Hey Piglet..

Thread: Hey Piglet..

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I second that, but it seems he has moved on. I know he would have enjoyed all the advances in the flight sims and he would have continued to wow us with his creations.

Wherever you are, hope things are going smashingly. Your community misses you though.

We would all love to see the return of Piglet.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Piglet is definitely an icon of flight simulation. One can always hope for his return.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Agree completely. Tim and his works are brilliant, we miss you.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I don't begrudge Tim his decision to leave the hobby. . .hell everyone gets a bit tired of doing the same thing day in and day out. . .especially at the seemingly furious pace that Tim was able to produce some fantastic models. I know he was (like other developers) sometimes pestered or taken to task by ungrateful individuals who felt they had a right complain about everything under the sun. I'd be ready to call it quits too I guess.

However, Tim also had a huge following, not just here at SOH, but throughout the FS Community. . .he had lot of friends within this hobby. . .people who supported him and truly enjoyed his creations. It's really a shame he didn't see a need to at least give his friends a "goodbye, it's been great. . .I'll stop by from time to time to let you know how it's going" kinda farewell. Unless I missed it, he was basically here one day. . .working on a new airplane and gone the next. Poof!

He may have given an Admin some inkling of what happened, what his plans were (if he had any), why he suddenly disappeared (burnout, medical problems, none of our business, etc), but to my knowledge, whenever these "Whatever happened to Tim" threads pop up, no one seems to have a clue. I think that's a shame.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

As far as I know, the Admin here had as much advance notice of his intentions as anyone else. I know that after almost 20 years of flight simming, I tend to get a bit burned out on it at times. Tim was around when I was first starting out.

And I love that XB-35. Too bad it was never released. I'd love to see what I could do with the metal on that!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

xb-35 over at FltSimCom....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XB-35_Piglet.jpg  
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Old thread..

Certainly was a lot of interest at the time..

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...y-Airbase-1947

Thanks SeaHawk! I was still flying FS9 back then.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Please come home.. Your missed.

Beautiful shot Pam; thanks for sharing it.

Yes, we all miss Tim; hope he is well and happy at doing what he is doing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Milton. Glad you like it..

Seahawk. The N-9MB was Jack Northrops first experiment and about the size of your average 60's Pontiac turned sideways. Jack used that little plane to iron out all the wrinkles in the design, and it flew amazingly well. His dream was to build a fleet of flying wing airliners with picture windows on the leading edges and resturaunts and sleeping quarters. Jack did nothing if not think big. However, he was restrained by needing financing, and his biggest contributor was the US Government, so, we fifnt get an airline, but instead got the xb-35 which was a massive under-powered monster and the design was never fully realized untill the YB-49.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I don't begrudge Tim his decision to leave the hobby. . .hell everyone gets a bit tired of doing the same thing day in and day out. . .especially at the seemingly furious pace that Tim was able to produce some fantastic models. I know he was (like other developers) sometimes pestered or taken to task by ungrateful individuals who felt they had a right complain about everything under the sun. I'd be ready to call it quits too I guess...
    And when he gave his work to the community for free, too! I'd put it down to burnout combined with ingrate overdose, wish him well and leave it at that. People are entitled to pursue other interests, or drop things if life bowls a googly (curve ball, if you like). He always ploughed his own furrow and has more than earned the right to have his decision respected.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I dug through his posting history. He quit posting, a few months later quit visiting the forums, a few more months of nothing, then he did a flurry of uploads over a couple of weeks of paint kits and textures for his work. Then nothing for the last 5 years.

I think he just went on to other things and I wish him well in life.

As I know the community, his return would invoke two days of celebrations before he's buried benath an avalanche of requests and heads-ups for particularly peculiar aircraft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    As I know the community, his return would invoke two days of celebrations before he's buried benath an avalanche of requests and heads-ups for particularly peculiar aircraft.
    ::LOL:: Aint that the truth?

Any reason why at this stage this unfinished work cannot be opened up to the community for some talented people to take over and finish the job Tim started? I mean, it's been literally years since anyone has heard from him. Why let this unfinished one sit any longer? If it's a matter of no VC, we can always alias it to something else. I would love to do some metal work on this thing.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

My take on this at that time was that Tim is a kind of person who wants to please everyone and has a hard time saying "no", and this kind person was hammered with requests on a daily base.
    I kinda expected the identity of "Piglet" to disappear at some point.
    I also suspect that he is here from time to time under a different name. I wish Tim all the best, under whatever name.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Any reason why at this stage this unfinished work cannot be opened up to the community for some talented people to take over and finish the job Tim started? I mean, it's been literally years since anyone has heard from him. Why let this unfinished one sit any longer? If it's a matter of no VC, we can always alias it to something else. I would love to do some metal work on this thing.
    Umm no, its not quite that simple.. Believe it or not, the majoity of this plane hasnt been modeled yet. the omb doors are all missing as is much of the detail.. Alias'ing is simply not a possibility. May as well be driving cardboard pretend cars. Below is a pic of the copilots station on deck two. and the engineers pnel..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f52b116b6ae68d3d3de4bb094999c8a9.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Umm no, its not quite that simple.. Believe it or not, the majoity of this plane hasnt been modeled yet. the omb doors are all missing as is much of the detail.. Alias'ing is simply not a possibility. May as well be driving cardboard pretend cars. Below is a pic of the copilots station on deck two. and the engineers pnel..

Understood, and be that as it may, I bet there is still some talented modelers out there that would love to sink their teeth into finishing this project properly. Couldn't hurt to ask right? Honestly a simplified VC wouldn't hurt either. I don't spend much time in those engineers positions when I fly anyway. So why not save those polys somewhere else...but even so, if someone is up to the task they may not mind doing it justice.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'll offer my meager services, but I think Rick could do it more justice than I could. Yall might need some heavy lifting with it.

Blog Entries
    welll, if someone can regress the in game model to omething editable, I'm not against it. The only stipulation I would have is that somewhere in the interior of the plane you place a little doggy bag to honor Piglet and his puppy. I cant speak for piglet, but i know theres a lot of us that would love to see this bird finished..

Yeah, Ben Puppy would have to be in there somewheres.

Someone who is good with ModelconverterX should be able to do something with it. Unfortunately, I'm not. But I can paint walls after a fashion, along with adding extra detail.

Blog Entries
    I'll email piglet in the next day or so to see if he minds. I can only hope he still has the same email addy he used to have..

Members who have read this thread: 1