X-Plane Screenshots - Page 7
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Plane Screenshots

Khamsin P-51D was great I thought... but couldn't resist buying the new incarnation available on x-plane org... now known as SkunkCrafts P-51. A discount is available to owners of the Khamsin version which helped (details in your accounts order).

Matt

SkunkCrafts P-51D

Xtrident Tornado

Hurricane Mk1

Supermarine S-6B

Matt

JCS F4U Corsair

SeaBee

Aerobask Antares 20E

Bell 429

Matt

That's a bonus... I tried the XP10 Saab JA37 Viggen in XP11 and it works ok with some minor defects I can live with. Removed the Cannon as was positioned wrong and the canopy glass transparency looks odd outside from some angles and from inside looks like Night Vision... but still looks and performs ok. The textures appear a bit light and washed out but that is easily remedied in a paint program. I thought this Viggen was the best thing about XP10 so good to be able to use it again... but would obviously love to see it given the full XP11 treatment.

Matt

X-Plane might be the first simulator outside of combat sims in which I've developed something akin to a "home plate" mentality. It's good coming home and even better when it also looks the part.

But as fun as it is, I just wish that it wouldn't crash so often without a single trace.

In the Dutch Mountains

Our first add-on for x-plane. It's like 2000 all over again! Check our facebook if you need to know more. going to be very interesting to interact with a different section of the flight sim community.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   010.jpg  

Wonderful news... flying your Bulldog, Spitfire1 and p-47 seem to be the only reason I fire up my fsx install these days... I do much prefer xp11 overall for a number of reasons... not the least of which is you spend more time flying than waiting for stuff to load.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Wonderful news... flying your Bulldog, Spitfire1 and p-47 seem to be the only reason I fire up my fsx install these days... I do much prefer xp11 overall for a number of reasons... not the least of which is you spend more time flying than waiting for stuff to load.

Matt
    Me too. For me it's cross platform, configuration options and of course the eye candy out of the box. User interface has also seen a massive change for the better. Laminar have done a damn fine job on this release. I've actually spent more time flying in x-plane in the last year than I have in ESP based sims. Weird.
    Saw your post on xplane.org and my vote is also for blender. But you mention some work with 3dsmax and fsds which I think are far more closer to ac3d. I tried ac3d demo but it was a little too clunky for me.

What do you mean by clunky with reference to AC3D?... I'm leaning toward Blender as you say. I have to say though AH developing for XP11 takes away a little from the impetus for me to learn but I may still have a go. For one thing I really want a good Hellcat and having found a Polish book with excellent drawings... it does make it an appealing project for me.

MLADG Mig15

KHAMSIN B17G

MD82

Airbus A380

Matt

XP10 Viggen

Mirage 2000

SkunkCrafts P-51D

CL-415

Matt

Ac3d was very UI focussed. Or it seemed to be, where as I'm more of a keyboard fellow. That said I didnt really try the keyboard shortcuts and the possibilities of writing your own In AC3d. I'd fire up the demo and check it if I were you. I think AC3d was about 90 odd dollars or something similar. I suspect it was one of those cases of " I dont understand this therefore it is #$%" which is something I try not to suffer from but sometimes I do. ( I should really give that kardashian TV series another go, I might not understand it but it also might not actually be $%^# )

I wouldnt stop with developing for x-plane. I hope to see a far more active development like the ESP based sims have. Everyone benefits from more devs. More competition , more competitive pricing , more users being attracted to the sim cos of a smaller entry to the hobby , more eventual sales and the sim has a far more stable future. That's purely from a commercial point of view but I suspect freeware devs would agree?

However the purpose of this thread is screenshots of xplane. so here's my planemaker not entirely xplane but it is to do with x-plane. Not shown is the calculator trying to convert ft into metres and back again.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xplanemaker.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    That's purely from a commercial point of view but I suspect freeware devs would agree?
    Well, more devs are always good. It has become hard to do something notable all by oneself.

And I'm all in favor for more competitive pricing. I know that any regular amount of money does not compensate for the work hours invested into a project at all, but the (regular) pricing of a good part of XP add-ons tends to border on the insane.

Spit 9

SkunkCraft P51

Harrier GR9

XP10 Viggen

Matt

ASDG Super Cub

Grumman Avenger

JRollin CRJ200

RJ100

Matt

Freeware Spit IX - available at .org.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drkstm.jpg  

Great shot there olderndirt.

Have to ho find that gem.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Great shot there olderndirt.

Have to ho find that gem.
    Just posted a couple of days ago - by Dom Henry the Hurricane guy.

Found it...., and some additional liveries as well
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Blog Entries
    Love that Spit IX...thank you!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Being able to run XP11 on a 2016 model laptop is great, but man, sitting in bed, staring onto the 15" screen without glasses and trying to land with an XBox 360 pad as the only controller is really tough.

Dreamfoil Bell 407

Skunkcrafts P51

MLADG Mig 17

Matt

Blog Entries
    Well, I've been switching gears here. The last few days have seen a complete overhaul on all my aircraft with updates where possible and a planned re-organization of my aircraft folder order. I can certainly relate to Bjoerns idea of a home base. I just wish i didnt feel so lost in the world. I've got nowhere to call home. Heh, typical. With a five month long overhaul of my computer starting oct. 3rd, new planes are going to be rare for a while. I'm really glad so many dev's upgraded their products to XP11..

Kalanin K-7

VMax B-777 Worldliner Pro

SSG Embraer E-170 EVO.

Antonov an-148 over nantucket.

Caudron Simone 630

Last edited by warchild; September 23rd, 2018 at 11:18.

Members who have read this thread: 29