Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWS Midway Battle Group is out

SWS Midway Battle Group is out

SWS Midway Battle Group is Out

Check it out HERE!!

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Gray Eagle beat me to it.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I like this tow tug effect. Works with both Crral sea and the Midway.
    Alex - You got the plane guard ship spotted pretty good.

Good, I'm buying this in a few days. My A-3 and A-6 will have a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Good, I'm buying this in a few days. My A-3 and A-6 will have a good home.
    Money well spent

Read the fine print. If you have their F-4B/N package you get a 20% discount on the Midway package.
    But you'll need to contact them and get the discount code before you get the Midway. No way to credit you after the fact.

Gets a bit pricey buying both - even with the discount - but looking at the F-4B page it looks like that already comes with the Coral Sea for free? Not sure I need both sister ships.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Also not clear - for the Midway package - if this is P3D v. 4 compatible?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I would dare to say it is v4 ready as the f4 itself is v4 ready i cant seem them having two products that cant be used together

Looking at the light in the images one could think those images are from v4

Its horrible timing for me as i just bought the 172 1000 and awaiting the v4 ready 787

the mrs will kill me if i buy too many things in such a short time frame

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I would dare to say it is v4 ready as the f4 itself is v4 ready i cant seem them having two products that cant be used together
    That is correct.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    the mrs will kill me if i buy too many things in such a short time frame
    My wife would freak if she knew how much I have spent...... NC

Question Two thoughts from JosefK

Here goes:

1. I just bought this product (Order #0020351125) but can't get into the SimStudios forums
    2. Does anybody have a config for an A-6 - either Alphasim/Virtavia or RAZBAM - yet? Ditto the EA-6B Prowler? It's got a good list so far though:

I bought the ships mainly to use with the A-3, A-6 and EA-6B. Sorry but I'm just not into Phantoms - my idea of a strike fighter is the VRS Superbug. My father also served at NAS Whidbey Island in the Vietnam Era and I am a big enthusiast of the aforementioned NAS Whidbey Island aircraft.

Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (3489).jpg  

A question for SWS,if,I were to buy the Phantom package with the Coral Sea carrier included,and decide to buy the SWS Midway battle group later on would,I get a 20% discount?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    A question for SWS,if,I were to buy the Phantom package with the Coral Sea carrier included,and decide to buy the SWS Midway battle group later on would,I get a 20% discount?Thanks
    Yes. The discount rights are claimed on the date you get the Phantom. If we stop it a week after you buy it, you are still entitled to it because you laid claim early.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

I'm still trying to figure out the Carrier Extensions Configurator, even with the tutorial video. I'll get it worked out sooner or later.
    Hats off to Alex and the SimWorks crew, this is a great package of ships.

JosefK, do you need everything for the models listed (AoA, hook#), and how can you not be a Phantom Phan? I understand, Tomcats first for me, but never operated in the fleet on this class. I'm just getting my SWS F-4B/N updated and loading Midway, still need to work the program. I was going to pull AoA numbers from vLSO for all the other period correct jets I own.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Victory103;

1. I'd be so grateful for all you got on the Virtavia and/or RAZBAM A-6s and EA-6Bs. Save me a lot of work this weekend please!
    2. I just think the Phantom is not for me. I'm more a Superbug guy, then a Tomcat guy. Having spent so much time around EA-18Gs as an enthusiast and advocate for OLF Coupeville plus cheering on the US Navy Tac Demo, I feel at home in the Superbug.

On another matter, I don't know why anybody would want to land a F-35 on these carriers. It'd be like time travel!

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    JosefK, do you need everything for the models listed (AoA, hook#), and how can you not be a Phantom Phan? I understand, Tomcats first for me, but never operated in the fleet on this class. I'm just getting my SWS F-4B/N updated and loading Midway, still need to work the program. I was going to pull AoA numbers from vLSO for all the other period correct jets I own.
    Victory103, if you calibrate any jets not included with our list, feel free to share your assignments.ini and cvaircraftpresets.ini files so we can merge them in for the next update. They can be found in appdata\Local\CarrierExtensions.

A piece of advice: if you want to edit them manually for any reason, use the plain old notepad, as notepad++ will mess up the formatting.

Victory103;
    On another matter, I don't know why anybody would want to land a F-35 on these carriers. It'd be like time travel!
    On these carriers it's doubtful, but our tech is being modified to be adaptable to any carrier provided you have the model files and know how to write into a text file.
    Would anyone want a Nimitz, for example?

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Victory103, if you calibrate any jets not included with our list, feel free to share your assignments.ini and cvaircraftpresets.ini files so we can merge them in for the next update. They can be found in appdata\Local\CarrierExtensions.

A piece of advice: if you want to edit them manually for any reason, use the plain old notepad, as notepad++ will mess up the formatting.

On these carriers it's doubtful, but our tech is being modified to be adaptable to any carrier provided you have the model files and know how to write into a text file.
    Would like to see the tow tug animation adaptable to all carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post

Oh yes please, a Nimitz with proper carrier landing physics would be wunderful!

Victory103;

1. I'd be so grateful for all you got on the Virtavia and/or RAZBAM A-6s and EA-6Bs. Save me a lot of work this weekend please!
    2. I just think the Phantom is not for me. I'm more a Superbug guy, then a Tomcat guy. Having spent so much time around EA-18Gs as an enthusiast and advocate for OLF Coupeville plus cheering on the US Navy Tac Demo, I feel at home in the Superbug.

Hmm, what did I get myself into??? I'll see what I can do and post them up. I have both Raz models, actually just about all "boat" going aircraft from him. I do understand growing up as an USAF brat with the mighty C-130, at times my jungle gym while dad was working.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Alex, with Simworks Studios, helped me fix all the difficulties I was having. Both the SWS Phantom and Midway packages are working great now!

MANY thanks to Alex and SWS! Awesome creations! NC

Battlegroup promo video:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sir Ripper, am I making a rookie mistake here with the in-game hook config while in "slew", my num pad is driving me crazy not allowing me to get the pivot point set on the Raz A-6.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0