Dino's F-14D Load-out stations

Thread: Dino's F-14D Load-out stations

Blog Entries

Dino's F-14D Load-out stations

I'd like to "permanently" leave unloaded some stores that automatically get put on every time the plane is loaded into the sim. Right now, I manually zero them out in the fuel and payloads menu, which is a bit of a pain if I never fly with those stores.

So looking in aircraft.cfg section, I see the following

max_number_of_stations = 13

station_load.0 = 200, -15.0, 0, 0.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.0 = "Pilot"

station_load.1 = 200, -18.5, 0, 0.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.1 = "RIO"

station_load.2 = 1, 0, 0, 0.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.2 = "M61-A1 Gun" // M61-A1, 1lb token weight

station_load.3 = 196, -33.5, -11.6, 0.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.3 = "Station 1A" // 196lbs for Sidewinder or nothing

station_load.4 = 509, -33.5, -9.7, -1.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.4 = "Station 1B" // 196lbs for Sidwinder; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1024 for Phoenix

station_load.5 = 2433, -27.5, -1.65, -1.25 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.5 = "Station 3" // 307lbs for Phoenix Rail; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1331 for Phoenix+rail; 2433 for GBU31+rail; 1528 for GBU12+rail

station_load.6 = 509, -43.5, -1.65, -1.25 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.6 = "Station 4" // 307lbs for Phoenix Rail; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1331 for Phoenix+rail; 2433 for GBU31+rail; 1528 for GBU12+rail

station_load.7 = 0, -27.5, 1.65, -1.25 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.7 = "Station 5" // 307lbs for Phoenix Rail; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1331 for Phoenix+rail; 2433 for GBU31+rail; 1528 for GBU12+rail

station_load.8 = 2433, -43.5, 1.65, -1.25 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.8 = "Station 6" // 307lbs for Phoenix Rail; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1331 for Phoenix+rail; 2433 for GBU31+rail; 1528 for GBU12+rail

station_load.9 = 412, -33.5, 9.7, -1.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.9 = "Station 8B" // 196lbs for Sidwinder; 412 lbs for Lantirn; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1024 for Phoenix

station_load.10 = 196, -33.5, 11.6, 0.0 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.10 = "Station 8A" // 196lbs for Sidewinder; 72 for TACTS

station_load.11 = 381, -33.5, -5.0, -1.75 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.11 = "Station 2" // 381 for external fuel

station_load.12 = 381, -33.5, 5.0, -1.75 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.12 = "Station 7" // 381 for external fuel

If, for example, all I want is external tanks, will zeroing out the weight on stations 0 to 10 mess up the presence of the fuel tanks on stations 11 and 12? Kind of like when you screw up the sequence of the [flightsim.X] earlier on?

I'm travelling at the moment, so I can't try it - but I also thought the answer would be helpful to some other folks with planes with loadouts that are enabled in this fashion.

I recall on Dave Garwood's Hunter enabling all 4 external tanks using this approach, but this is different, in that I'm proposing to have some stations empty and some filled.

thanks,

dl

I believe a re order will fudge things up because the visual model uses specific index calls for the payload station. IE

station_load.5 = 2433, -27.5, -1.65, -1.25 // Weight(lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
    station_name.5 = "Station 3" // 307lbs for Phoenix Rail; 509 lbs for Sparrow; 1331 for Phoenix+rail; 2433 for GBU31+rail; 1528 for GBU12+rail

The model code to compare to weights and then show proper load is = (A:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:index#, pounds)

If the index is 5 and it equals 0 lbs, show nothing on station 3
    If the index is 5 and it equals 509 lbs, show Sparrow on station 3
    If the index is 5 and it equals 1331 lbs, show Phoenix+rail on station 3
    If the index is 5 and it equals 2433 lbs, show GBU31+rail on station 3
    If the index is 5 and it equals 2433 lbs, show GBU12+rail on station 3

Have you tried a saved flight ( "My F-14 Setup" ) and use that to start off?
    Roman

I believe, although I may be wrong, that if you leave the order alone, and just make the particular station's weight zero, it won't have anything on it when you load in. That's why on the Station's name line, like this one: station_name.3 = "Station 1A" // 196lbs for Sidewinder or nothing
    it specifies a weight to load a specific weapon, "or nothing".
    In other words, unless that station has the weight specified in the comment, nothing will be there. You can either change the weight entry to 0 lbs, or some specific weight that doesn't match any of the weights in the comment line. Like 500lbs, for ballasting purposes. If you don't have a certain weight on one station, but leave another alone, ie: it has the default weapon on it, it might move the CG out of parameters for proper flight. So it might be necessary to add weight to some other station for ballasting. Not the correct weight for a weapon, just something which will bring the CG back into parameters.

At least that's the way I understand the setup. And you can always put weapons on the stations with the configurator once you're loaded in. Whether you have TP or not. And whatever weight you made the station entry in the aircraft.cfg

I hope this is all correct, anyway. I'm certainly mistaken pretty often...
    Pat☺

Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Blog Entries
    Just got in from travel - and tried it out by just zeroing out the values - bingo. Worked like a charm.

I've kept the tanks and AIM-9s, and that's my default now for all the F-14D flights, at least for now.

Thanks!

dl

Blog Entries

Missing repaints

Just a small request - not related to the original thread, but not really worthy of it's own.

I'm trying to download 3 repaints from the SOH Library - they keep timing out at 99%. Anyone else seeing this? If indeed these files are corrupt, does some kind soul have them that they can forward? They're 2 nice paints by member Golakers and 1 paint by member Flewpastu

Here they are:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-F-14D-2-0-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-by-Emilio-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-F14D-PMTC-zip

Many kind thanks in advance.

dl

I don't know if it makes any difference, but the latest Tomcat is v2.4, and, at least the first texture you linked, is for the v2.0 .
    Also, I didn't have any trouble, they all downloaded quite nicely for me.

I don't know that it would help, but have you tried clearing your browser history, cookies, and the temp files? It might solve the trouble.
    Also, do you only try to dl at a certain time of day? Try after midnight (2400) EST, or maybe early in the AM? Sometimes things get a little busy at specific times of day. After kids get home from school, early evening, and working hours (0900-1700 local time to you). It can cause downloads to not, if you see what I mean.

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pat,

All sorted now - was trying from my daytime laptop. Worked fine from my sim pc.

Thx,

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0