotate>
      </Element>

Nigel-

I haven't heard from you or seen you online in a while... hope all is well mate?

Is there anything we can do to evoke any interest in bringing this and the lovely Tutor to MSFS? I posted about this on that fora, however, I thought I would give it another try here. She's much too good to give up...

Ta!

Carl

Members who have read this thread: 3