PTO-RS Uploaded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PTO-RS Uploaded

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

PTO-RS Uploaded

I've uploaded the all-in-one PTO-RS file to mediafire. Here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1cbj54...Below_.7z/file

Hope this helps. Please make this a sticky. Regards,Scott

edit: updated to the complete package d/l link by moderator
    Last edited by hairyspin; July 28th, 2018 at 10:10.

Cheers! Thanks Again

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Thanx Scott...
    BTW, did you get your PTO running? Oh, and is this download all inclusive (hot fixes etc.) ?
    cheers

Blog Entries
    Yes,PTO-RS runs fine for me. It's the all in one file. Includes everything.

Blog Entries
    There is one file left out. A special update Beaufort package . Here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/file/akbf17...stall_Pack.zip This should be it that i know of. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    You MUST follow instructions given in the sticky for ETO and PTO-RS to get them to function properly . I followed instructions and have had no problems with either one. I run Win7 64bit. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    I've uploaded the all-in-one PTO-RS file to mediafire. Here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/file/sgo3s4...In_One_Pack.7z Hope this helps. Please make this a sticky. Regards,Scott
    Upon installation and following the instructions word for word I come across a missing file,
    CFS3_PTO_Rising_Sun_Rev-Beta-1.0-Installer_part-7.exe is missing. It is the main file with the aircraft, weapons, pylons, guns, spawns, global layer files, and create the desktop shortcuts.

Blog Entries
    You are correct prestone. Did not know file was missing. re-uploaded to media fire all the correct files . Don't know why part 7 was missing. Old link is now dead. Here's a link for all the needed files in a all in one download. Sorry for any problems as i'm new to this. http://www.mediafire.com/file/1cbj54...Below_.7z/file Regards, Scott

edit: the link in post#1 has been updated too
    Last edited by hairyspin; July 28th, 2018 at 10:11.

Cheers! downloading it right now.

SOH-CM-2020
    If anyone develops problems with the Rising Sun bat files, I have a set taking an alternative approach, uploaded here at SOH.

What is the status here, I last missed the PH ships in 2012, if we have models for them at all in CFS 3....

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    What is the status here, I last missed the PH ships in 2012, if we have models for them at all in CFS 3....
    They are included in the Rising Sun install,the ships were all repainted by Talon.

Hi all - first time posting so hopefully I've got this right.

I was having a lot of trouble with the PTO-RS all-in-one installation. I tried maybe 6 times on 3 different windows 10 machines, one is running WIN10PRO x64, the other two are both WIN10HOME x64 but without any success on any of them. I was positive that I was following the instructions to the letter, but every time I tried to perform the initial start after installation of part 7, I'd get a really brief spinning wheel to indicate that windows was thinking about it, then nothing - no splash screen, nothing in the task manager. Every time.

I managed to fix it by following the guide up to part 7, performing the MultiCFS3 step, then before doing anything else, I copied my CFS3config.exe and CFS3.exe from my vanilla install into my PTO RS install, overwriting the files in the PTO RS folder. Then I ran CFS3config.exe in the PTO folder and exited CFS3config from the file menu; and checked that the compatibility settings in the CFS3.exe were WINXP SP3 and run as administrator. This time, when I double clicked the CFS3.exe in the PTO-RS folder it all worked! Splash screen, intro video and on into the game. Had a quick fly about then followed the remaining instructions to finish and configure the Theater Selecter. All working perfectly.

So, for me it was just copying over the CFS3config.exe and CFS3.exe from my vanilla install that fixed my problem.

I hope that helps somebody else out. Thanks to all for the guidance thus far.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing the info. Just about to do a complete re-install and this may help out. Regards,Scott

Just downloaded PTO and installed it and I'm having a strange problem that I'm wondering if someone can help me with. I can travel to any theater but every time my settings disappear. Screen resolution, button assignments, realism options etc. I have Windows 7 and it keeps creating a second folder in my c: documents and settings/bill/application data/Microsoft...
    It also doubles up in the folder in C: documents and settings/bill/appdata/roaming/Microsoft/...
    Any ideas?
    Thanks ahead of time!

Billsponge

Never mind. I figured it out 🙂Great expansion! Kudos to all who designed and organized this.

Blog Entries
    Glad you found the problem. Sorry you had to fix it by yourself. About to re-install it myself after a long time. Glad you are enjoying it ! Regards,Scott

It was my fault. Not paying attention. Had C: docs and settings directory path wrong.
    These expansions are like a whole new game!

Just downloading this Scott. Muchios Gracias to all concerned in it's creation. Keep you posted on any hiccups/solutions etc, should it be required. Gordy

Blog Entries
    I used a PDF file for instructions on how to install and it went easy . I'm using win10 and no problems so far.

I installed RS-PTO via the all in one download, followed the instructions to the letter, but couldn't get the executable to launch; I replaced it with the one from my main CFS3 install and it worked perfectly! I'm running Win11 and don't know if that's the problem (it causes all my other problems), but the game didn't install the 5 shortcuts on my desktop. I tried changing the theater using the RS theater selector bat file in the directory, and although it allowed me to select a theater, the game CTD'd on launch (it displayed the Pearl Harbor loading screen before crashing). I also installed this on an identical laptop (my teen and I want to fly together online so I was doing dual installs), and his laptop had the same issue- except the bat file displayed several errors and then a popup announced it couldn't find CFS3.exe I re-installed the CFS3.exe from the RS install but that didn't help. I'm at a loss as to the problem and how to solve it, but I'm happy we can actually fly together in Hellcats (he's been a fan ever since he first watched them on 'Dogfights'. We flew BoB missions via GameRanger in 2020 when everyone was home, so we're going to do the same thing in the PTO. Any advice is most welcome, and sincere thanks to the folks who knocked this together!

Other installs working? Installing in \Program Files (x86) or direct into C:\? Running with Windows XP SP3 compatibility?
    Last edited by mongoose; January 9th, 2022 at 11:27.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Just a thought, did you miss modifying the 'Rising_Sun_Theater_Selector' batch file in the main folder?

It has to reflect where your AppData file is (7 times). Example:
    "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\C FS3 PTO Rising Sun________"

Thanks for the replies! (And apologies for not being able to figure out how to do line breaks ) Mongoose- it's in C:/Program Files (not x86) and my main CFS3 runs fine. So does RS, I used the mission builder and created/flew two missions last night. Everything checks out, except I can't change to any other theater. Firestorm- yes, the theater batch file has been edited with the copied address from the app data folder. When I installed the game, it continually prompted me for Admin permission (that's how my laptop is set up)- is it possible that the game isn't looking in my personal profile but in an admin profile for the directory calls? Thank you both for you help- it's great to see the community still active when so many others have faded away.

Blog Entries
    The install SHOULD be in your Program Files(X86) folder ,or elsewhere-(another separate HD). Never in your main program files folder, (may cause severe problems). You should right click on your CFS3 .exe file in the main PTO-RS sim folder and select properties. Then you should set to administration privileges to all privilages, in users ,in the security settings. Then you shouldn't have any more problems. Hope this helps. Let us know if not. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 19