Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 released - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 released

Blog Entries
    I missed this set of releases during my FS absence last year. Thanks for bringing it up to the fore, and thanks to Thomas et al for a fantastic package. The Mark 2 is absolutely gorgeous.

Mako, I'd love to see your repaints - it's a worthy subject, and you're a good repainter!

cheers,

dl

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I had the Soloy Mark 2 amphib up for a flight a short time ago and got a lockup - frozen screen - after about 10 minutes of flight. After running the Windows task manager to see what was going on, I got a notice on the screen saying, "Critical error - failed to create DirectX device." Is this connected to the aircraft, or is there an issue with the computer?

The models are non-critical at all - I never got a message like this. Perhaps critical is the 3rd party used avionic, are they updated, how installed etc. If you run the Soloys in P3DV4, you should change Doug´s dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll to the 64-bit version (and rename it with _tr).

I am working on an updated model of Mark 2, which is not released yet with a lot of improvements for P3DV4/5 (cabin/panel lighting, PBR). But this will need a lot of time.

Thomas

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, I should have mentioned I'm running the aircraft in FSX Gold Edition. System rundown: AMD Phenom II X4 940 processor, 3.00 GHz, 12.0GB RAM, 64-bit OS, with an AMD Radeon R9 380 Series card.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Starting about a week ago I began to see an unusual thing on this computer. I was working on an aircraft's folder, copying files to another folder and after highlighting the pertinent file and hitting "copy," as usual I went to the other folder and right-clicked that folder to paste the other file into it. Instead of the dialog box with "paste" among other things in it, I got the dialog box with a black filler. Moving the cursor down the interior of the box produced what is normally in that box, however, it was revealed layer after layer as the black covering was stripped away line by line, not as a single group of various commands on a white background normally in that box.

After seeing this I eventually did a shutdown-restart of the machine. After hitting the "shut down" button, the system ran through its normal shutdown process until it stopped for a while. I went to a normal view of the screen and found a small dialog box came into view in the center of the screen saying a program in Windows was not letting Windows close down. It could not pause nor close, I had to force a shutdown. So far after restart everything seems to be working OK. So now my question is could this program that froze Windows at the very end of the shutdown process be somehow related to my earlier lockups in FSX with the Soloy aircraft and Mr. Noriega's Piaggio P.180 as well - which also locked up the machine?

I've noted both aircraft used Doug Dawson's sound file/gauge and am wondering if somehow there is an incompatibility in my system with this file.

EDIT: I checked the modules folder for that copy of FSX and there is no dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll file or anything similar to it in that modules folder. Don't the .dll files go into the Modules folder?

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Starting about a week ago I began to see an unusual thing on this computer. I was working on an aircraft's folder, copying files to another folder and after highlighting the pertinent file and hitting "copy," as usual I went to the other folder and right-clicked that folder to paste the other file into it. Instead of the dialog box with "paste" among other things in it, I got the dialog box with a black filler. Moving the cursor down the interior of the box produced what is normally in that box, however, it was revealed layer after layer as the black covering was stripped away line by line, not as a single group of various commands on a white background normally in that box.

After seeing this I eventually did a shutdown-restart of the machine. After hitting the "shut down" button, the system ran through its normal shutdown process until it stopped for a while. I went to a normal view of the screen and found a small dialog box came into view in the center of the screen saying a program in Windows was not letting Windows close down. It could not pause nor close, I had to force a shutdown. So far after restart everything seems to be working OK. So now my question is could this program that froze Windows at the very end of the shutdown process be somehow related to my earlier lockups in FSX with the Soloy aircraft and Mr. Noriega's Piaggio P.180 as well - which also locked up the machine?

I've noted both aircraft used Doug Dawson's sound file/gauge and am wondering if somehow there is an incompatibility in my system with this file.

EDIT: I checked the modules folder for that copy of FSX and there is no dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll file or anything similar to it in that modules folder. Don't the .dll files go into the Modules folder?
    How hot was the room when it happened? That sounds like a graphics card issue, like something that happens when it's overheating.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I can't give you an exact thermometer reading, but I'd guess probably in the mid to higher 70s. Coastal Georgia can get a little warm this time of year. We have central air, but I do have a large ceiling fan going all the time in the room, and the room is on the shady side of the house.

EDIT: My time to admit to a little ancient history. The last dsd_fsx_xml_sound file in my FSX setup was dated 2014. I changed it to the 2018 edition so maybe that will help things a bit. Will check that out today.

No, if you use FSX there is nothing to do. Doug´s dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.gau should be in panel folder. (the mentioned dll is 64-bit only, sorry about wrong info).

Thomas

I can't give you an exact thermometer reading, but I'd guess probably in the mid to higher 70s. Coastal Georgia can get a little warm this time of year. We have central air, but I do have a large ceiling fan going all the time in the room, and the room is on the shady side of the house.

EDIT: My time to admit to a little ancient history. The last dsd_fsx_xml_sound file in my FSX setup was dated 2014. I changed it to the 2018 edition so maybe that will help things a bit. Will check that out today.
    I use both FSX:ACC and FSX:SE, and that dsd gauge messes me up all the time. I usually just remove it if I'm having a problem with a plane. Getting all the paths to really work is a major pain in the butt. I have yet to really figure out the nomenclature it's looking for. Seems as though it's written in UNIX trying to integrate with Windows. Plus, even if I have it right, I've had other issues with it. Just my experience, I'm not judging the gauge or other people's use of it. It's very popular.

Leave the original dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.gau in the panel-folder with the original T206H_sound.ini. They are working. This sound system controls only cockpit sounds and is active, if panel is loading with interior model (VC), see panel.cfg entry.

If you have a different version with the same file name in modules, this could make troubles. Take care with updating dsd gauges - there are 64-bit versions out, but if you use fsx, only 32-bit are working, perhaps, this is your trouble.

Thomas

I can't find any mention of a paint kit for V2. Was one ever released? I thought the one for V1 would work but not quite. I guess I could do some cutting&pasting to get one put together, but it would be nice to have one done correctly.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I can't find any mention of a paint kit for V2. Was one ever released? I thought the one for V1 would work but not quite. I guess I could do some cutting&pasting to get one put together, but it would be nice to have one done correctly.
    Anyone at all really. . .someone knows!

Current System Specs:

Never mind, I've built one myself!

Current System Specs:

Fantastic work all around. It is also one of the best VR headset aircraft around in my opinion. Easy readable gauges and no problems working the cockpit.

Rotorhub

A few shots of a personal livery to use as I travel around the Bahamas:

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    Nice livery, Ed!!!

Totally suits the plane and the locale.

Nice to see this threat sticky again! Unfortunately, I was on a business trip and couldn't answer. Sorry, I didn't release a repaint kit for the latest versions of Mark 1 and Mark 2 because nobody asked for it. For Mark 1 you can use the older one I uploaded one year ago here on SOH. Mark 2 is a bit different, you can see it on new repaint of Falcon409.

Perhaps its time to release one for Mark 2 now. I did one, but now I have to verify first, if it covers the last version. Tomorrow I will upload it.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Nice to see this thread sticky again! Unfortunately, I was on a business trip and couldn't answer. Sorry, I didn't release a repaint kit for the latest versions of Mark 1 and Mark 2 because nobody asked for it. For Mark 1 you can use the older one I uploaded one year ago here on SOH. Mark 2 is a bit different, you can see it on new repaint of Falcon409.

Perhaps its time to release one for Mark 2 now. I did one, but now I have to verify first, if it covers the last version. Tomorrow I will upload it.

Thomas
    Good new Thomas, I have several repaints in the que but with this announcement I'll hold off to get the correct kit for the Mk2

Current System Specs:

I uploaded the Mark 2 paint kit some hours ago here in library. Inside are 2048 DXT5 DDS with alpha, 4096 Corel Photopaint cpt and 4096 Adobe Photoshop psd for the exterior models.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    I uploaded the Mark 2 paint kit some hours ago here in library. Inside are 2048 DXT5 DDS with alpha, 4096 Corel Photopaint cpt and 4096 Adobe Photoshop psd for the exterior models.

Thomas
    Thank you sir!!

Current System Specs:

The paint kit is available now in library. Have fun painting.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=25512 the p3d one is the same

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    A few shots of a personal livery to use as I travel around the Bahamas:

Beautiful livery , Ed !

I'd love to have one like this for the float version. Hopefully you will upload.

Thank-you.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Aircraft Config Panel Shows with 1/2 Screen in FSX

Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded this beauty in the Mark 2 version, and noticed whenever I call up the Aircraft Configurator, my screen is reduced to 1/2 the original size. The configurator works fine, and I get back to full screen once I exit from the popup Configurator panel. Any ideas how I can avoid this from happening and have the configurator panel show with a full screen - that is , without having to physically drag down the lower bottom edge with my mouse cursor ? Must be something in the panel config for the aircraft - perhaps a window needs to be resized, or ? Any help would be appreciated very much. Pics of what I see in FSX are below here. Thank-you.

FSX without AC Config Panel displayed :

FSX with AC Config Panel displayed :

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

yes, can be a panel.cfg issue. Did not noticed that, yet. In VC display should be normal.

Thomas

Members who have read this thread: 3