Gauge search order in P3Dv4

Thread: Gauge search order in P3Dv4

Gauge search order in P3Dv4

If you ever stumble onto this problem:

In FSX and P3Dv1/2/3, the program, by default, searches for gauges in the local aircraft \panel\ folder (or subfolders) first, before searching in your main \gauges\ folder.

In P3Dv4.*, this search order has changed: it looks first in the main \Gauges\ folder (or whatever folder you have assigned as "main") .

Meaning that if two versions of a gauge with the same name exists in both the main \gauges\ folder and the local aircraft \panel\ folder, P3Dv4.* probably loads the version you don't expect !!!

Rob

Good point Rob! I have also found out the hard way that the same is the case for textures. Global texture folders have priority. In case you have a texture in your local texture folder (sim object or scenery) having the same file name as a default global one the global will display and not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Good point Rob! I have also found out the hard way that the same is the case for textures. Global texture folders have priority. In case you have a texture in your local texture folder (sim object or scenery) having the same file name as a default global one the global will display and not yours.
    I maybe off base here, but I wonder if removing those search points from the folder's texture.cfg would change that behavior?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0