In search of a new computer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In search of a new computer

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Well guys, I'm starting to install FSX on the new machine, and I didn't get far. I inserted the disc for FSX and got an error popup that the side by side configuration is incorrect. Have you guys been through this?

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Well guys, I'm starting to install FSX on the new machine, and I didn't get far. I inserted the disc for FSX and got an error popup that the side by side configuration is incorrect. Have you guys been through this?
    Hey QS , Google "FSX side by side error". Seems it's looking for an xx86.dll. Several fixes (-all same same) available in the surf.

Ive not experienced it before but you know this place. Somebody will eventually pop in with the solution without google!

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries

Thanks Steve.

In the end this come down to three things. First any computer running less then 8BG or RAM is still almost lost in the modern era of gaming. Second., you need a good ATI or nVidia graphics card. and third a processor over 3 Ghx.

I am not going to put a list of what to buy. because i have even seen high end computers get chocked up on some of these flight sims.

Hell i have an older rig in my office, and it still runs just about everything flight sim i have.

It has FS9, FSX, CFS2, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 aboard it. Tons of payware aircraft for all of them. And well i am getting good framrates with good graphics. Hell the system here is the following.

ASUS P5Q Pro
    Intel Q9650 Quad core processor over clocked to around 3.5 ghz
    8 GB or RAM
    ATI Radion HD6890 series video card.with I GB GDDR5 video RAM. (This card still holds its own even in modern shooters)

You don't have to spend tons of money to get a good system up and running to handle any of our flightsims. You just have to remember to remember the three things. Good RAM count of 8 GB plus of RAM, good video card that can support DX10 or higher with a good VRAM count, and a processor set up to run over three Ghz.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Members who have read this thread: 0