FSX-SE realtime weather failure.

Thread: FSX-SE realtime weather failure.

FSX-SE realtime weather failure.

I initiated a service ticket today with Dovetail Games regarding the absence of a real-time weather updater in the FSX-SE platform. The weather in this application has not been functioning for months, and real-time weather is a feature advertised as being a part of the package that they are selling. They did respond with a case #, so we will see what the response is. Their answer will be posted here.

Their answer will probably "tough luck!". It hasn't been updating in regular FSX for quite a while. There are freeware programs that are available.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

If you are referring to FSRealFX, that freeware is no longer available. The site gives no information if or when it might reappear.

FSATIS. Google it. It is Russian but seems OK. I use it in FS9 because my extremely old Active Sky v6 fails to function any more. Suits my purposes. It claims to also work in FSX AND shiver me timbers XP although I have yet to test it in these.

the prog - http://unnt.ru/fsatis.php

It's free. It places a small App on the taskbar. I ran it though Avast and Defender and Bitdefender and it came through clean.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

If you are referring to FSRealFX, that freeware is no longer available. The site gives no information if or when it might reappear.
    Actually, there's a bit of a "trick" to that. If you DL and install the payware version, FSRealWX Pro, but simply don't pay for it, it will function very nicely forever in "demo" mode. Very similar to FSUIPC, which it needs to integrate with the Sim, anyway. It's a payware program, but if you choose to not pay, it's functionality is somewhat limited, but still plenty capable for use.
    Also, if you can find FSRealWX Lite, it's freeware. It's on the site someplace, I know. Not as much functionality, but still fine for use. Heck I still use either one, as it suits my desires for the sim. Haven't payed a penny. I'm so broke etc etc...
    Old, stupid joke, but still pretty applicable to me!

Hope this is some help!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

FSRealWX Lite can be found at Surclaro - bit of a pain as you have to register to d/l anything there https://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-19381.html
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0