If anyone has WOFF UE - could you test Airco DH4 rudder?

Thread: If anyone has WOFF UE - could you test Airco DH4 rudder?

If anyone has WOFF UE - could you test Airco DH4 rudder?

Hi!

The question is not strictly about CFS3 but since the game engine is the same I hope someone can shed a light on the issue.
    There's one oddity I immediately notice in WOFF (and it was the same in OFF Phase 3): with full rudder some aircrafts tend to fly sideways like helicopters. I don't see anything similar hapenning with CFS3 aircrafts though.
    It was very noticeable in Fokker Eindecker, they somewhat improved it, but now probably even worse offender is Airco DH-4 two-seater.

However I also wonder why so few people notice it. Maybe the problem is on my end?
    That's why I ask if anyone can test what happens if you fly DH4 straight (preferably at low alt so that you can see the ground) and then apply a full left rudder and maybe some opposite ailerons to keep your wings level.

In my case two things happen: aircraft starts flying to the right (with full left rudder!) and more so it starts noticeably gaining speed (in a sideslip!).
    It is so bad it ruins any fun in playing WOFF for me and I can't understand why nobody notices it.

Maybe some CFS3 FM experts can explain what happens? I've found which parameter causes the issue in WOFF xfm files but their format is different to CFS3 FM, so maybe it is strictly WOFF issue. I don't know.
    The problem in WOFF is that when "sideSlip_frac" is less than 1 the game engine thinks that side drag is less that front drag.
    And here's the line from DH4 xfm file:
    <Yaw damping_frac="0.9" weathervane_frac="2.99" adverseYaw_frac="1.05" sideSlip_frac="0.0499999999999999"/>

I could test it this weekend, never noticed this because I never did fly the dh4. The E1 on the other hand is a plane I think is very difficult to fly, constant correcting with rudder and alirons. FM is I think not the strongest point in Woff, one of the aspects they need to improve for the WotR series.

OBD did change everything so the FM files can not be compare to CFS3. Same happen to the FFB, while it is in CFS3 good, in Woff they did reduce it to an rumble force.

Dis fly the dh4 straight at 175km/h then full rudder and doing the needed aliaron correctings to keep it at level, speed is dropping 10 or 15 km/h.

And then?

Thanks, Dutch.

Not sure what you are doing, but here is what happens to me:

In the video I'm flying toward a small line of trees. It takes a huge effort to line up with them.
    When I'm finally straight and level (more or less) my ground speed (in upper left corner) is about 198 km/h.
    Now I apply full left rudder. GS goes to 220+ km/h (ok I pushed forward a bit, but the speed doesn't drop later) and I pass that line of trees to the right of them and aircraft keeps turning right.

Members who have read this thread: 0