Nemeth freeware helicopters: any conversion to FSX native ?

Thread: Nemeth freeware helicopters: any conversion to FSX native ?

Nemeth freeware helicopters: any conversion to FSX native ?

Hi all,

Seeing the recent topics about modified helicopter models and converted FS9 aircraft models to FSX native (Milton's planes for example), and following the topic I created not so long ago about Nemeth helicopters porting well to P3Dv3 ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ters-in-P3Dv3-! ), I was wondering if any of the MDL-experts tried to convert the excellent FS9 freeware russian copters by Nemeth to FSX native format ?

Although they were made for FS9 many years ago, these models are actually still looking awesome, and their virtual cockpits are quite complete and well textured too! In P3Dv3 they look just perfect (unlike FSX, there are no transparency problems or dissappearing parts with FS9 aircrafts...). Their gauges are all in XML format if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), so they would technically work well in P3Dv4 as well, if they would at least be converted to FSX-native...

I have recently converted the ND-MD500 E for my
    personal use.It was able without any problems.

I could have a look at the Mil Mi-2 and perhaps,
    in the meantime, you could ask Nehmet Design
    for permission.

It would be nice to have a mil 2 and ka26 in p3d v4

LouP

George for the past 12mths has been updating all the nemeth fs9 models to fsx and plus

My vote would be the MD500 Defender, I have the MV version, but love the "Little Bird" model ND made to complete my 160th SOAR hangar (several Hawks, A51 MH-47).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I recently ported over their Mi-17 and Mi-24P.

They do work, except for the typical issues with clouds and glass, and rotor shadows.

They're not my favorites to fly as compared to the native helos from ND.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I recently ported over their Mi-17 and Mi-24P.

They do work, except for the typical issues with clouds and glass, and rotor shadows.

They're not my favorites to fly as compared to the native helos from ND.
    And that's the nice thing with P3Dv3: you wouldn't get any of these display problems you mentioned And you would get shadows in the cockpit too (just by porting-over like FSX, no convertion needed)

If you look closely, youl'll notice even the small switches in the left side panel have their own shadow. That cockpit looks spectacular, especially considering it's "age" (it was made for FS9 after all...).

A FSX-native Mi-2 would be such a blast!
    I strongly support this idea!

IIRC, euroastar was working on this very conversion and published a few pictures on FSDeveloper but no news lately.

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekelekou View Post
    A FSX-native Mi-2 would be such a blast!
    I strongly support this idea!

IIRC, euroastar was working on this very conversion and published a few pictures on FSDeveloper but no news lately.
    Yes, he did say he was, but I think he also said he had run into problems. I don't remember whether the problems were technical, or merely too much to do and too little time!

I'd also love to have the little Mi-2 back in my sim. I almost reinstalled FS9 recently, just for the Mi-2 and the Mi-17.

Ian P.

I have just converted, one model of the Mi-2 package.

shots are from P3Dv4

it looks quite okay, but there are some bugs
    Optical issues with the panel.
    The front wheel is immobile.
    ( i've tried different settings )
    The helo flies very well in P3D, but the FS9 XML
    starter gauge doesn't work correctly.
    Its very difficult to bring the engines to running
    and the engine start repeats itself endlessly,
    without you can stop it.
    The windscreen wipers and the fan work
    not either.
    Perhaps George has a solution for that probs.

I'm really glad that some people like you have at least given a try to bringing these helos in P3Dv4.
    The visual problems you mentioned are quite surprising. They are probably a result of the conversion of the model, I suppose ?
    In P3Dv3 the panel looks flawless, as you can see below.

Concerning the starting issues, I remember one of the helos I tried had problems to start, but I don't remember which one. The Mi-24 I couldn't start at all because it was too complex to guess, but the other two started if I remember well... I could be mistaken, it was many months ago and then I got away from my gaming computer because of business trips... Hopefully, the starting gauge can be replaced by a P3D-compatible one...

What's the program you guys are using to do this with?

Thanks
    Greg :USA-flag:

Yes,the conversion are caused the visual issues.
    It seems that the surfaces are sometimes will get shifted.
    I think you have to fix that with GMAX.
    I havn't much experience with GMAX.
    There is a knowing problem with FS9 XML gauges
    in FSX or later sims, especially with the starting procedures.
    They have also to be converted to FSX format, but sadly
    i'm not a XML programmer, so i can't do much here.

Hi Greg,
    There was a very helpful post here at SOH about the MCX convertion tool .
    See here
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...stion-and-Help

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post

Hi Greg,
    There was a very helpful post here at SOH about the MCX convertion tool .
    See here
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...stion-and-Help

Thanks for your help
    Greg :USA-flag:

Didn't quite escape.
    I copied the Mi-17 lock, stock and two smoking engines into an earlier version of P3D and couldn't start it from the VC, but from the 2d panels, it started perfectly.

Not sure if that helps, but...?

Ian P.

Blog Entries
    I have all the KA26 and MI2 models converted into FSX native and all gmax files on hand, I don't have the original source for the KA26 attitude indicator which has to be stripped from the FS9 compiled model to get it into the FSX models. VCs need to be completed, but I am a one man show and the only person running Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations (for the last 7-8 years now). I would like the additional help getting my models done and out the door, but no one seems to be interested in helping, so I'm taking time to get my main priorities done before finishing other models. Plus I've been moving into a new house as of late, so little to no time for FSX development.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Blog Entries

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Thanks to Mako8841, a native FSX version of Nemeth Design Kamov Ka-26 is now available here at SOH. Thank you sir!

Note that Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations made the native P3D version 2 years ago... Thanks George!

Scenery: Chisinau LUKK (Moldova) by Drzewiecki Design (free demo) and Hostomel/Antonov UKKM (Ukraine) by Mako8841.

Members who have read this thread: 4