Douglas A-20G Havoc for CFS2 released!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Douglas A-20G Havoc for CFS2 released!

Icon22 Douglas A-20G Havoc for CFS2 released!

Finally! A huge leap in the conversion of Milton's A-20G. Gun Barrels! It might not seem like much ( ho hum ) but in the world of scasm it is. The Fs9 mdl had 'em animated to an xml routine so having these show in CFS2 was a bit of a chore. Believe it or not, it was the most difficult part of the convert process. Now it's done. Hallelujah!

Now for some damage profile work...

Dave

Icon22 Reply...

David,

Mazel Tov!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Excellent! Nicely done, Dave!

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

I offered to do more CFS2 conversion-friendly versions some time ago.

The offer still stands for the A-20C, G. and P-70A1/A2 models, plus a Russian C model that lacks the blister guns.

The same offer stands for the B-26 Marauder if there is interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Me! Me! I am interested!

And I'm sure plenty of others are too.

Thanks Milton.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Milton, your work is truly amazing. I have been following the threads concerning the development of your A-20 and B-26 with much interest. You have been very generous with your work and I feel fortunate anytime your projects find their way into CFS2. Understanding the enormous amount of energy and time developers must put into these models, I never feel comfortable asking them to do more. Especially when it’s free! That being said, I would love to have you’re A-20/B-26 available for CFS2.

msfossey

Gentlemen, I can only make available a more "conversion-friendly" model to those of you who can do the conversions.

You must also keep in mind that these are FS9 builds and may be poly heavy for CFS2. They do not have LOD's.

But what I usually do is work with someone here that is accustomed to CFS2 conversions and try to modify my project to ease the burden of conversions, and set hard-points or whatever so they can be more easily mod'd for your sim.

The B-26 and A-20 (especially the C model) are poly heavy. I did not have CFS2 in mind when I did them; was thinking more about FSX native conversions.

With that said, my offer is still open to work with one of your conversion artists to make the aircraft available to you.

The gmax source is also available if someone wishes to take that route.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank u, Dave and Milton!
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I offered to do more CFS2 conversion-friendly versions some time ago.

The offer still stands for the A-20C, G. and P-70A1/A2 models, plus a Russian C model that lacks the blister guns.

The same offer stands for the B-26 Marauder if there is interest.
    Hello Milton,

First I'd like to thank you for the generous offer. There is one item that there is a difficulty with. The yoke in the virtual cockpit.

1.) Can the yoke be made with "part visible" non-animated property? No key-frames.
    2.) " " the rudder pedals be set in a neutral position "part visible" non-animated property? No key-frames also.

The reason for this is CFS2 has a very limited amount of animation key-strokes. I'm running out of them to edit into your model.
    If so, this would be for the G and C varient only.

Thanks Again Milt,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    David,

Mazel Tov!
    Dziękuję Rami!

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hello Milton,

First I'd like to thank you for the generous offer. There is one item that there is a difficulty with. The yoke in the virtual cockpit.

1.) Can the yoke be made with "part visible" non-animated property? No key-frames.
    2.) " " the rudder pedals be set in a neutral position "part visible" non-animated property? No key-frames also.

The reason for this is CFS2 has a very limited amount of animation key-strokes. I'm running out of them to edit into your model.
    If so, this would be for the G and C varient only.

Thanks Again Milt,
    Dave
    Of course Dave.

Are you using the FS9 model as your starting point?

Are you okay on steering, gear, flaps, etc.?

What do you want for munitions? Hard-points for rockets?

Do you want the gun blisters for the C model? Bombs in the bays?
    Also for the C, do your want the animated rear gunner and bombardier in place?

Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Of course Dave.

Are you using the FS9 model as your starting point?

Are you okay on steering, gear, flaps, etc.?

What do you want for munitions? Hard-points for rockets?

Do you want the gun blisters for the C model? Bombs in the bays?
    Also for the C, do your want the animated rear gunner and bombardier in place?

Milton
    Yes I'm using the latest FS9 Beta.

Steering, gear, flaps all Ok.

Two Hard-points (one each wing) for iron bombs? Not sure if this is in your *mdl. If not, then not needed.

Gun blisters for the C model, yes.+

No bombs in the bomb bay.
    Animated rear gunner and bombardier in place. Yes.

I hope this isn't a heavy load on you...looking at the Havoc thread in FS 2004, your plate looks full. Also no hurry if you do. Please, it's a hobby.

Thank You,
    Dave

Yes I'm using the latest FS9 Beta.

Steering, gear, flaps all Ok.

Two Hard-points (one each wing) for iron bombs? Not sure if this is in your *mdl. If not, then not needed.

Gun blisters for the C model, yes.+

No bombs in the bomb bay.
    Animated rear gunner and bombardier in place. Yes.

I hope this isn't a heavy load on you...looking at the Havoc thread in FS 2004, your plate looks full. Also no hurry if you do. Please, it's a hobby.

Thank You,
    Dave
    Hi Dave, no problem; I'm retired and have lots of hours available per day. :-)

I also have 4 projects in progress plus supporting others.

I have no hard points for wing bombs (actually don't think I have seen any pics with them under the wings).
    The Pacific theater used rockets so I have that available.

Otherwise, your request will be fulfilled as stated.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Icon22

That would be great Milton! Forget about the bomb hard points. Those can be added in this sim via damage profile.
    Thanks,
    Dave

That would be great Milton! Forget about the bomb hard points. Those can be added in this sim via damage profile.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Did you want me to do the G or are you done with that?

And for the G, there are options for a belly Cannon pod and a long range belly tank. I assume you do not need them.

EDIT: For the VC, do you want only the interior plus exterior things you can see such as wings, engines, nose, fully functional props, etc., or the whole aircraft?

Also, can you deal with prop blade pitch animations or do they need to be removed?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Definite interest in the C, if it could be simply modified to a B mark having the stepped nose glazing of most USAAF A-20s in North Africa and early stages of the New Guinea campaign. None exist for CFS2. If it wouldn't take too much work, I for one would appreciate it. Thanks for your work either way.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Did you want me to do the G or are you done with that?

And for the G, there are options for a belly Cannon pod and a long range belly tank. I assume you do not need them.

EDIT: For the VC, do you want only the interior plus exterior things you can see such as wings, engines, nose, fully functional props, etc., or the whole aircraft?

Also, can you deal with prop blade pitch animations or do they need to be removed?
    Hi Milton,

For the G, only need the yoke and pedals. G is almost finished but still need the yoke and pedals .
    The same goes for the C

No, gun-pod and belly tanks are not needed.

On the VC, same as you made it for FS9. Only needs the yoke and pedals fix "parts visible, no animation".

Prop blade pitch animations are fine as is. I've set them at mid-animation.

So to sum it all up, pretty much "as is" except for the vc flight input controls.

Thanks for being so thorough.
    Dave

Hi Milton,

For the G, only need the yoke and pedals. G is almost finished but still need the yoke and pedals .
    The same goes for the C

No, gun-pod and belly tanks are not needed.

On the VC, same as you made it for FS9. Only needs the yoke and pedals fix "parts visible, no animation".

Prop blade pitch animations are fine as is. I've set them at mid-animation.

So to sum it all up, pretty much "as is" except for the vc flight input controls.

Thanks for being so thorough.
    Dave
    Great! Working on the C model now. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Icon4

Just saw Captain Kurt's post...if you have the B variant I can finish that one off instead of the C.

It all comes down to what you already have Milton.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Definite interest in the C, if it could be simply modified to a B mark having the stepped nose glazing of most USAAF A-20s in North Africa and early stages of the New Guinea campaign. None exist for CFS2. If it wouldn't take too much work, I for one would appreciate it. Thanks for your work either way.
    Captain Kurt,

As much as I wish I could accommodate your request, it is no trivial task, and I have a heavy workload for the foreseeable future.

The noses or the two are quite different in length and shape, the interior is different, and of course texture mapping for exterior and interior would have to be modified.
    That is the reason why I did only the C and G models which have a lot of differences in fuse, wings, engines, flaps, crew and guns.
    From those two, we squeezed out two night fighters, the P-70A1 and A2.

However, if someone skilled in gmax wishes to take it on, the gmax source is available for the asking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnose.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ridin High by Huub Vink Converted

Members who have read this thread: 0