Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 released

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Will the paints from Mark 1 V4 work with the Mark 2 V1....?
    All good. I managed to get them to work.

Thank you for an amazing aircraft. Having so much fun with her.

Timmy, yes and no - they are very similar, but there are some modifications on it. I just working on Sentinal version of Mark 2. Its the Law Enforcement development with a bigger wingspan, bigger rudder and other improvements, need some days to verify possible texture changes. Perhaps wait some days, paintkit will come.

Thomas

Brilliant model Thomas, THANKS!!

With some minor tweaking the Mk I textures work well.

Beautiful! A new favorite! Two quick questions...

1) Is it possible to map the beta switch to a yoke button? If so, what command would I look for?

2) There appear to be places for digits on the engine instruments, but I'm not seeing any. Is that something I'm not seeing on my rig or is it not included? I'm totally fine with analog gauges...just curious!

Thanks to all involved to a fine flying and well designed model! Any chance of seeing the 207 version someday (I know, I know...beggars )?
    America never stopped being great.

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Beautiful! A new favorite! Two quick questions...

1) Is it possible to map the beta switch to a yoke button? If so, what command would I look for?

2) There appear to be places for digits on the engine instruments, but I'm not seeing any. Is that something I'm not seeing on my rig or is it not included? I'm totally fine with analog gauges...just curious!

Thanks to all involved to a fine flying and well designed model! Any chance of seeing the 207 version someday (I know, I know...beggars )?

I don´t have any knowledge about special hardware configuration. But the beta switch on Mark1/2 follows (L:GroundIdle, bool) value, the fuel/Flight on Mark 2 (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL VALVE:1, bool).

And no, a C207 Turbine Pac is not on my list. Sorry, that would be another year of development - it is a total different aircraft.

Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks for the guidance. I'll see if I can make it work.

I totally understand about the 207, and am perfectly pleased with the 206. She's one of the best flying turboprops I have...if not the best. Thanks!
    America never stopped being great.

Thomas,

Been flying the Mark 2 a lot recently, as I finally got back in flight simming mood. One question however: having issues with instrument lighting. I can't get it to work. The appropriate switch appears to have no effect.

Any suggestion?

With thanks,
    CrazyCanuck
    formely know as BigBry
    Flight "sinner" since 1989

CC, sorry, there is no instrument lighting at daytime - only in night time. But the new WIP MK2 Sentinel has full instrument backlighting also at daytime. Its a real VFR/IFR one.

Thomas

Many thanks for such a prompt reply! Really looking forward to that next creation of yours!
    CrazyCanuck
    formely know as BigBry
    Flight "sinner" since 1989

Great Plane but one glitch

I can't bring up the Configuration panel. Shift+1 does nothing for me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I can't bring up the Configuration panel. Shift+1 does nothing for me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
    Maybe uninstall and reinstall?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Maybe uninstall and reinstall?
    I have done that a couple of times and it hasn't helped.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Thanks,

Tom

This is weird - what´s about the other 2D-windows? Do they open? Are you sure, you hit key shift together with key 1? Did you change any of these key allocationsin FS?

Thomas

Thomas,

You nailed it. The Shift+1 was blanked out in FSX and all the others had numbers assigned.

Thanks so much. It is sure nice to have some whiz kids around.

Tom

download

How do I download this Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    After the Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 1 now brand new availible: the newer Cessna T206H Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 2.

Mark 2 features:

9 different models with 12 repaints.

- FSXA (and P3DV4+) natively compiled models - Individual airfiles by Alexander M. Metzger created according to the original models
    - fully animated exterior and interior models
    - Sound system corresponding to the Rolls-Royce 250-B17/F2
    - A detailed VC with cockpit sounds and mouse tooltips
    - All models are prepared to use alternative avionics like F1 G500/600, F1 GTN 750/650, F1 GNS, Bendix KLN 90B and RXP GNS. Instructions for the installation of RXP GTN are included.
    - Night lighting
    - 3D lights
    - 2048 and 4096 HD textures - models are designed for 4096 x 4096 pixels.
    - Bump textures, gloss effects controllable via alpha
    - Configuration window/tool to turn on/off some model add-ons and avionics
    - VCRain windshield effects
    - GPU with function and sound
    - Models can be installed outside the simulator (or other hard disk)

Mark 2

Mark 1 in new V4.0

Both are different planes!

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by _wombat_ View Post
    How do I download this Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 ?
    It's in the SOH Library, FSX Aircraft -> FSX Civilian Props, but you'll have to page down quite a bit, it was released back in March 2018.

-Rob

thanks

Thanks Rob for the feedback, will go there now.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    It's in the SOH Library, FSX Aircraft -> FSX Civilian Props, but you'll have to page down quite a bit, it was released back in March 2018.

-Rob

Has anyone figured out to get the RXP GTNs in the VC? I followed the directions but still had the GNS in there. I used the rxp replace tool and got them in the VC but I still have the 3d knobs for the GNS.

Thanks,
    LouP

Never mind, figured it out. Just needed to select the F1 GTN after installing the mods and all worked out. Looks great. Thank you for such a cool aircraft.

LouP

FlightPort Cessna T206H Soloy MK2

Hello, Another fine aircraft! Can't buy one better! Just wanted to know if I can submit repaints here on SOH... Thanks.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Just want to say it’s been almost one year since it’s release. It continues to be one of the best aircraft in FSX, payware or freeware. Although I’m predominantly x-plane, I do fly this a lot in P3D.

thanks again to the team who put this together. You are all rock stars.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Mako8841 View Post
    Hello, Another fine aircraft! Can't buy one better! Just wanted to know if I can submit repaints here on SOH... Thanks.
    Yes, why not, many people will thank you. Me, too

Thomas

These are (by far) my favorite freeware civilian airplanes. I fly them much more than any other single engine GA planes I have including a lot of payware.

I'd love to see the panel lighting in P3Dv4 improved some, but thats a nice to have. Otherwise brilliant work!

Eric

Members who have read this thread: 3