Wheelcam 3.5

Thread: Wheelcam 3.5

Wheelcam 3.5

Hi,I just wanted to know if anyone here is using Wheelcam 3.5? I am looking for a freeware camera,utility,like EZDok,and active camera,I can't afford to buy EZdok for awhile,so,I thought that maybe Wheelcam could fit the nitch,so basically asking if anyone have any advice on this?
    Thanks

It's freeware. Simply give it a whirl.

I personally preferred version 2.7 though. Something about v3.5 put me off, but I can't really remember what exactly it was. Maybe the aircraft profile handling.

Hi Bjoern,I have read at other flight forums that it has some issues with win 7,something about if you uninstall wheelcam it will screw up your FSX setup,have you ever ran into this problem,or heard about it?
    Thanks

Beware Use of Wheelcam 3.5

I recently had a big scare with the 3.5 version.

I had installed some partitioning software that includes some ransomware protection. After the installation it indicated that there was a problem with some Wheelcam files and removed them. I white listed the files from the scan and proceeded to install a copy of 3.5.

In the process I found that the aircraft configuration part of the installation had removed the original aircraft configs but somehow had not installed the converted files. As a result, none of my aircraft had their config files!!!!!

Luckily I am a backup puritan and I was able to reinstall my aircraft files. I then reinstalled Wheelcam 2.7 with no problems.

On a side note, I have Googled Wheelcam 3.5 and can find no downloadable files except from one German language site. It doesn't seem to exist on any of the major file servers.

Wheelcam 2.7 works just fine and I would say to be very careful if you decide to use 3.5. Make sure all your aircraft are backed up!

I remember that this problem had occurred once before when 3.5 first was released several years ago.

Thanks for the advice jpmouse,so,I should backup all the sim objects folder before installing wheelcam3.5,or just use version 2.7? what are the advantages of wheelcam 3.5 to version 2.7? sorry for asking all these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hi Bjoern,I have read at other flight forums that it has some issues with win 7,something about if you uninstall wheelcam it will screw up your FSX setup,have you ever ran into this problem,or heard about it?
    Thanks
    Nope. Or at least I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Thanks for the advice jpmouse,so,I should backup all the sim objects folder before installing wheelcam3.5,or just use version 2.7? what are the advantages of wheelcam 3.5 to version 2.7? sorry for asking all these questions.
    First of all, you should have a backup of your computer at all times

I would not use Wheelcam 3.5 as the only reference to it in a Google search is this page - http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004/modu...=Content&pid=2 There is a description of it there as well as downloadable files

I find that Wheelcam 2.7 works just fine.

Hope this helps.

JP

Members who have read this thread: 0