uiautomationcore.dll file, which one?

Thread: uiautomationcore.dll file, which one?

uiautomationcore.dll file, which one?

I went through my FSX file and do not see "uiautomationcore.dll".
    I went to the Microsoft Download Center and typed it in. Seems there are different versions. Some say to use the version from Windows Vista.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am using Windows 7, FSX/ Acceleration.
    Thank you

Install one and try it out. If you have ctd failures, then try the other one.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I have the same operating system as yourself. I am using version 18000 or UIAutomationCore_v18000.zip is the relevant file to download.

Not sure why I have it, read a tweak some time ago said you actually do not need in on a Win64 system, took it out made no difference to FSX but it does seem some older or portover flight models do need it to enable the hotkey A to be used to switch window views from the VC without problems.

Others may have a more learned view but I am still using it for that reason as I said without it could not tell any difference whatsoever.

I'd never heard of it before so I did a search to see if I had it. Turns out I have 4 different ones, none of them are in the FSX folders, most that I found were in the systems folder and seemed unrelated to FSX directly. I also had 4 versions that had an "mui" extension. No idea what those are doing.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

From what I understand, you want v6.0.6001.18000 . It needs to be placed in the root FSX folder. IE: D:\Games\FSX , for example.
    That's the setup I have, and it seems to be working fine for me, with FSX:SE, Win7 Pro, 64 bit OS.

Hope this helps...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    From what I understand, you want v6.0.6001.18000 . It needs to be placed in the root FSX folder. IE: D:\Games\FSX , for example.
    That's the setup I have, and it seems to be working fine for me, with FSX:SE, Win7 Pro, 64 bit OS.
    Hope this helps...
    Pat☺
    Interesting and it therefore begs the question; What is it for since I've never had it and have run FSX for years without it? So what am I not able to do by not having it?

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Interesting and it therefore begs the question; What is it for since I've never had it and have run FSX for years without it? So what am I not able to do by not having it?
    It was used to help prevent CTDs from occurring while running the Sim and and making frequent view changes.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

If FSX doesn't crash when clicking around in the user interface, you absolutely don't need to worry about that dll.

I typed in uiautomation core,dll at the Microsoft Download Center. There is no link to download either version 60.6001.18000 or 60.5840.16386. The downloads that are offered are called net framework or visual studio.net.
    I then typed uiautomation core.dll using Google.
    Under Google, there are many links to various flight simulator forums, many say the one you want is version 60.5840.16386. There are some links available in those forums, but they all say the link has been removed.
    What many of those F.S. Forums say is that FSX was released with version 60.6001.18000, which was not the correct version needed to prevent some crashes on FSX.
    I will keep looking for a download for version 60.5840.16386.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If FSX doesn't crash when clicking around in the user interface, you absolutely don't need to worry about that dll.
    Thanks Bjoern, never have had any problems in that area.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 1