Aircraft selection

Thread: Aircraft selection

Aircraft selection

I am loving P3D (now that I have some FTX and UT etc in it) but has anybody come out with any improved s/w for the aircraft selection screen which is horrible and clunky to use compared to FSX imo.

There used to be a Dutch or Belgian fellow Mathias Brouwer (or similar) who had an wonderful interface for FSX but he seems MIA these days.

I know about the Favourites star but even then when you have amassed a number of a/c it is clunky in use, and who actually uses the default planes anyway?

TIA
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Not sure about 'glitzing' up the interface but you can safely nuke all the default aircraft except the F22.
    I just zip them up and dump them onto a backup drive and maybe keep couple that I like.
    When it comes down to aircraft selection I realised that while having every F16 repaint (for example) and model is nice I only really fly a few.
    I'm trying to figure out the possibility of bringing the UI up to full screen, not something that I think I can crack as I run at 4K but it's worth a try.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Nervous with removing defaults but I'll give it a try. (FSX hangover) Thanks.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I immediately removed all the default aircraft and parked them in a folder in another disk to keep from clogging up the UI. I also put a "-" next to the panel entries in the air.cfg to stop repaints I don't use appearing in the UI list. Keeps it all tidy.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    You don’t have to remove anything or use the old - FSX trick. Simply tick the star at the end of the aircraft or repaint and click the star on the main screen that says “show favorites” and presto change, only the starred versions appear.

one of the better things P3D does.

Members who have read this thread: 0