Abandoned Airfields

Thread: Abandoned Airfields

Abandoned Airfields

Hi Folks and I hope you are all well. Could anyone point me to a deserted or abandoned airfield scenery for FSX,payware or freeware and preferably California. Something like the fictional Jackson Army Air Base in the movie "Capricorn One"

Thanks all

Only one that comes to mind is EPMO, Modlin, in Poland.

Search Modlin 2009 at Avsim

Ttfn

Pete

Search the AVSIM Library...sorry SOH...enter the word "abandoned" and then look in FSX Scenery only...

Hawes Aerial Operations Facility is a reimagined version of an abandoned World War II auxiliary airstrip formerly known as Hawes AAF Aux #1. It was built in the mojave desert, just east of Edwards AFB (then Muroc AAF) during WWII as one of 4 satellite fields for Victorville AAF. After the war, Hawes as used as a private civilian airfield until it's closure in the early 1960's. It is now reborn in FSX as a UAV base by Nevada Systems. Due to it's location in the Mojave desert and the presence of many thermals in FSX, it was also used in production of the Aeroworks ARX-1 civilian glider concept. This scenery uses many custom macros as well as default macros from the Acceleration Expansion Pack, which is required for best performance. Scenery and custom macros by Joshua B. Nyhus and Jason L. Terry
    Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

I've been creating a bunch around Pensacola FL, Navy fields from the 50's through the 60's.
    But I haven't released them.... yet (still working on them).

Glad I could be of help....

Thanks for all your help friends. Looking now.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Meigs Field, Chicago?
    He said abandoned, not demolished
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Thanks Randy. That desert scenery is rather well done. Too bad the vehicles aren't correct to period.

You could try "Hobbs USAAF Base" by Tako Kichi, found in our own FSX scenery library, a very well done period airfield, just remove the traffic file's and USAAF Vehicle bgls to give it an abandoned look

Members who have read this thread: 1