Northrop F-15A / RF-61C Reporter

Thread: Northrop F-15A / RF-61C Reporter

Northrop F-15A / RF-61C Reporter

Hi folks,

After much discussion with the talented team developing the SoH P-61 Black Widow, to avoid clashing projects I have decided to adapt my own P-61 into the F-15A Reporter. There's no sense in having two P-61s and besides, the SoH version is further l along than my own and is an awesome model!

Here's a few images of the WIP. I have remodelled the fuselage and applied some basic place-holder textures so that I can see what I'm doing. I have a few weeks' worth of work tweaking the external model and animations, before final textures and materials settings can be applied. Then it will be on to the virtual cockpit.

Hope you all enjoy the shots. I'll be releasing the Reporter as freeware sometime in early 2018, with three or four texture sets ( including an all-important bare-metal finish! ).
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

That's not at all shabby, not at all! It'll make a fine addition to the hangar and I'm looking forward to what you make of the VC.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Wait, SOH is doing a P-61!? And now you'll have a Reporter as well!? SWEET!! Now if only Mike at LSM would re-release the F-15 conversion kit I could have a 1/48 Reporter in my model collection as well!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    That's not at all shabby, not at all! It'll make a fine addition to the hangar and I'm looking forward to what you make of the VC.
    Thanks! Fortunately I hadn't gotten too far with my P-61B VC when I spotted the recent threads about the SoH P-61. The Reporter has a much simpler cockpit to model, looking forward to the challenge. I use an Oculus Rift also, which is hugely helpful when looking for modelling errors, not to mention the thrill of sitting "inside" the cockpit of an aircraft as opposed to looking at a monitor.

Changing to an F-15 also means that, as far as I know, my first airplane for FS will be unique - it's one of the few airplanes not yet released either as free or payware.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Members who have read this thread: 0