CFS3 Aircraft designers question ?

Thread: CFS3 Aircraft designers question ?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

CFS3 Aircraft designers question ?

We have some really great people working on aircraft design for CFS3 now but sure do miss some of the old hands. What ever happened to Jerry Beckwith and Kerry Clement. A great team and loved their P-51's. Seems like we lost quite a few over the years. Thankful for the people that put in so much time and effort now as they have taken CFS3 to a new level. Still , i miss the good ol' days when there were so many people working on things for CFS3. Can't complain ,that looking how old this sim is, that there is still interest blows me away.Hope this goes on for years to come and with WOTR ,i think there will be new interest ,so we must be ready for new fans.Cheers,Scott

The complete loss of my system back at the beginning of October was a set-back that I have not fully recovered from. I do intend to get back into CFS3 eventually, but so far I've not been able to resume any of my former project work. I have a capable system running again, and most of the tools I use are back in place, but almost all of the relevant CFS3 files are gone.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your troubles. Glad your getting back in the saddle again. You do great work. Don't you miss the good ol' days ? Had to sell my gaming rig and using a back-up pc now. Saving up for a new one so i can enjoy CFS3 to it's full potential. Hope you can start again soon as we need all the help we can get. Thankful we still have some very talented people doing some great projects like the new Ar-234 the new Spitfire Mk II coming out along with AnKors shaders and so many other tweaks and aircraft,they have taken CFS3 to a whole new level. Good luck Major and glad to have you and all others who contribute to the best WWII flight sim out there,CFS3 . My all time favorite and longest lasting WWII air combat sim. Thanks guys,Scott

We've seen some great contributors simply decide it's time to move on to other things. (In fact, I came here from tank simulator development.)

Some have been fighting cancer, and other crippling disabilities as they age out. Sadly, some have even passed away over the years.

I'm blessed to have only had a dying piece of hardware and a lack of time to contend with lately.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22

It is not easy to fire up the electrons and spend hours/days/weeks on a project that is basically for you as there are so few of us left. I sent out the beaufighters to to get finalized well over 6 months ago and due to real life they are not ready. I keep on telling myself lets push that button and get'er done, but always find something else to do. I look back on what I have in process and well its a lot but motivation is waning some these last few months.... but never fear hope springs eternal so they say.

Oh BTW to the person who wanted wings of power in cfs3, we have a b24 series, a real good b17, he 219, plus a few others. Not sure what else s/he wants. May be s/he should learn to make a few... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    It is not easy to fire up the electrons and spend hours/days/weeks on a project that is basically for you as there are so few of us left. I sent out the beaufighters to to get finalized well over 6 months ago and due to real life they are not ready. I keep on telling myself lets push that button and get'er done, but always find something else to do. I look back on what I have in process and well its a lot but motivation is waning some these last few months.... but never fear hope springs eternal so they say.

Oh BTW to the person who wanted wings of power in cfs3, we have a b24 series, a real good b17, he 219, plus a few others. Not sure what else s/he wants. May be s/he should learn to make a few... just saying.
    That's me sir!! i knew it someone must have that things here !!
    Maybe it's time to handed over those treasure !! Time to keep your data safe with us!
    Thank you so much for your generousity!

Well Ted has already handed over those WOP aircraft as they are all either in SOH uploads or one of the other sites. Not to mention NC had a bad summer plus now winter weather wise! Hard to do stuff if you have to evacuate. As for work in progress; several people are always involved and they all have their own schedules and real life issues, so things take time. No point in wasting it by released half done stuff! That was done earlier and some never got beyond beta stage.

Now there maybe a lot of people still flying CFS3, but very few post constructively here; I'm not sure of other sites like Sim HQ, etc., but I doubt it's many. More people are interested in Arcade type flying or go to the other main WWII choices at IL2, plus maybe some now to WOTR. CFS3 still has a massive amount to offer and I wish I actually flew the dammed sim more i/o tinkering around!
    A man has to know his limitations, so I know I'm no good at hard core modeling while I can fiddle around with non modeling aspects reasonably well, so that's what I do. I do push modelers for stuff but I also accept they have their own priorities and it takes time to do good stuff.

EDIT

It seems even Sim HQ doesn't have CFS3 any more and looking through my bookmarks. many forums or CFS3 related sites are inoperative. Onr thing those who want to help CFS3 could do if nothing else, is to push it on other sim forums!
    Last edited by mongoose; December 11th, 2018 at 14:10. Reason: Additional info

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    I'm so very thankful for ALL those who work on CFS3 to make it better for us.Real life has priority and that is totally understandable. I'm also into IL-2 '46 and at the forums i always give a good word about CFS3 and it's expansions. To me CFS3 is a better sim in a lot of respects and what we have is great in comparison. People have preconceived opinions of CFS3 and that is wrong. So i plug away singing the praises of this great sim and what has/is being done. Thanks to all those who put all their time and energy into bringing us FUN ! Cheers,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0