Haze Grey releases the US Navy package

Thread: Haze Grey releases the US Navy package

FSX/P3D Haze Grey releases the US Navy package

FLEET TRAFFIC: US Navy is an AI traffic pack to simulate US Navy AI ship and submarine traffic in FSX and Prepar3d.

• 19 classes of US Navy surface warships (all landable but one) ranging from destroyers to amphibians to aircraft carriers, plus 3 classes of US Navy submarines.
    • Scheduled traffic for over 250 surface ships and submarines operating from their home ports.
    • Animated elevators and well decks on several classes of ships that function on user command.
    • 99 saved flights for the user to launch on deck at various locations around the globe.
    • Tested in FSX & FSX SE, Prepar3d V2, V3 and V4.
    • Enhanced Night Textures.
    • Supports DX10 (not required).
    • FPS friendly.
    • Traffic schedules and interactive documentation to assist in locating fleet traffic.

more info at http://www.hazegraystudios.com/

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=4373

This package blows me away. We knew Mark was working on it for a while but had no idea how comprehensive it was.

It really is amazing.

You beat me to it Matt. I was just on my way over here to post the same.

I have been looking forward to this project's release. I just bought it tonight. I have just installed, and before I have even looked at anything in the sim I have to say I am very impressed with the extensive documentation which includes manuals, timetables, and kmz files to show the location of all the ships, subs and groups in the package.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

When I saw the LSD with the CH-53 in the video, I had to watch. I was Aviation Fuels Chief on USS Tortuga (LSD-46) for over a year and had to be on or next to the helo deck anytime refueling was going on. Lots of memories there. I'm going to have to get this.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thanks for the heads up, tracking the project, but not recently. As former squid and rotorhead, it's a must have for me!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Next steps...

While the work done on this project is certainly impressive the fact is that the ships were "optimized" to lower frame count.
    Its understandable for port scenarios where there may be dozens of ships, which will be impressive, but is that the situation most users will find themselves in.
    I would like to hear of future developments where more complex ships (enhanced modeling, more animation, additional effects) could be used for single and
    small formation size units. Additional aircraft gauges to add deck scenery on the fly.(Like the work we've seen recently with carriers.)

This is an ambitious project and I hope the developers take it to the next stage.

(Just to be clear, I love ships. As former squid and civilian I have spent most of my adult life on or under the water.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    While the work done on this project is certainly impressive the fact is that the ships were "optimized" to lower frame count.
    Its understandable for port scenarios where there may be dozens of ships, which will be impressive, but is that the situation most users will find themselves in.
    I would like to hear of future developments where more complex ships (enhanced modeling, more animation, additional effects) could be used for single and
    small formation size units. Additional aircraft gauges to add deck scenery on the fly.(Like the work we've seen recently with carriers.)

This is an ambitious project and I hope the developers take it to the next stage.

(Just to be clear, I love ships. As former squid and civilian I have spent most of my adult life on or under the water.)
    I'm no expert at this, for sure, but couldn't you use AICarriers and/or some of the existing traffic tools to substitute other more complex models for this existing?

There is definitely a future for more detailed and complex development in the product. I know HGS is working on some port sceneries in the near term. My sense is the developer is focusing on the infrastructure of the package at this point...a great foundation.

The effort and research involved in the existing product I'm sure took several hundred hours.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    I'm no expert at this, for sure, but couldn't you use AICarriers and/or some of the existing traffic tools to substitute other more complex models for this existing?

There is definitely a future for more detailed and complex development in the product. I know HGS is working on some port sceneries in the near term. My sense is the developer is focusing on the infrastructure of the package at this point...a great foundation.

The effort and research involved in the existing product I'm sure took several hundred hours.
    I currently use AICarriers, other traffic and scenery tools with a number of free and commercial ships to give some of the fleet and port situations I desire.
    I too would like to hear of future plans, where the developers think this product may go.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    When I saw the LSD with the CH-53 in the video, I had to watch. I was Aviation Fuels Chief on USS Tortuga (LSD-46) for over a year and had to be on or next to the helo deck anytime refueling was going on. Lots of memories there. I'm going to have to get this.
    Thanks Chief. Means a lot to see this.

Was just playing with Nemeth's CH-53E trying to figure out the settings for a good 'saved flight' starting on deck. I'll be sure to make a short movie/video using LSD-46.

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Thanks Chief. Means a lot to see this.

Was just playing with Nemeth's CH-53E trying to figure out the settings for a good 'saved flight' starting on deck. I'll be sure to make a move using LSD-46.
    Congrats on making it to FroogleSim.

Henry is right. Next step needs to be a series of very simple, but custom made 3d piers so that we don't have to continue to look at a butt-ugly Norfolk, San Diego, and on and on... Ships will line up with piers and docks and all that. Freeware stuff, nothing spectacular. Just something to add a little more value to the package.

Then we will do a new package. Will add at least one ship, probably more than one, to the package, along with new paints/textures for new builds coming out. Will update the routes and homeports. All of this stuff that I reference here will be FREE for those that order the package now. We'll simply do a small price increase for those that prefer to wait. : ) Beyond that, we'll see.

I did write a new AIcarriers.cfg file that I include as option. Adds all kinds of formations, and plenty of room for folks to add their own. In fact I am really looking forward to seeing what formations people come up with. We can set up a forum thread to share, if there is interest in doing so.

I can tell you that the carriers are going to be underwhelming if you are used to using Javier's stuff. No shame there, it is unlikely we'll ever see anything like that again in FSX, at least not for free (my opinion). But that doesn't mean we won't be adding planes and helos and animated crew and all that at some point. We will probably dump the gauge approach and go to a menu driven approach, like what VRS TP is, but we'll have to see what features we'll add and when.

Going to try to implement as much cool stuff as I can, based on your feedback and wish list. I mean, who knows where this could go -- just gotta figure out how to do it

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Congrats on making it to FroogleSim.
    Wait what?

Oh I see now -- cool. I think he laughed a bit when he said that it includes 'the entire US Navy'... not true exactly, but close. Real close. In fact, I'd say you probably WERE in the Navy if you know what ships aren't included.

hazegraystudios.net

Last plug here.

Jeansy donated a half dozen or so new paints for the Virtavia H-60 and they are all included (installed by either of the two P3D installers).

hazegraystudios.net

Henry is right. Next step needs to be a series of very simple, but custom made 3d piers so that we don't have to continue to look at a butt-ugly Norfolk, San Diego, and on and on... Ships will line up with piers and docks and all that. Freeware stuff, nothing spectacular. Just something to add a little more value to the package.

Then we will do a new package. Will add at least one ship, probably more than one, to the package, along with new paints/textures for new builds coming out. Will update the routes and homeports. All of this stuff that I reference here will be FREE for those that order the package now. We'll simply do a small price increase for those that prefer to wait. : ) Beyond that, we'll see.

I did write a new AIcarriers.cfg file that I include as option. Adds all kinds of formations, and plenty of room for folks to add their own. In fact I am really looking forward to seeing what formations people come up with. We can set up a forum thread to share, if there is interest in doing so.

I can tell you that the carriers are going to be underwhelming if you are used to using Javier's stuff. No shame there, it is unlikely we'll ever see anything like that again in FSX, at least not for free (my opinion). But that doesn't mean we won't be adding planes and helos and animated crew and all that at some point. We will probably dump the gauge approach and go to a menu driven approach, like what VRS TP is, but we'll have to see what features we'll add and when.

Going to try to implement as much cool stuff as I can, based on your feedback and wish list. I mean, who knows where this could go -- just gotta figure out how to do it
    Thanks for the information.
    As I would imagine, most of your clients have a strong enough interest in ships to have additional freeware and commercial ship products. (Deltasim, Aerosoft, Javier, Global AI Ships, etc.)
    Could you include helpful tips how to include those ships if possible and where practical to use your infrastructure and have the best that is possible...?

Thanks for the information.
    As I would imagine, most of your clients have a strong enough interest in ships to have additional freeware and commercial ship products. (Deltasim, Aerosoft, Javier, Global AI Ships, etc.)
    Could you include helpful tips how to include those ships if possible and where practical to use your infrastructure and have the best that is possible...?
    Not really. Just keep the ships you like in AIcarriers, and use them as you like.

I can offer this however:

(from the manual)... If you are using the Global AI Shipping package by Henrik Nielsen (an excellent freeware package which we strongly recommend), we suggest that you remove two ships, FFG-40 Halyburton and DDG-91 Bainbridge. The FFG is already decommissioned and the DDG is already included in this package. They also interfere somewhat with the FLEET TRAFFIC: US Navy traffic in certain areas. Simply locate these two folders in simobjects/boats and deactivate the sim.cfg file (rename it to sim.cfg.off).

You can also sub in Javier's carriers if you like, at least for two the ten carriers. Or maybe you have some repaints that some third party created.

http://hazegray.freeforums.net/threa...viers-carriers

hazegraystudios.net

Not really. Just keep the ships you like in AIcarriers, and use them as you like.

I can offer this however:

(from the manual)... If you are using the Global AI Shipping package by Henrik Nielsen (an excellent freeware package which we strongly recommend), we suggest that you remove two ships, FFG-40 Halyburton and DDG-91 Bainbridge. The FFG is already decommissioned and the DDG is already included in this package. They also interfere somewhat with the FLEET TRAFFIC: US Navy traffic in certain areas. Simply locate these two folders in simobjects/boats and deactivate the sim.cfg file (rename it to sim.cfg.off).

You can also sub in Javier's carriers if you like, at least for two the ten carriers. Or maybe you have some repaints that some third party created.

http://hazegray.freeforums.net/threa...viers-carriers
    Ohhh noo... Who will then save Captain Phillips from the Maersk Alabama...

I really hope you have placed your USS Bainbridge and USS Halyburton in the appropriate place for the rescue... If not a different and better approach would be just to remove the conflicting routes from the world/scenery folder which I suppose are

Boats_Ships_US_East_Norfolk_64109.bgl (uss halyburton at Norfolk)
    Boats_Ships_US_East_Norfolk_64110.bgl (uss Bainbridge at Norfolk)
    Boats_Ships_US_East_Norfolk_64111.bgl (uss pinckney at Norfolk)
    Boats_Ships_US_West_San_Diego_88021.bgl (uss Bainbridge at San Diego)
    Boats_Ships_US_West_San_Diego_88023.bgl (uss Pinckney at San Diego)
    Boats_Ships_US_Hawaii_49116.bgl (Bainbridge, Halyburton and Pinckney at Pearl Harbour)

This way the US presence in joint Naval operations around the world will be maintained as the above ships are involved in several joint naval operations included in the Global AI Ship project like e.g. the landing operations at the West Coast of the Danish Jutland peninsula together with ships from Canada, France, Germany, Norway, United Kingdom, Spain, and Denmark...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17043008003516112915009926.jpg   14122708572516112912827542.jpg  
    Last edited by kl791; December 4th, 2017 at 04:22.

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    If not a different and better approach would be just to remove the conflicting routes from the world/scenery folder which I suppose are

Boats_Ships_US_East_Norfolk_64109.bgl (uss halyburton at Norfolk)
    Boats_Ships_US_East_Norfolk_64110.bgl (uss Bainbridge at Norfolk)
    Boats_Ships_US_East_Norfolk_64111.bgl (uss pinckney at Norfolk)
    Boats_Ships_US_West_San_Diego_88021.bgl (uss Bainbridge at San Diego)
    Boats_Ships_US_West_San_Diego_88023.bgl (uss Pinckney at San Diego)
    Boats_Ships_US_West_San_Diego_88021.bgl (Bainbridge, Halyburton and Pinckney at Pearl Harbour)

This way the US presence in joint Naval operations around the world will be maintained as the above ships are involved in several joint naval operations included in the Global AI Ship project like e.g. the landing operations at the West Coast of the Danish Jutland peninsula together with ships from Canada, France, Germany, Norway, United Kingdom, Spain, and Denmark...
    Alright, I didn't realize it was used elsewhere.

In the next iteration, Henrik, I plan to roll out a control panel, so I will allow users to accomplish this much easier, using the approach you suggest.

BTW you had suggested that earlier, and I am not sure those traffic files were the correct ones -- or maybe I didn't get them correct.

hazegraystudios.net

Alright, I didn't realize it was used elsewhere.

In the next iteration, Henrik, I plan to roll out a control panel, so I will allow users to accomplish this much easier, using the approach you suggest.

BTW you had suggested that earlier, and I am not sure those traffic files were the correct ones -- or maybe I didn't get them correct.
    Sounds good

Then you should definately put the USS Boxer off Somalia with an option to start a flight to rescue the courageous Captain.... I do also have some containerships around, but I hope your DDGs stay well clear of those....

PS... I did a mistake in the list of bgl's above - it is now corrected - the last one to omit is Boats_Ships_US_Hawaii_49116.bgl

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Then you should definately put the USS Boxer off Somalia with an option to start a flight to rescue the courageous Captain.... I do also have some containerships around, but I hope your DDGs stay well clear of those....
    This probably works better as a mission in FSX or a Tacpack scenario, but it would be fun to do.

And containerships, buddy, you got those things everywhere! That's what makes this package fun! You don't usually have to go very far to find some other merchant marine activity out there.

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Here you go chief! Thanks again for the kind words.

https://youtu.be/T3nhwLkZXQM

hazegraystudios.net

Members who have read this thread: 1