FSXBA Hornet - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FSXBA Hornet

Thanks Pat,I appreciate you taking the time to explain your little sidestep to having extra fuel tanks on FSXBA Hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Brand new user to this version. Probably a dumb question, and I've certainly tried to figure it out using the included manual and scanning the cockpit - but how do you turn on the FCS? I have an "FCS INOP" message in my HUD that won't go away. I tried the FCS reset on the left side panel.
    Unless PhantomTweak wants to repeat on SOH, here is the thread start on FCS issues. The system is on by default once the gens come online.
    http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...16514.150.html
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Unless PhantomTweak wants to repeat on SOH, here is the thread start on FCS issues. The system is on by default once the gens come online.http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...16514.150.html
    And I don't
    That was a lot of typing. My poor fingers would wear away to little nubs...

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Took me forever to get rid of the FCS Fail -- had to install the SDK to get SimConnect updated, install the latest FSUIPC, and move the P3D-specific files to the right place.

Worth the frustration, though! What an amazing plane! And it flies a whole lot better and more realistically with the FCS active.

Blog Entries
    Wondering (am away from sim pc) if anyone has done a transplant of the latest VC into the Captain Sim D model. I'd expect loadout and stores functionality would be lost?

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Wondering (am away from sim pc) if anyone has done a transplant of the latest VC into the Captain Sim D model. I'd expect loadout and stores functionality would be lost?

cheers,

dl
    Yes, I have, and yes, it is lost!
    I did do bit of recoding though, so the stores manager would work with the weapons modeled on the CS D.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Yes, I have, and yes, it is lost!
    I did do bit of recoding though, so the stores manager would work with the weapons modeled on the CS D.
    Well that's encouraging, Dave!

The "physical" vc likely won't give me an issue, just fussing with eyepoint stuff, and having all the relevant textures etc. But the coding part I'm curious about.

If there's any tips you could share, I'd be most grateful, since I have no idea where to start. FWIW, I'm looking for just a center tank (and maybe the wing tanks) and the AIM-9s, at most.

Cheers,

dl

I'll have to go back and see exactly what I did, can't remember all the details of the top of my head.

Good job gents for not asking "jimi" about the D model on the FSD thread! I may need to see the CS X-Load B/D in P3D.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I did a merge of the 32 bit FSXBA VC and the CS Delta in P3Dv3. It was relatively straight forward. But I was not worried about Tacpack. The configurator for the CS model worked though.

Blog Entries
    Thanks gents,

Good point on the CS model's own stores configurator. If no one posts up their VC coordinates, I'll put up mine tonight when I'm done.

cheers,

dl

Blog Entries
    Well, the good news is the VC popped in using the existing eyepoint coordinates. A quick flight appeared to show the main systems worked.

I get a red "FCS Fail" error on the HUD, and it appears there's a call to the fcs.dll that somehow isn't working properly.

I don't have any form of stores generator, though mapping to the "training" appears to hardcode in the centerline tank - I'm ok with that.

Also, never got the D canopy texture (in spot view) to look right - almost invisible.

I suppose all this talk about the D is off topic in this thread, but if anyone has addressed these to suitable satisfaction, the help would be most appreciated.

cheers,

dl

I get a red "FCS Fail" error on the HUD, and it appears there's a call to the fcs.dll that somehow isn't working properly.
    Remember, P3D doesn't come with FA-18.dll, which you must have. The way to get it is to copy it over from an FSX Acceleration install, or FSX:SE.

You must also be sure you're utilizing the correct Hornet_FCS.dll file for the P3D version you have. The 64 bit .dll is different from the 32 bit one.
    You must also have the correct Simconnect, FSUIPC, .NET Framework, C++ Redistributable, and so on installed.

Hope this all helps somehow.
    With the FCS fail message, the thing that makes the FSXBA Hornet such an amazing bird, the FCS, is disabled. Of course, using the CS Hornet, you may not be able to apply the FCS to it anyway...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I don't know about the FSX version, but the latest version for P3d v4 doesn't use the old FA-18.dll as it won't work in v4 anyway.
    I copied the complete FSXBA panel.fleet into the CS F18D folder along with the contents of the texture folder, the air and TacPack.ini files. Also edited the CS aircraft.cfg with most of the info from the FSXBA aircraft.cfg. No "FCS fail" message, everything works as it should.

Blog Entries
    Hi gents,

I’m not running P3D-am in FSX-A.

Since the latest FSXBA Hornet runs fine with no errors, I’m confused as to why the dll error.

I’ll review the VC transplant again tonight.

Thx.

PS - I apologize for bringing in the CS "D" model into this - it's bringing in P3D commentary also which isn't really helping either - I'll start a separate thread on the D model merge for FSX.

thanks,

dl
    Last edited by delta_lima; July 20th, 2018 at 08:45.

Not so easy this one in P3Dv4. the FSXBA VC is showing alright, but no landing gear, no controls (meaning that the stick and rudder don't work)... And even though the FSXBA Single seater is working perfectly, I get an FCS error on the hud...

Hoping there is a solution for this, as it is a brilliant model and with the FSXBA VC, it is even better!

Priller

Just a note here rather than starting a new thread on the P3Dv4 forums: I installed the P3Dv4.3 client and content today. But
    when I loaded the F-18c, I had "FCS Fail" in red on the HUD. Nothing I tried in P3Dv4.3 seemed able to remove it. When I rolled
    back to the P3Dv4.2 client and content, the red FCS Fail was gone. So there's something new in the P3Dv4.3 update that doesn't
    agree with the F-18c..

Just thought I would mention, particularly since the F-18c is rapidly becoming one of my favorite planes.

- RobM

Dunno, I'm on 4.3 and the FCS works fine.

Yeah, it works in 4.3, but you have to be sure to drag the folders for the P3D specific files into your panel. Also, the instruments may need to be in your main gauges folder; I was getting the FCS error when I just had them in the Panel folder.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Also, the instruments may need to be in your main gauges folder; I was getting the FCS error when I just had them in the Panel folder.
    Thank you! Yes, moving the Gauges from the panel.fleet folder to the Sim's main gauges folder, along with deleting the extra
    "HornetFCS.dll" in the panel.fleet folder, got rid of the "FCS FAIL".

I don't know why the plane was working ok in P3Dv4.2. I guess the upgrade to 4.3 changed some background file or other.

Thanks again - RobM

FSXBA - newbe questions...

Just downloaded the 18.3 version and am very impressed with the work.
    Going thru the threads on the website gives a lot of information but I am missing where a manual
    might be located. I found an FSX default hornet specific manual but is there something for the FSXBA..?

The second and from what I understand is a delicate subject, the FA-18D. I can appreciate what must be significant differences
    between the 15.6 version which I downloaded and the current 18.3 C. What I am seeing though is missing textures on the D.
    Does anyone have a solution..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18D.jpg  

That's been a problem since that plane came out. Unfortunately, the dev that made the .mdl file for the plane is no longer available for permission to change the file. If he were still around, the .mdl file could be changed to accommodate the missing textures.
    There've been a lot of people try to fix the blue situation, but to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever found a solution. If someone managed to use MCX to decompile it and fix the problem, without permission from the original author, there's no publishing it for others to use.
    So, the blue remains, and always will, unless the original dev manages to make a return.
    Since I've heard from "reliable sources" that he may have passed on, it's unlikely that he'll be granting any permissions in the near future

Does this help at all? Not super useful, I realized, and I'm sorry. Best I can offer, though.
    Have fun, if you can take the blue problem in stride
    Pat☺

PS: As to a manual. Did you look in the plane's \Extras\Documentation folder? Yes, the manual in it is for an older version plane, but most of the information is still fairly useful. Not ALL of it, and many things have been changed, but those things can be found in the thread. It's kind of a round-about way to find the information you're looking for, but better than nothing.
    Jimi and Orion are working on a new manual for the latest versions, but since there's more, newer ones, coming out soon, it's one of those projects on a back-burner. The plane is getting new versions so rapidly, that any manual they were to write would be out-of-date as soon as they publish it.
    PSB
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Thanks.
    What has me puzzled is that with one release of separate weapons on the v15.6 model there are thumbnail
    pictures showing what look to be complete textures. I think the problem is that there was an older "base" texture that had 18D
    specific textures. Trying to find it is the challenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail - Copy.jpg   thumbnail - 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Thanks.
    What has me puzzled is that with one release of separate weapons on the v15.6 model there are thumbnail
    pictures showing what look to be complete textures. I think the problem is that there was an older "base" texture that had 18D
    specific textures. Trying to find it is the challenge.
    Are older versions of the D model still available?

Priller

solution

The only "D" version I have found so far is v15.6.
    The trouble has been that progressive versions were aliased to base and older textures.

This will be painful as you sort out what model and texture(s) you want. But it does work, see pics.

Models here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=14916.0

File name:"CP_F18_4_N"
    Missing texture file here. Read text file as it identifies texture needed. http://www.mediafire.com/file/x54t7m.../FA-18_C_D.zip

Notice 2 seater models here. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg94146.html#msg94146

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BA 18D.jpg   NASA.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2