Chris Bell & Cretative Design Studios

Thread: Chris Bell & Cretative Design Studios

Blog Entries

Chris Bell & Cretative Design Studios

I saw a link today on Air DailyX about Chris Bell having a 50% off sale on his night lighting and night sky software. I went the the site and didn't see where it was on sale.
    However, his packages looked interesting. Does anyone here have experience with Black Marble or the Stars program? I am especially interested to know how it works with Orbx. The site talks a lot about the changes made to the base PD3 package. Only one line at the bottom says it is compatible with 3rd party add-ons. Nothings states Orbz specifically, or anything about what you get that Orbx doesn't offer.

The total package in my in-box was $209. For that amount of money, I would like to know more about what I am getting.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

That sounds like a lot. Be sure you are not purchasing the global products and the region products as you will be doubling up. I don't really know a lot about it, but Black Marble offers improved night lighting. Do some searches online as I have seen comparisons before between FTX Vector lighting and Black Marble. Not sure what Blue Marble does.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Hi Scott, I went ahead and purchased Black Marble, Vector, Extruded Bridges, Traffic, and Stargazer for $109. I found it by reading and research. You had to put in a code, I think it was BIGSALE and then the price was halved.

I am impressed with the products. The night lighting is definitely better than with just Orbx Global and Vector. I haven't tried it in any of the Orbx regions yet. The Stargazer, which is only $30 full price is really good. You get a lot more stars. It reminds me of when I flew at nights in USAF. I used to look up at all the stars and the blackness of the sky at 30,000 feet and feel close to God.

The only negative was that I maxed out my systems capability to generate autogen lights on a timely basis while flying over New Orleans. I have Aersoft's US Cities-New Orleans. The combination of Black Marble lights, Stargazer and Aerosoft NO was too much for my GPU with the settings I had. At first NO was dark, (just the normal autogen lights) compared to outside the Aerosoft NO area. Little by little the NO lights started coming on in batches.

All in all, I like the products. With a 50% savings it was worth it to me. I would not have purchased it at $200.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

All the products sound pretty interesting. Thanks for the explanation John. I did look into it a while back, but I suppose I don''t fly enough at night to justify the night lighting.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 0