IRIS A-10 Warthog Gold: Missing Manual...

Thread: IRIS A-10 Warthog Gold: Missing Manual...

IRIS A-10 Warthog Gold: Missing Manual...

Hi,

regarding Christmas and an offer of 50% off, I bought the FSX IRIS A-10 Warthog Gold for 13 Euro. Fair deal, the aircraft seems to work properly in P3Dv4 also. But really annoying, the bird has no manual in the download included. There's been a .exe-file only, no additional folders except for a paintkit one after installation. So I really miss a manual.
    Does anybody maybe own the A-10 as well and could help me, please?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manfred, I have sent you a PM.

Henk.

"Thank Henk, it's Christmas" (Like this song )
    Best regards, Manfred.

Irissimulations places the aircraft manuals in folders in the main fsx folder not sure about P3d.

thank you, Erican. That's where I found the Paintkit only. I also have the Iris Avro Vulcan that placed a folder there but with the subfolder of manual and reference. Same with the freewares F-20 Tigershark and P-40E Kittyhawk. But A-10 unfortunately only Paintkit. Manual folder is missing... Thanks again Henk...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    thank you, Erican. That's where I found the Paintkit only. I also have the Iris Avro Vulcan that placed a folder there but with the subfolder of manual and reference. Same with the freewares F-20 Tigershark and P-40E Kittyhawk. But A-10 unfortunately only Paintkit. Manual folder is missing... Thanks again Henk...

Manschy,

That was my experience also. Only the paintkit and no manual in the Warthog Driver folder.
    Mike M.​

Icon26 IRIS AIRFORCE SERIES WARTHOG DRIVER II Key commands

With the current trend of flight simulation manufacturers, producing simulators, SANS the key commands, I thought that I'd help the next simmer by supplying the key commands for WARTHOG DRIVER:
    (All credit goes to http://web.archive.org/web/201504121...Warthog_Driver. Very,very,very,very,very,very much appreciated!!!!!)

9.8 - Keyboard Commands
    TacPack and Panel commands
    SHIFT + CTRL + C - Trigger Keypress.
    SHIFT + CTRL + V - Pickle Keypress.
    SHIFT + CTRL + M - Turn keyboard mode on/off.
    SHIFT + CTRL + N - Turn on NVGs.
    Shift+3 = Stores Management Page
    Shift+4 = Station Selection Page
    Shift + CTRL + W - Re-arm Aircraft

RWR Commands
    F - Flare Release Consent
    C - Chaff Release Consent
    J - Jammer Xmit Toggle / Also mapped to switch, requires Jammer Power and Jammer to be on the Aircraft for it to work.
    SHIFT + CTRL + P - Turn Pave Penny ON/OFF

Stores and Station Selection Commands
    Ctrl + A or the switch in the cockpit will turn the Master arm from SAFE to ARMED.
    If Master Arm is not set to safe and the Gun Safe switch is not set to safe then:
    Trigger - will fire the GAU-8 so long as there is ammunition and the weapon has not taken significant damage.
    If Master Arm is not set to safe, Equipment power is On and a store is selected.
    Pickle - Will attempt to cycle and drop current wing stores.
    DELETE - When carrying a Targeting pod commands laser to fire.
    SHIFT + DELETE - Turn laser off..
    CTRL + J - Jettison currently selected station store.
    SHIFT + CTRL + J - Emergency Jettison all Stores
    HUD AND SENSOR OF INTEREST (SOI) COMMANDS
    CTRL + U - Cage/Uncage the HUD.
    SHIFT + C - Step through Bomb modes. (Manual/CCIP)
    SHIFT + UP/DOWN - Adjust Gunsight up/down in WD1, Adjust Gun or Rocket Range in WD2/EXP
    SHIFT + LEFT - Gun Primary on sight
    SHIFT + RIGHT - Rockets Primary on Sight.
    UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT - Move Sensor of Interest in direction.
    SHIFT+CTRL+UP - HUD to Primary SOI.
    SHIFT+CTRL+RIGHT - PavePenny Primary SOI (Note this is the same Laser Tracking features as the targeting pod and will
    default to using the targeting pod when available)
    SHIFT+CTRL+LEFT - Targeting Pod/Mav Primary SOI.
    SHIFT+CTRL+DOWN - Drop All SOI's.

HUD PRIMARY SOI:
    CTRL+UP - DESIGNATE, passes current HUD-TGT position to LASER and Centers FLIR on HUD TGT as well as ground lock position.
    CTRL+DOWN - UNDESIGNATE, Returns HUD-TGT position to boresight.

FLIR PRIMARY SOI:
    CTRL+UP - First hit will allow slew, second hit will ground stabilize, third hit will designate fourth will start lasing.
    CTRL+DOWN - Reverse of Up.
    CTRL+RIGHT - Zoom FLIR in
    CTRL+LEFT - Zoon FLIR Out

Now, hopefully you can enjoy your flight experience!

I am also missing the Warthog gold manual too from Iris after purchasing it,can somebody please link me a copy?Thanks

Same here. If someone would be so kind to send me the manual that would be very much appreciated

Edwin

As far as I know there was never a manual produced. There was a Wiki and the link to it is in a reply above this. The one with the keyboard commands.

There was a very good pdf manual for the Iris A-10 because I've got one in the root folder - labelled IRIS Platinum Series. I don't know what Warthog Gold is - maybe it's a newer installer?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    As far as I know there was never a manual produced. There was a Wiki and the link to it is in a reply above this. The one with the keyboard commands.
    Beta tested and never saw a manual ship besides the wiki and couple of 'Tube vids.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by robertd903 View Post
    With the current trend of flight simulation manufacturers, producing simulators, SANS the key commands, I thought that I'd help the next simmer by supplying the key commands for WARTHOG DRIVER:
    (All credit goes to http://web.archive.org/web/201504121...Warthog_Driver. Very,very,very,very,very,very much appreciated!!!!!)

9.8 - Keyboard Commands
    TacPack and Panel commands
    SHIFT + CTRL + C - Trigger Keypress.
    SHIFT + CTRL + V - Pickle Keypress.
    SHIFT + CTRL + M - Turn keyboard mode on/off.
    SHIFT + CTRL + N - Turn on NVGs.
    Shift+3 = Stores Management Page
    Shift+4 = Station Selection Page
    Shift + CTRL + W - Re-arm Aircraft

RWR Commands
    F - Flare Release Consent
    C - Chaff Release Consent
    J - Jammer Xmit Toggle / Also mapped to switch, requires Jammer Power and Jammer to be on the Aircraft for it to work.
    SHIFT + CTRL + P - Turn Pave Penny ON/OFF

Stores and Station Selection Commands
    Ctrl + A or the switch in the cockpit will turn the Master arm from SAFE to ARMED.
    If Master Arm is not set to safe and the Gun Safe switch is not set to safe then:
    Trigger - will fire the GAU-8 so long as there is ammunition and the weapon has not taken significant damage.
    If Master Arm is not set to safe, Equipment power is On and a store is selected.
    Pickle - Will attempt to cycle and drop current wing stores.
    DELETE - When carrying a Targeting pod commands laser to fire.
    SHIFT + DELETE - Turn laser off..
    CTRL + J - Jettison currently selected station store.
    SHIFT + CTRL + J - Emergency Jettison all Stores
    HUD AND SENSOR OF INTEREST (SOI) COMMANDS
    CTRL + U - Cage/Uncage the HUD.
    SHIFT + C - Step through Bomb modes. (Manual/CCIP)
    SHIFT + UP/DOWN - Adjust Gunsight up/down in WD1, Adjust Gun or Rocket Range in WD2/EXP
    SHIFT + LEFT - Gun Primary on sight
    SHIFT + RIGHT - Rockets Primary on Sight.
    UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT - Move Sensor of Interest in direction.
    SHIFT+CTRL+UP - HUD to Primary SOI.
    SHIFT+CTRL+RIGHT - PavePenny Primary SOI (Note this is the same Laser Tracking features as the targeting pod and will
    default to using the targeting pod when available)
    SHIFT+CTRL+LEFT - Targeting Pod/Mav Primary SOI.
    SHIFT+CTRL+DOWN - Drop All SOI's.

HUD PRIMARY SOI:
    CTRL+UP - DESIGNATE, passes current HUD-TGT position to LASER and Centers FLIR on HUD TGT as well as ground lock position.
    CTRL+DOWN - UNDESIGNATE, Returns HUD-TGT position to boresight.

FLIR PRIMARY SOI:
    CTRL+UP - First hit will allow slew, second hit will ground stabilize, third hit will designate fourth will start lasing.
    CTRL+DOWN - Reverse of Up.
    CTRL+RIGHT - Zoom FLIR in
    CTRL+LEFT - Zoon FLIR Out

Now, hopefully you can enjoy your flight experience!
    I wonder if this is why I cannot use the keyboard to pan around in the VC ... (4 to turn left, 6 to turn right, 8 to look up, 2 to look down etc...) and external views .. ?

There must be a way to reset keyboard commands to their default presets for panning in FSX for non-TacPack users.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Sometimes, for me, the pilot isn't visible. How do you get him to show up? Thanks in advance.
    Greenhouse357

Hi,
    And without manual they sold that? Did they have buyers? A joke ... I leave it where it is !
    JMC

For the uninitiated, an add-on such as TacPac is required to have live weapons on this bird, correct? Note to those who don't know, this A-10 base aircraft is currently free from the publisher. It is quite well done, even without the weapons.

I agree. The aircraft is currently free from IRIS and is very, very, well modeled.

I just wish I could somehow figure out how to pan around the VC and exterior views using the keyboard numbers (4 for left, 6 for right, etc .) instead of my joystick's hat switch ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Update :

'SHIFT + CTRL + M' : Turns keyboard mode on/off, and gets you back to 'default' keyboard settings. Have to do this each time AC is loaded, as it defaults back.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Update :

'SHIFT + CTRL + M' : Turns keyboard mode on/off, and gets you back to 'default' keyboard settings. Have to do this each time AC is loaded, as it defaults back.
    Thanks MZee! Good find.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 3