Boeing B-50 V1 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B-50 V1 Released

Frank
    Thanks for providing the Virtavia B-29 VC merge info - works great. Much appreciated.
    Cheers!

The Old Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    OK, this should do it...I think that's all I did. If I forgot to record a step just ask here and I'll amend these instructions.
    Worked like a CHARM, Frank!

Thanks,

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Just beautifull!!! Thanks, thanks a lot...

One note: engines 2 and 3 not working with my Thrustmaster T.16000M, meaning whatever the power input engine rpm remains the same. This does not happen if I use mouse input.

Once more, thanks for sharing your work

Edit: using P3D v4
    Ok, working now, after a pc restart...great plane
    BTW what to do to get those exterior wing tanks?
    Thanks

I Love It!

Frank, thanks for making the VC switch simple! I even repainted the yoke.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7ixnipE.jpg  

Oops wrong Picture!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZWRX8t6.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    The RAF had several B-50s which they named "Washingtons". A couple were sent to Australia for evaluation in the late 40s and early 50s. Think one was based at Maralinga in South Australia. Only ones missing from a great package.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Actually, Pat...the Washington B.1s were B-29s.

Cheers,

Kent

My initial install into FSXA conflicted with the Orbix PNW scenery. Not sure what the conflict was but I uninstalled it and was thinking my next move. I reinstalled it with the Virtavia B-29 cockpit merge and all is well. Beautifully done.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Just an observation...since making the mods to install the B-29 cockpit (marvelous!), I am unable to get the drop tanks to show that were there earlier...

Anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Thanks,

Kent

PS - Don't want to get off topic (but I briefly will), but NOW I am downloading Manfred & Co's C-97 package. I love the C-47...so I have NO idea why I didn't do it earlier.

I don't have the wing tanks visible either. Don't know if I ever did, I modded the VC from the start. My guess is that they are somehow tied to either the original panel and/or the monitor panel? Also it may be a separate model file, which I believe is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    I don't have the wing tanks visible either. Don't know if I ever did, I modded the VC from the start. My guess is that they are somehow tied to either the original panel and/or the monitor panel? Also it may be a separate model file, which I believe is missing?
    Take a look at the "read me" file. You can edit the .config file to show the tanks in the texture of your choice. That may work even with the VC mod. I actually think the default VC looks very good for the B-50.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Take a look at the "read me" file. You can edit the .config file to show the tanks in the texture of your choice. That may work even with the VC mod. I actually think the default VC looks very good for the B-50.

-d
    I think there is more to it than that. Fltsim entries 1 and 2 have DLR as part of the title which means they should have the D nose and Long Range tanks. Unfortunately the tanks don't show. My guess is that because some of us have the Virtavia VC, we're no longer using some of the gauges of the original - hence, no tanks.

As I mentioned in my prior post, I cannot use the default VC in FSXA for some reason. The VC glass is opaque, the external model is all screwed up and missing parts, and my Orbx scenery is all wacky. Perhaps because some of the gauges were not intended for FSXA, but for P3D?? Just a guess.
    -- WH

Wow! Amazing work there mjahn and team. Manfred, I do not envy you having to animate and tag all those props. :-) But really happy that you did!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Not much for big iron flying, but This is one beautiful airplane. Took it for a short hop up the east coast from Jersey to Nantucket on a "shake-down" flight. . .by the book (of course it was my book with my own rules. . .but still, lol). Outstanding work as always Manfred (and Team). . .thank you for this amazing effort.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Oops wrong Picture!

Any chance you'd like to share this new yoke texture?

Team 50, a big thank you and a great early Christmas present for us classic simmers out here. It looks great, handles well and a job superbly done. thank you... Terry

Thanks for first impressions ...

Good morning all, and thanks for the kind reception and splendid screenshots of this bird. I hope we will get some repaints of it, too.

I am glad Frank has shown us Virtavia customers a way to fly from their excellent B-29 VC. One thing that perhaps needs to be added to his recipe in post #18 is a proper merging of the original panel config plus its associated folders etc. Without that you won't get the benefit of the Monitor panel or any of the callouts sounds, the long-range tanks won't show (as reported), and some P3D animation stuff may get lost, etc.

Actually I don't really want to pursue this in too much detail because I still believe the far more obvious idea would be to renew an appeal to Virtavia for a proper marriage of models. There is no point in looking out the window of a B-50 and seeing a row of B-29 engines, is there? I for one would be happy to donate any source files needed. Managing the business and distribution side of this could be difficult, however, I certainly appreciate that.

Meanwhile whatever may develop I'll get busy on a turretless weather or recce version. Stay tuned!

--Manfred

Boeing B-50

Hi,

If you do not have a Virtavia B-29 (for a panel) maybe this might interesting:

See the pictures below.

When wou take the panel from the FS2004 plane you have a nice working no-vc panel (the vc has then no gauges and there is small band on the lower side of the screen (not in no-vcpanel)

Kind regards,
    langereis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-11-27_11-10-48-145.jpg   B=29 panel FS2004.jpg  
    Last edited by langereis; November 27th, 2017 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I think there is more to it than that. Fltsim entries 1 and 2 have DLR as part of the title which means they should have the D nose and Long Range tanks. Unfortunately the tanks don't show. My guess is that because some of us have the Virtavia VC, we're no longer using some of the gauges of the original - hence, no tanks.

As I mentioned in my prior post, I cannot use the default VC in FSXA for some reason. The VC glass is opaque, the external model is all screwed up and missing parts, and my Orbx scenery is all wacky. Perhaps because some of the gauges were not intended for FSXA, but for P3D?? Just a guess.
    Oh my. DX10 fixer if you are running it may need an update. Or, delete and try a re-download. My FSXA and default VC are just fine. I don't see how Orbx scenery would be impacted by the install of a new aircraft. good luck. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

What I am slowly beginning to discover is that retaining the original Monitor panel code/gauges along with the Virtavia B-29 gauges and files in both the panel.cfg and the panel folder is required to continue to have the DLR tanks option...while still using the Virtavia B-29 VC.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Any chance you'd like to share this new yoke texture?
    I put this file in the main textures folder, hope that was the right place for it, didn't see this new yoke.

I didn't merge any panels either.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I put this file in the main textures folder, hope that was the right place for it, didn't see this new yoke.

I didn't merge any panels either.
    Try putting the new yoke in the "texture.virtavia" folder.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    What I am slowly beginning to discover is that retaining the original Monitor panel code/gauges along with the Virtavia B-29 gauges and files in both the panel.cfg and the panel folder is required to continue to have the DLR tanks option...while still using the Virtavia B-29 VC.

Kent
    I'd be interested to see your solution. I tried something similar but wasn't able to get the full Monitor panel to display.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 1