RAF Gütersloh now in development for P3Dv4 as well...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAF Gütersloh now in development for P3Dv4 as well...

RAF Gütersloh now in development for P3Dv4 as well...

Okay, it's been a while again since I posted last screenshots of RAF Gutersloh_X over there in the FSX forum - meanwhile, I changed from FSX to P3Dv4.2 and there's been a lot of new stuff to learn. I decided you to not annoy with any minor boring details here and there, but in the meantime, there are some few but interesting improvements. So from today, I will share again these steps with the community. All shots taken from P3Dv4.2, but FSX will for sure be concidered as well.
    I have to add, there is really spare time in my life and I would like to request please to not ask for any release dates. I know about the long period of this scenery's development but you can see, it's not dead.

This "new era" I want to start with some overview shots showing how ETUO is fitting into the surrounding area. And how the new ground polygon technique works to imitate photoreal ground without using real photographs. Due to german law, this style was quite easier to work with without any government restrictions or payments.... Some detailed shots will follow shortly, but in no particular order.....so enjoy!

Best regards, Manfred.

Outstanding

We devinitely need more military bases for P3D V4

All I can say is "Amazing work!" You caught my attention a few years back with the Harrier's taxing through the woods, but this just elevates the depth of realism akin to any pay title airfield available. You Sir, have done an outstanding job and I for one, will be spending some nice hours flying into this airfield. Thank you for your efforts and attention to detail.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I'm really looking forward to this, Manschy! It visually looks superb - in all honesty, when I first saw these screenshots on my phone, I thought they were real photographs.

Wow, that's looking great. Than you for posting the previews.

Spectacular work Manfred! It really is looking great.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Thank you all.

Today, I would like to show some few shots of the current night scene atmosphere. In v4, all relevant areas will be illuminated by dynamic lighting (aprons, shelter areas). Also relevant buildings inside will be equipped with dynamic lighting...

Upps - who will find the logical mistake in the last pic?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Very,very nice Manfred. This will be an excellent home for one of our projects.

WHOA! Beautiful! Love the detail work....the overhead structural hangar beams look so cool. NC

That is amazing attention to detail. Awesome work Manfred!

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

SOH-CM-2021
    The wings have been lifted, but not attached to the overhead crane?

Den.

Harrier GR7/9 sitting in the corner.

Great work Manfred.

P3D dynamic lighting is so cool! I love it! Have you seen any FPS issues? How many light sources have you calculated that will be there?

@ Den: Got it, mate

@ Dimus: Depends on the settings in v4. The more to the right, the less frames you will get. But running medium settins, you will be satisfied of course...

@ all: Thank you for your nice comments.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Here a small video that shows some hangar doors at ETUO.
    All hangar doors will be animated by SODE. They come with sound. A big thankyou to Stephen Legg for his outstanding foldable hangar door models. They are almost exactly like they worked those days.

Best regards, Manfred.

Any updates? NC

Coming soon, mate. Just went over RAF Brüggen for a while...
    Best regards, Manfred.

To put in 'Oz Speak'.........Out-Bloody-Standing!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Forgive the dumb question, but can you save aircraft in the actual hangars? This and some others have been beautifully rendered and would love to take advantage of the work put into the great forthcoming work.

Matt

All aircraft models inside the hangars are separate static models and not attached to the hangars. But they will be a little improved by ground personal and hopefully some few light effects...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manschy,

Apologies for asking again but I think you misunderstood because my initial question was not more specific.

Can I save one of my aircraft, from my own virtual hangar (ie. Milviz F-4E), in one of the hangar parking spaces? That way when I pull up the saved scenery, they are already staged inside the hangar(parking spot), ready to be started. Sort of like when you pull up the mission creator and you assign whether to start at the end of Runway XX or in Military Parking spot XX. Hopefully, that makes more sense and thanks for the earlier reply.

Matt

Hi Matt,

sorry that my answer wasn't detailed as needed.

Saying that the aircraft inside the hangars are static means you have to remove them to get parking space, they are not part of the hangars. So that way, you can place your aircraft (I would recommend a Harrier or a Lightning because these aircraft were stationed there...) inside and save it for an operation for sure.
    But mind, those hangars mostly where used for maintenance. I would recommend to use one of the open HAS or the QRA area. That's more the fighter's playground...

Hope I understand it now correctly. Don't be afraid to ask again if you need more information...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manschy,

Thanks for the clarification. You did indeed clear it up. Looking forward to this release because of the attention to detail of an actual military airfield from the latter 20th century and my huge stable of 20th century warbirds needing a valid home. One of those warbirds in indeed a Lightning.

Thanks again.

Matt

Just poking the sleeping giant a bit....I sorely miss the immersion that RAF Gutersloh brought to fs9. Hopefully, an FSX version will be possible. Any updates?

Members who have read this thread: 1