The Best Clipper - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best Clipper

The key for the pilots on the S-43 is the \, I think, but I'm on a Spanish keyboard where it is Ç. Anyway, it's over on the right, by the enter key. You also need to edit the panel.cfg to make the radio behind the curtain work. it's in the readme, and that's not me saying "RT*M", but me saying it from memory.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

ah thanks so much for that key...i will try that out asap.

Terry THANKS a MILLION!!! i will love having a good terminal in Hawai'i thanks so much for that linkey.

ok, well i did get the terminal loaded and they say over on the source site it should work....i just may not know how to find them...i was looking in the airport list in the Make A Flight section and did not see any of the Pan Am terminals listed...is there a way to get to them? i will keep trying.

I am hoping to be able to add some interior spaces to Mike's plane if he gives an ok, i will try to reach him.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Chris, the panel that comes with that package from Flightsim should be Mike's original. But if you need it, I have a copy of the final version exe installer that Mike published before he closed up shop and started building wooden ships. Just let me know and I'll PM you a link.

And as far as adding to the interior, the only possibility would be to add static view bitmaps to the panel. Otherwise, you'd need the original source code, which Mike never released as a matter of policy. Matter of fact, he probably doesn't even have the source files anymore.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    ah thanks so much for that key...i will try that out asap.

Terry THANKS a MILLION!!! i will love having a good terminal in Hawai'i thanks so much for that linkey.

ok, well i did get the terminal loaded and they say over on the source site it should work....i just may not know how to find them...i was looking in the airport list in the Make A Flight section and did not see any of the Pan Am terminals listed...is there a way to get to them? i will keep trying.

I am hoping to be able to add some interior spaces to Mike's plane if he gives an ok, i will try to reach him.
    Here is an AFCAD for it, just remove the text extender.

Tom thanks ..i sent you a PM. Much appreciated.

Terry, thanks a heap for that file, dl successfully and very much appreciated. I found a nice US Navy skin for the M 130, which is great to have, so my research continues with gratitude to all who have worked to make these classics available to us all. and dhasdell, you are totally correct, the slash key makes the pilots appear! that is great to have a virtual hand on the controls that made me nervous and I expect the passengers (virtual) even more so.

thanks again to all hands for all the help
    Admin

That S-43 is a real favourite of mine. Download Glenn Miller and Artie Shaw and play them on the radio behind the curtain, fly at dusk and it's an experience to treasure.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

thanks, I love the music of that era, i have in fact some thousands of hits from the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s ...there is a site that has them archived for a subsim, i will get the linkey you may enjoy having them, huge dl but well worth the days it takes >

Admin

Railgunner, there IS a 314 upgrade for FX here is the link and info...from Flightsim i thought i had seen one and i went looking
    havent tried it as i have FX but it is not installed.
    FSX - FSX Early Aircraft
    FSX Boeing 314 Update

Name: b314upxa.zip Size: 46,115 Date: 09-24-2008 Downloads: 475
    FSX Boeing 314 Update. An update for FSX Acceleration of the Boeing 314 Clipper by Mike Stone. The author has added a basic autopilot toggled with the compass icon; otherwise it is almost the same as the FS2004 update. You need the original aircraft for this to work (SB314.ZIP). You don't need any other update. By Bob Chicilo.

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=127357
    Admin

B314 China Clipper - Payware

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Bill Lyons has done a very nice S-43 as part of the Golden Hawaii package, which is now available for free at Avsim (cc8ghf.zip). While there, get the C-130 by Jens Kristensen as well (m130_v10.zip). Mike Stone did a freeware B-314 without VC, and there's one payware B-314, available in two versions:

http://secure.simmarket.com/pilots-b...nline-v2.phtml

And the 'light' version: http://secure.simmarket.com/pilots-b...-version.phtml

George Diemer did a nice Sikorsky VS-44, which you can find at Flightsim.com (vs44aat.zip and vs44aea.zip)

He also did the S-40, but without a VC, try 's40nc80v.zip', also at Flightsim.com.

Is there any information on a payware B314 that was once for sale...?

Thanks...

I agree, Jens B. Kristensen's boats are great. I was flying the Kent yesterday, what a great plane. I guess all are familiar with the "Hawaii Clipper" mystery.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I do have a question concerning Mr. Stone's B314. I cannot seem to find a neutral trim spot in flight. It seems overly sensitive to trim input, either hard climbing or diving. Is there an adjustment in the aircraft cfg or airfile I could make to make this more realistic?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I agree, Jens B. Kristensen's boats are great. I was flying the Kent yesterday, what a great plane. I guess all are familiar with the "Hawaii Clipper" mystery.
    First I heard of it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Clipper

I feel a flight coming on

This is a pretty informative site on the Hawaiian Clipper. https://lostclipper.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I do have a question concerning Mr. Stone's B314. I cannot seem to find a neutral trim spot in flight. It seems overly sensitive to trim input, either hard climbing or diving. Is there an adjustment in the aircraft cfg or airfile I could make to make this more realistic?
    Look in the [flight_tuning] section for the elevator trim effectiveness line and lower its value a little at a time.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Tom. Will do.