X-Plane Screenshots - Page 9
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Plane Screenshots

Aerostar - Thanks Pam

Thanks for the tip Pam . I picked up the Aerostar. I actually bought it a week ago, but only had a chance to do a quick run around in it tonight. I am very impressed.

A few shots around Cardiff.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Thanks for the tip Pam . I picked up the Aerostar. I actually bought it a week ago, but only had a chance to do a quick run around in it tonight. I am very impressed.

Cheers,
    Isnt she wonderful???? Like i mentioned. I love that plane to death..

All that cotton candy comes at an FPS hit. Thinking of trying one of the third party Weather engines

Matt

Picked up the VSKYLABS C-47 for 18€ (fair price) on friday. It's almost excellent and works well in the 11.30 beta, but requires some tweaks to the control surface trim and autopilot (currently working on that).

The engine-related part of the persistence plugin doesn't work in 11.30 beta yet, but the loading and saving does just fine.

Flying it around Nevada and California is a bit of a challenge though. I really had to look for mountain passes.

Save for the trims, the hand flying characteristics are excellent. Great work by the author!

The model is basically what I wanted to achieve with my FSX/P3D DC-3. Automixture, persistence, a bit of engine management, visual icing, visual rain.

Let's see how well it plays along with that LFRR plugin.

Bonus:

Heeeeheheheheheheeee

some classic Aircraft from the Michael Wilson Collection.

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    some classic Aircraft from the Michael Wilson Collection.

Matt
    I really like Mike Wilsons work.. If your interested in his L-1011 Tristar, you may also enjoy the upcoming Rotate MD-11..
    https://rotatesim.com/category/md-11/

I've certainly been following development of that project Pam... Will likely add to my hangar if I can afford to... looks great.

Matt

Just some weekend fun:

Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

FlyWithLua is great. I've written a complete, dynamic, easy to use, robust and persistent improvement script for the VSKYLABS C-47 with a mere 700 lines of code. In MSFS XML, I would have needed about twice as many lines, if not more. (To be fair, most of the savings are due to the generic UI building blocks provided in FWL's Imgui toolbox.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VSL C-47_6.jpg  

Pam... is that the VSkylabs DC3 you show in your shot?

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Pam... is that the VSkylabs DC3 you show in your shot?

Matt
    Yes indeed. a very nice plane that flies quite well, and at a very reasonable price right now .. I'm loving everything about it ( except maybe the way they executed their pbr.. But that can be worked around..)

I've been resisting the temptation to buy the VSkyLabs DC3 because the Aeroworx one is so nice... but may have to add that to the list.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 47