AIBoat Traffic compiler AIBTC Java question to change

Thread: AIBoat Traffic compiler AIBTC Java question to change

AIBoat Traffic compiler AIBTC Java question

Hi will this AIBTC compiler work with The latest version of Java?and,can,I use this to change default boat traffic to use my own models?Thanks
    Last edited by PhantomP; February 10th, 2018 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hi will this AIBTC compiler work with The latest version of Java?and,can,I use this to change default boat traffic to use my own models?Thanks
    Can't answer regarding the first question. Only one way to find out.

But the answer to the second question is "probably not". AIBTC is used to create new boat traffic files.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    If you just want to replace default boat models with your own, I believe you can do this. I've certainly done it with default vehicle traffic. It's a while since I did it, and I'm not near my system right now, but as far as I recall, you need to locate the vehicle/boat you want to change (in FSX they're in FSX/SimObjects). Locate the .mdl file for the default boat/vehicle and replace it with own model (renamed to be the same as the default). Also replace the textures and sound folders with your own as required.

I think that's it. It's possible that you need to give your model the same GUID as the default. If you do, then Arno's Model Converter tool will do that for you.

Happy sailing !

If you want to replace the default traffic with your own, eg the default aircraft carrier with the Nimitz, you can do it by editing the Nimitz cfg file and renaming it with the name of the default carrier (veh_carrier01), then changing the name in the default carrier's cfg so that you don't have two with the same name. Then every time the traffic file wants a carrier it will use yours. I don't think you'll be able to use different deck configurations, but you can use a favourite, so it's a start.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thanks for the answers,but the reason,I am asking these questions is because of this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t-Flight/page2 post 32# because they are talking about the falling thru the elevator bug,that can be avoided supposedly by loading a saved flight, with a carrier before using aicarriers to place it where you want,something about loading from a BGL model,so,I figure if,I could use that same saved flight file,and just replace the carrier in it,I could use it as a template to have full working surfaces on the carriers that have this bug.

Yes sir, your approach will work. You need to separate out the three files -- boats, plans and routes. You do this by decompiling the traffic bgl file that has the default traffic (or whatever you are referring to). From that point, the one you need to alter is the boats file. Then you recompile into a new traffic bgl and replace it.

Lamont Clark provides a pretty decent 'how-to' html file which I believe is included in the AIBTC folder somewhere....

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Lamont Clark provides a pretty decent 'how-to' html file which I believe is included in the AIBTC folder somewhere....
    http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/

Thanks for all the advice from all of you who have commented,but does anyone know of a program that makes it possible to use a java based program without installing Java on your computer?I just don't like Java,I had a a lot of problems in the past with it.

Nope, AIBTC is the only (user-friedly) tool out there.

The TrafficDatabaseBuilder utility from the FSX SDK is capable of handling ships and schedules, but is not user friendly.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526965.aspx

Members who have read this thread: 0