Haze Gray Studios: Fleet Traffic

Thread: Haze Gray Studios: Fleet Traffic

Haze Gray Studios: Fleet Traffic

I picked up this add on last week and have used it enough to see the additional US Navy ships around San Diego (and landed on one of the carriers docked at NAS North Island). It seems like a pretty good add on for those (like me) that want to see more US Navy ships when flying around. (I took a winter break in San Diego at the NAS North Island Navy Lodge during January, so this is likely why I acquired this add on!)

I have many ORBX items including KSAN. My issue is that the docked ships are doubled up in a couple places with both "normal" scenery items and the HGS: Fleet Traffic items. In order to see some HGS: Fleet Traffic items, you have to boost ship traffic over 15. I'd like to get rid of the double parked boats. Any ideas?

For those looking for more carriers to use, this is a good addition that is not too costly!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    I picked up this add on last week and have used it enough to see the additional US Navy ships around San Diego (and landed on one of the carriers docked at NAS North Island). It seems like a pretty good add on for those (like me) that want to see more US Navy ships when flying around. (I took a winter break in San Diego at the NAS North Island Navy Lodge during January, so this is likely why I acquired this add on!)

I have many ORBX items including KSAN. My issue is that the docked ships are doubled up in a couple places with both "normal" scenery items and the HGS: Fleet Traffic items. In order to see some HGS: Fleet Traffic items, you have to boost ship traffic over 15. I'd like to get rid of the double parked boats. Any ideas?

For those looking for more carriers to use, this is a good addition that is not too costly!

I think, not positive, but do believe this has been addressed recently. Get on their forums and check. I think they are actively trying out a exclusion file for that very problem. NC

Just checked the Haze Gray Studio forums...no solution yet. HGS seems to be proposing scenery exculsion files and the one they have proposed for San Diego works so well that all boat scenery gets excluded....even HGS scenery (lol). Will FSX exculsion files work in P3D?
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

That, I do not know. To be honest, I really need to get on their forums and read as much as I can to understand how to use their program. My problem is I have too many addons/toys! NC

Just checked the Haze Gray Studio forums...no solution yet. HGS seems to be proposing scenery exculsion files and the one they have proposed for San Diego works so well that all boat scenery gets excluded....even HGS scenery (lol). Will FSX exculsion files work in P3D?
    We are testing some exclusion files now. Please feel welcome to give it a try...

http://hazegray.freeforums.net/threa...xclusion-files

For those that are interested in testing, please post your results.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TE...ew?usp=sharing

This is a standard scenery folder that should be activated in FSX or P3D like any other scenery. Be sure that it is placed above your ORBX folders, if you are an ORBX user.

5 primary locations to check: San Diego, Norfolk, Pearl Harbor (these are the big ones) as well as Everett and Bremerton in WA state.

hazegraystudios.net

I have many ORBX items including KSAN. My issue is that the docked ships are doubled up in a couple places with both "normal" scenery items and the HGS: Fleet Traffic items. In order to see some HGS: Fleet Traffic items, you have to boost ship traffic over 15.
    A couple items here I'd like to comment on.

First, thanks for the free pub... I appreciate it.

Second, the exclusion files in the link above will fix you up if you are user of ORBX SoCal. If you are a user of ORBX KSAN as well, like I am, then there are a few extra items that you will need. I won't disparage the developer publically but he added some objects in one of his updates that, frankly, do not do his project justice and for the purposes of making it compatible with our traffic package, these items need to be removed/excluded. I've figured that out, it is a function of disabling a couple files, so I'll pass that along. However, I'd like somebody else besides me to test it. Would you be interested? If yes, then let's take our discussion over to our forums.

Third, you posted some gouge here about selling ship traffic to 15%. You actually will get the standard traffic at 10%. Only the 'deployed traffic' is not displayed until you have a minimum of 15%. Deployed traffic is the shorter 'on station' routes in various theaters around the world.

Lastly, we will be doing an update in the form of a patch, hopefully soon. This will clean up a few parking areas, and some typo errors in the documentation.

hazegraystudios.net

Thanks Ripcord. I did look at the exclusion file on your forum, but have not yet tried it because some folks said it did not solve the San Diego area issues. YES, I am using ORBX KSAN (not using SoCal) with FTX Global of couse.

I will head over to your forum, introduce myself and test the fixes you are proposing.
    Jay

Members who have read this thread: 0