WIP Cessna Soloy T206H Mark 2 Turbine

Thread: WIP Cessna Soloy T206H Mark 2 Turbine

WIP Cessna Soloy T206H Mark 2 Turbine

Release of both native FSX and P3DV4 is coming closer. Got the final airfiles of Alexander Metzger of Mark 1 and Mark 2. And yes, RC-X Guardrail Trainer will be in the box. Fully integration of F1 G500/600, GNS in VC, windshield rain effects and a working GPU with great sounds in- and outside (its a MAN V8 generator engine...) are new. Like all other different cockpit styles. Thanks to Heretic for opening two eyes (and support perfekt coding).

Thomas

Wow, that looks amazing!

Just uploading the whole package here in Library. Please note, FLIR is only static - it is not possible to get proper vision settings at the moment. Perhaps next P3DV4.3 will come with better solutions for it. I am on it.

Thomas

wow,really nice

No deals with A2A so far ? Fantastic work, Thomas, fantastic work!!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi
    I've been trying out the new Mark 2 and it flies very well. Thanks for creating it. So far one question. Is there a way of shutting down the engine. So far I have not found any fuel shutoff or other method.
    Thanks
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    No deals with A2A so far ? Fantastic work, Thomas, fantastic work!!!!
    Yes there should be, shouldn't there.

Thank you Thomas. These Cessna Soloy's are absolute classics and I applaud your unbelievable generosity.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Yes there should be, shouldn't there.

Thank you Thomas. These Cessna Soloy's are absolute classics and I applaud your unbelievable generosity.

Cheers,

I second that, thank you.

LouP

Hi all
    Found the fuel cut off - when all else fails read the manual.
    Thanks for this great creation.
    Warren

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I second that, thank you.

LouP
    I third it! Wonderful airplane. Just remember to come in with the throttle early on. It takes a while for the engine to spool up. You could get in trouble and behind the power curve in landing or slow flight.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I third it! Wonderful airplane. Just remember to come in with the throttle early on. It takes a while for the engine to spool up. You could get in trouble and behind the power curve in landing or slow flight.
    Also, after engine start, return the start switch to off, lol. . . .otherwise your takeoff roll will be more like a crawl. . .DOH!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thomas, the Mark II is a masterpiece. Thank you for all your contributions. . .your aircraft are exquisite.

Current System Specs:

Hi all
    Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. When I do an engine start on the water the aircraft starts to move as the engine rpm increases and it accelerates almost as if the engine is at full power. So far I have been unable to stop the machine from moving even with the prop feathered or at least moved to the full out position. Anyone else experienced this and if so any advice or fix appreciated. I'm using P3D V4.2.
    Thanks
    Warren

Warren, you have to install 64-Bit XMLTools - please read readme/manual for it. This will fix your problem, I am quite sure.

Thomas

Hi Thomas
    I thought I had it installed but didn't. With the correct XML installed the engine functions are very realistic. Ed also provided good advice - to manually return the engine start switch to off. This airplane on the water seems to perform very accurately from what I can recall of the older piston engine 206s. Overall a very nice machine.
    Thanks
    Warren

Just downloaded. Wonderful work. Thanks very much for this great contribution!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thomas, I do have one observation. On your Tundra version, the tires don't represent what I have come to recognize as tundra tires. The width you've modeled seems ok, but the tires are flat on top rather than balloon shaped which to me is indicative of a tundra tire. Yours remind me more of the wide profile tires I see on some race cars. Is this something that can possibly be corrected in a future update? Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe there are tundra style tires that are of varying shapes and styles.

Current System Specs:

there are different tires available with different sizes and widths. I dont´t have the special certification sheet for "Tundra" equipment on Soloys. I only have two pictures with two different tire models. One with a smaller front tire and one with much bigger size. Both tire models have profiles in length direction. But both are a bit more "balloon" styled simialar to your picture. So, you could be right. If there is a update, I will look closer to it.

Great, thanks Thomas!

Current System Specs:

Falcon, great observation about the tundra tires - found out that there was the same STOL kit used in some Soloys that was used for piston 206. It uses its own wingtips and aileron function. Perhaps you and others can help out for more information. Would be great for the bush flyers.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Warren, you have to install 64-Bit XMLTools - please read readme/manual for it. This will fix your problem, I am quite sure.

Thomas
    I confirm XML Tools 64 installed and she does 40 kts at start up no matter how low I have the power and condition set.

And she wont do more than 50 kts with everything maxed...something is broken.

This is with a water takeoff.

P3D V4.5 W11

Members who have read this thread: 2