Changing a key stroke for an animation effect in xml.

Thread: Changing a key stroke for an animation effect in xml.

Changing a key stroke for an animation effect in xml.

Hi,I am really new to this kind of thing,not new to fsx thou,but here it goes.There is ship,I use,and it has a hangar door that opens,and closes using the exit key stroke,and this achieved by putting a line in your panel.cfg for each aircraft you want to use with,but the problem is,I want to substitute the exit open keystroke for some other key stroke,because it looks weird having to open the cockpit when flying to open the hangar on the ship,I also know I need to find an animation event that has 100 duration time like the exit key stroke has,so if anybody can help me to out,I would really appreciate it.Thanks

This is feasibly possible but it's not for the inexperienced. You could import the ship into ModelConverterX, examine the animations section and identify the animation in question, and assign it a different animation cue - perhaps water rudder or something. You would then need to recompile the model and replace the original model.

This should then allow you to activate the animation using the water rudder key combination.

However, having backed up the original file, this process could prove difficult if the ship contains many complex custom animations. You would also need the FSX SDK and be confident in altering the modeldef.xml file.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Thanks for the answers DC1973,I was hoping it was much easier,so, it uses a xml.cfg to open the hangar couldn't,I just change the keystroke in the xml.cfg to exit 2,3,or flaps,and even the spoiler animation?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Thanks for the answers DC1973,I was hoping it was much easier,so, it uses a xml.cfg to open the hangar couldn't,I just change the keystroke in the xml.cfg to exit 2,3,or flaps,and even the spoiler animation?

You can alter the animation cue in MCX, but when you recompile, if you don't have the developer's custom codes the model will no longer work correctly. I would suggest contacting the developer of the original ship before attempting this as they will have the knowledge of how the model was built. Unless you're already well versed in modelling or willing to learn the process, it's not really something that's easy to change.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 0