RAF Gütersloh now in development for P3Dv4 as well... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAF Gütersloh now in development for P3Dv4 as well...

Fist of all, RAF Brüggen now and RAF Gütersloh a little later is in progress by getting seasonal textures now. A little strange just because I have to clarify what I am on to what technique I basically prefere for it. Being a bloody newby in that, I have to learn the skills from scratch - in FS9 those days it worked so fine with MDLTweaker.
    Now it will be a mixture of SODE and Model Converter X, but first steps seem to be on a good way.

@ Downwind: Yes indeed, RAF Gütersloh was released in 2013 for FS9 in great collaboration with Pete Beeby.
    Almost all buildings and objects are carried over to the FSX / P3D version.
    Both sceneries - RAF Gütersloh and RAF Brüggen - are being mainly developed in / for FSX. Work stages done for FSX will be checked in P3Dv4 as well. Most of them work fine except for dynamic lighting and some animations that have to be created differently.

At this point I have to ask for patience again, just because I have really few spare time to engage in my hobby. But hopefully, I can show some new shots shortly...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Sorry, just noticed this post was sent twice. Removed the second one here....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Manschy,I don't want to sound "greedy", but is Gutersloh still possible as well? (Crossing fingers.....😁 Pete

Yes, Pete, it is indeed.

Some years ago, RAF Gütersloh was in a nearly nice state - buildings and objects done, seasonals are almost ready, most animations done.
    Then I stupid jackass thought about a change - to take my mind off this scenery, make a short holiday for some days.
    I came across my FS9 RAF Brüggen and that did look nice...just some few buildings here, maybe a quick concrete or grass base there....wow - and Bob's your uncle! 2020!

No, as soon as RAF Brüggen will be ready (fingers crossed it will be still this year (at the latest within January...)), I will make some changes to make it usable for FSX also. But then my next project is to finish RAF Gütersloh for sure! It will also come with the Harrier Hides which were placed at two different operation areas nearby the air base.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Outstanding!!!

I am looking forward to taxiing out of those hangars in a Phantom or Corsair II 😊! Oh, and taking a drive around the base in a Willys jeep!

NC

Have been speding ALL my flight time now around Bruggen and getting famiiliar with the region. Then I remembered you were also working on this nearby airfield. Looks fantastic from the aerial screenshots. Any plans to continue with this project Manschy?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi,

yap indeed. First of all, I am just doing to convert Brüggen for FSX (some minor issues but it seems to be solved next days...). Then I was asked by a friend to help with RAF Akrotiri which I am developing some objects and buildings for.
    And after that, I am going to finish RAF Gütersloh. No idea how long it will take, but hopefully here I will show some new shots near future...It will be for P3Dv4.5 and v5.+ as well...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Wonderful news! I have Henk's (I think?) Wildnrath AB scenery for FSX but there are no buildings showing in P3Dv4 - as usual. Tempted to mod it in P3Dv4 with ADE if I can find some good pictures of airfield. It is in a nice setting and good to do circuits over to Bruggen, Gutersloh and back.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi everybody,

sorry to say, but due to my limited spare time and the season, all my projects are stopped for unforeseeable time. Will report back to you when proceeding...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 1